What's your unpopular opinion about trophies?

11 minutes ago, Acceptatio said:

let’s hear the top 10 then.

Time consuming, collectibles, missables, all endings, no death, no kill, glitched, online ranks, online wins in a row, MP specific like get 8 people in a certain area.

I don't know, I'm just spit balling, but those tend to be lower rarity than just "beat the game on hard".

I'm not the one you quoted though, so maybe they have a better answer 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheWestPT said:
Here's mine: The Mein Leben trophy in Wolfenstein 2 is not that hard.

I share the same opinion, but in general and not just for Wolfenstein specifically (haven't tried it yet). Many people make trophies appear harder than they really are. Pretty often when a game instead of giving you a default easy platinum requires some sweat and persistence, people rate its difficulty extremely high. And when you say something like "this game's difficulty is definitely not 9 or 10, because there are many much harder games (which then would be rated what? 14/10?", people get all offensive. 

• Like 2

Our trophies for us: (prideful) ah, how much effort and skill they have cost us.
Our trophies in the eyes of others: (concerned) damn, look how much free time that guy has, to waste.

• Like 3

Most lists are boring and bland and people still call then good because they liked the game itself

I'm very happy when I see trophies on the list that are more interesting

I really liked lists like

Hohokum - trophies have nothing to do with finishing the game or with collectibles (game can have collectibles and not even 1 trophy tied to them, cool)

Just few fun things to do and a challenge 

Good list

It takes two and A way out also have great lists

Most of the trophies you will get doing small things that are not connected with finishing the games.

I remember only 1 trophy from whole Assassin's Creed series

Air kill on poisoned guy trophy

I would add simple things to the lists like run around an npc in spiderman or follow them for a while

Stop at the red light and wait for green light in GTA 

Brake checking police would be fun too

Try to shoot/throw something at quest npc's in far cry before accepting a quest

Make a symbol with bullets on the wall in CoD

Fun, quick things like that would add personality to bland lists

My most favourite games have most boring lists you can imagine

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

They’re up for debate of course, but IMO:

1. Overall Quality of the game
  2. General Popularity of the game
  3. Genre
  4. Inclusion in PS+
  5. Stacks/ Autopop-abilty
  6. presence of glitches/ exploits
  7. Length of game/grind
  8. online elements
  9. missable-ness
  10. Existence of guides

Instead of Ps Plus, we may extend ourselves to the price: even if a game has never been on Ps Plus, but it's often cheap, chances are it would have rarer Trophies than they should be.

Either way your points are valid, but I would frankly put difficulty in there as well. It's definitely not the biggest factor when it comes to Trophy rarity as many folks say, but I would never put it out of a Top 10.

14 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Unpopular around these parts? You should stop playing the game when the rest of the trophies don't look fun anymore, regardless of your completion percentage in said game. 

* evil laugh *

How do you think I got my completion percentage to 98/99%? 😈

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

The best kinds of trophies are the ones that teach you about game mechanics. Were you aware that you can place a unpinned grenade in someone's pocket in fallout 4? I didn't until I read the trophy list.

And a trophy that mandates a second complete playthrough (like the one in Virginia or New Game+ boss in Persona) is good since it forces people to not rely on a guide on the initial playthrough.

• Like 4