What's your unpopular opinion about trophies?

Trophies should always require doing absolutely everything a game has to offer. Take Crash Bandicoot 1-3 for example. Why did they only require Gold Relics? They should've made us do the Platinum ones. Same goes to GTA V - why aren't all the Gold Medals required? Why aren't all the side missions and random events required?

That's why I'm not particularly happy about some modern PS4/5 plats which at times don't even require for you to get 100% completion

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 3

Here are a few of mine:

• The Evil Within Akumu difficulty is extremely over hyped in its difficulty. There is like a few difficult sections but there are so many checkpoints in the game that you can pretty much just smash your head against a wall until you get through. Managed to finish it with only 50 deaths compared to most peoples 100s of deaths.
  • Speedrun trophies should be in more games. I absolutely love speedruns & I don't really understand the hate a lot of the speedrun trophies get since they give you so much leeway time in a vast majority of cases.
  • Trophies that involve stuff such as "Do X thing X amount of times" or "Do X thing for the first time" are lazy trophies & shouldn't be in any list. They are there simply to bloat the list.
  • Bad trophy list structure has become fair too acceptable in the modern age of trophy hunting with the "trophy whoring" mentality. 
  • Just because a platinum is grindy, doesn't mean the platinum is difficult.
  • Sony forcing every game to have trophies has resulted in a lot of lazy trophy lists, which I personally think is bad thing since bad lists become more acceptable because of it.
  • Easy platinum =/= Shovelware
  • Platinums should require you to see either all, or a vast majority of the content the game has to offer, not just the main story with a couple miscellaneous stuff.
  • Collectible trophies aren't bad, it's how the game handles collectibles that is bad.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Trophies should always require doing absolutely everything a game has to offer. Take Crash Bandicoot 1-3 for example. Why did they only require Gold Relics? They should've made us do the Platinum ones. Same goes to GTA V - why aren't all the Gold Medals required? Why aren't all the side missions and random events required?

That's why I'm not particularly happy about some modern PS4/5 plats which at times don't even require for you to get 100% completion

Because you needed gold for the secret ending in the originals.

Platinum was just there if you reeeeally wanted. Crash 4 asks you for plat, but there are the Dev Times which are just rebranded plats of the originals

1 minute ago, DesmaBR said:

Because you needed gold for the secret ending in the originals.

Platinum was just there if you reeeeally wanted. Crash 4 asks you for plat, but there are the Dev Times which are just rebranded plats of the originals

Yeah, I know, I've played a lot of the original Crash trilogy, but the trophies may have required more.

Also, shame there's no DLC pack with trophies for the dev relics in Crash 4

12 minutes ago, RufianRivas said:

If you have the Hannah Montana or Peppa Pig plat, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Shovelware trash in your trophy list? You're to be dismissed as a legitimate trophy hunter, possibly as a human being.

Your account is completely fresh; almost like a do-over, I wonder what your previous accounts had or looked like if applicable.

5 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Yeah, I know, I've played a lot of the original Crash trilogy, but the trophies may have required more.

Also, shame there's no DLC pack with trophies for the dev relics in Crash 4

You are a monster

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Thanks to easy platinums and shovelware, bronze trophies are worth more than gold. 

I never understood why people care about if a game have platinum or if is a gold or bronze trophy. I don't care about it, why guys(most people on PSNP) care about the trophy level or the trophy count? I only care about the trophy rarity. 

I think that autopoping platinums is fine. I autopopped Jedi Fallen Order's PS5 platinum because I really couldn't be bothered playing it again. I couldn't autopop something like Death Stranding Director's Cut because I'd gladly play it again. I think autopopping has its place in trophy hunting. 

Edit: To clarify, I don't think autopopping EVERYTHING is good. But like, if you suffered through a real slog, you shouldn't have to suffer through it again in my eyes. I autopopped a Fall Guys plat. Of course I did. I wasn't going to go through that shit again. Do the people putting laughing emojis honestly think that you need to go through everything again in EVERY game's case? Do people actually think this? 

Ridiculous. Besides, it's not nearly as bad as fucking shovelware. Autopop the shit games, do everything again for the games you enjoyed and want to experience again. That's it, that's how I see it. Oh man, an unpopular opinion in a thread about unpopular opinions lmao, what a thought. 

Edited by AlonMercer
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TheWestPT said:

The Mein Leben trophy in Wolfenstein 2 is not that hard

Is all about skill. Some people are getting the trophy in their first try or after thousands of tries and hundreds of hours.

28 minutes ago, Startyde said:

I'm sorry, did my unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinion thread not sit well with you? Whomp whomp. 

Saying "hidden trophies are bad" it's not unpopular, you're only one of dozens I've seen saying the same.

We still don't care and will never care about being accepted by other people on the internet lol.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 3

Ok: I didn't like the change of trophy points Sony did a while ago regarding the plat value: instead of the old 180 points, double of a gold was enough, they increased it to a whooping 300 points. Aside the fact that we have the more appealing trophies per say, to the point I see YouTubers referring to any other platform achievements as trophies and the 100% meaning "platinum it", the 1000G from Xbox seems more fair. But when even Sony is talking about platinums, and the little they do seems to push the platinum hunt or fever, how can we blame anyone wanting the lists to have a platinum? What leads to another unpopular take I have: behind trophies and accounts there are actual people, and I believe some need to remember that in time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

Saying "hidden trophies are bad" it's not unpopular, you're only one of dozens I've seen saying the same.

We still don't care and will never care about being accepted by other people on the internet lol.

You have a healthy attitude about it which I respect. You do you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

What leads to another unpopular take I have: behind trophies and accounts there are actual people, and I believe some need to remember that in time.

That's true, some here are comparing shovelware with commiting a CRIME (I won't give names but you can all read the topic lol), that's taking it extremely far. Trophies are only that, trophies, they don't hurt anyone, and as long as there isn't any harm to other individuals is just a hobby.

What I see here is that this mentality hurted a lot of people. Remember we are here for the fun..

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, shadaik said:

Every game should have a platinum. All it is by now is a signifier somebody got everything in one game. Plats are kinda overvalued by not being in every game.

Not true now though is it. You don't need to 100% games to get a platinum. They became participation trophies years ago