Saddest Game Ever?

noyjoy

Red Dead Redemption... I was reeling after that bit when... no, I can't even say it now, it's too sad.

Brothers had me a little misty. Definitely made me think of my own brother whilst I played it.

Last of Us wasn't exactly sad IMO, but there was a deep pathos. I felt so deeply for Joel's love for Ellie at the end, that he was willing to do what he did for her, despite the costs. I felt I understood him on a level that went beyond simply feeling "sad" at what had happened, having been through the adventure with Ellie, but I wouldn't call it sad. Hopefully that's spoiler free! ;)

Brothers: Tale of Two Sons - Played this with my little brother so it felt more real

Heavy Rain - This was probably the saddest game I've ever played

The Last of Us - Certain scenes were very touchy especially the start, Henry & Sam and finally the Winter section.

Spec Ops: The Line - Though not so much sad this game really gets to you

Mafia II- The ending was incredibly sad

=)

The games with the most sad moments for me are (without spoilers):

• Chrono Trigger (you know why if you played it)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (ending)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (before the ending)
  • Final Fantasy VII (you know what)
  • The Walking Dead Season 1 (Ending)
  • Heavy Rain (Some endings are really sad)
  • Final Fantasy X (Ending)
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

This is what I can think of right now.

• Like 1

Okami so many emotional scenes in there, especially the last scene where your fighting the boss and you see the sun disappear and everyone starts wondering where it went omg you have to see it for yourself so many tears held back. 

This!! Thats one of the few times that I've genuinely cried from something a game. An amazing game that was.

Red Dead Redemption... I was reeling after that bit when... no, I can't even say it now, it's too sad.

Brothers had me a little misty. Definitely made me think of my own brother whilst I played it.

Last of Us wasn't exactly sad IMO, but there was a deep pathos. I felt so deeply for Joel's love for Ellie at the end, that he was willing to do what he did for her, despite the costs. I felt I understood him on a level that went beyond simply feeling "sad" at what had happened, having been through the adventure with Ellie, but I wouldn't call it sad. Hopefully that's spoiler free! ;)

*Maybe spoiler*

Yes, Agree with you about TLOU, since the beginning you know that this is not going to be rainbows and unicorns. Touched? of course, that's the whole point of the game (Ellie and Joel relationship), but not  :'(  :'(  :'(

No one better to make the saddest meme ever of all... than the photo of the cat bat below. But to be fair, Batman is my childhood hero.

And he's one of the greatest icon ever.

Did anyone who played Batman: Arkham City felt the gloominess and a little bit of sadness, right?

It's not happy to play a game inside a prison full of nuts.

sad-batman-6.jpg

*Maybe spoiler*

Yes, Agree with you about TLOU, since the beginning you know that this is not going to be rainbows and unicorns. Touched? of course, that's the whole point of the game (Ellie and Joel relationship), but not  :'(  :'(  :'(

When exact;y does the moratorium on spoilers run out? Because after a certain point it just gets silly.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.  :o

Leo DiCaprio doesn't float.  :o

He was dead all along.  :o

Are they cool? Or too soon?

;)

Tried to keep my explanations very general.  Unlike some who just go "When ____ dies in _____".  Put it in spoilers if you want to be specific, but most people will know what you're talking about even if you're pretty general about it.  Don't be a dick (yes I got spoiled by a couple of posts in the thread, but pretty sure I'm not the only one)

My top 5 saddest moments I've had in games are:

• Red Dead Redemption (Obvious reasons)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 Ending (You can wait as long as you like, but you're the one who pulls the trigger)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 (Microwave hallway.  That scene is by far my most heart wrenching scene, and one of my favorites in gaming)
  • The Walking Dead (Telltale, you made one great game)
  • Last of Us (Multiple scenes...Just a powerful game in general)

Honorable Mentions:

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (The game is just depressing in general.  The 3 day cycle was fantastic.  First day people noticed something was off with the moon, second day is when people start fleeing, third day is just people accepting the world is going to end and they're doomed.  A lot of little details in it that went a long way with its impact)
  • Ni No Kuni (The intro is pretty sad)
  • Spec Ops The Line (White Phosphorus, and a lot more scenes in that are very powerful)
Edited by Astindan

Spec Ops: The Line - Though not so much sad this game really gets to you

The Line was a great game that showed that war shooter can really show the chaotic and depressing acts that happen without over doing it.

The Line was a great game that showed that war shooter can really show the chaotic and depressing acts that happen without over doing it.

Oh absolutely! Spec Ops The Line was by far one of the best games I played last year:) Really underated game and not what I was expecting at all!

Edited by Langy900

I would say. Red Dead Redemption John die's. The Walking Dead Clem kill Lee. Final Fantasy Vii ending disk 1. & Infamous 2 Hero ending. Those are sad & emotional.

You mind putting a spoiler box here ? You kinda ruined some good gaming days considering I am yet to play TWD S1 this summer...

Well there are lots of sad games, then there are those who make you think about real life stuff and make the whole thing even sadder. Games like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, TLOU and many of the previously mentioned. 

Also, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core's ending was (and will always be) something hard to watch :(