Looking for PS3 Recommendations

Terra

I’ve been recently wanting to beef my PS3 collection since I intend to start tackling my unplayed titles in the coming months. 

Here’s what I have currently planned to do:

Mirrors Edge

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Yakuza: Dead Souls

Basically, I’m looking for any titles that interest me and that I can get cheap ($50 or under) Some of my favourite franchise’s include Uncharted and inFamous but I mainly enjoy RPG’s, and Action/Adventure titles.

Anything goes, really

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here are some games which I did or I am currently playing and I liked them all except for a few but I listed them anyway. Maybe you will find some games which picks your interest.

- Prince of Persia series

- Wheelman

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution

- Splatterhouse (but it's expensive and not a must play imo)

- Enslaved

- Asura's Wrath (True ending is a dlc)

- Beyond Good & Evil HD

- Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

- Drakengard 3

- Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

- Alice: Madness Returns

- Driver: San Francisco (Don't know if the MP works anymore but this game was awesome. imo the best Driver game)

- Duke Nukem Forever (got a bad reputation. It was ok imo. Dlc is delisted tho)

- Remember Me

- Silent Hill 2 and 3 HD

- Crazy Taxi (100%)

- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 and 2

- Wet

- Sly and Ratchet & Clank series

- Puppeteer

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (Also available on PS4)

- Blur

- Split/Second 

- Spec Ops: The Line

- Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

- Rain (100%)

- God of War series

- The Darkness II

- The Saboteur

- Dead Space series

- Killer is Dead

- Rage

- GTA 4

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

- DMC 1 and 3 (2 is ass)

- Just Cause 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

If you don't mind there being no trophies, try the following :):

Resistance: Fall of Man

Folkelore

Heaven's Sword

Civilization: Revolution

Eternal Sonata

If you're after some trophy action, try Aliens: Colonial Marines (it has a terrible reputation but I loved almost every minute of it) - you can get it for peanuts these days, because it was a colossal bomb.

4 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Here are some games which I did or I am currently playing and I liked them all except for a few but I listed them anyway. Maybe you will find some games which picks your interest.

- Prince of Persia series

- Wheelman

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution

- Splatterhouse (but it's expensive and not a must play imo)

- Enslaved

- Asura's Wrath (True ending is a dlc)

- Beyond Good & Evil HD

- Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

- Drakengard 3

- Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

- Alice: Madness Returns

- Driver: San Francisco (Don't know if the MP works anymore but this game was awesome. imo the best Driver game)

- Duke Nukem Forever (got a bad reputation. It was ok imo. Dlc is delisted tho)

- Remember Me

- Silent Hill 2 and 3 HD

- Crazy Taxi (100%)

- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 and 2

- Wet

- Sly and Ratchet & Clank series

- Puppeteer

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (Also available on PS4)

- Blur

- Split/Second 

- Spec Ops: The Line

- Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

- Rain (100%)

- God of War series

- The Darkness II

- The Saboteur

- Dead Space series

- Killer is Dead

- Rage

- GTA 4

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

- DMC 1 and 3 (2 is ass)

- Just Cause 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

Blacklist and Driver: SF are now impossible to Plat due to server closure :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

• Jak HD Collection: Plays actually better than the PS4 versions which are just running through a PS2 emulator.
  • Sonic Generations: Best 3D Sonic ever imo
  • Duke Nukem Forever: Forget what you heard about it. This is an amazing game with excellent level design.
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Fun and demanding platinum
  • Vanquish: If you're really up for a challenge
  • Like 4

The games listed so far really take me back. There were a lot of standouts and hidden gems on the 3.

Off the top of my head:

Toy Story 3 - still one of the best movie-based games to this point

3D Dot Game Heroes - love letter to classic Zelda, and a tricky plat (but certainly doable). One of my all time favorites on the 3.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rcrharvick said:

Dante's Inferno (I don't think 100% is attainable anymore, but platinum still is)

The Saboteur

Dead Space

Rage

The Trials of Lucia DLC went offline last Winter so those trophies are no longer obtainable but all the other trophies are still possible.

I can recommand:

ICO

Remember Me

Drakengard 3

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

I did try to exclusively focus on games only avaiable on PS3, without a remake/remaster or rerelease on PS4.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

These threads are always pointless imo. People mention so many games that in the end OP could also just go through a list of all PS3 games released and it would be the same outcome.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

These threads are always pointless imo. People mention so many games that in the end OP could also just go through a list of all PS3 games released and it would be the same outcome.

Actually the recommendations helped me build up a sizable collection, so keep them coming everyone!

41 minutes ago, urharrar said:

Play the darkness of 2007, it's epic

It's on my wishlist.

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

That's asking too much. OP couldn't even be bothered look up one of the already dozen other threads on the same topic. I can't be answering the same question every 6 months because search engines are confusing to some people. 

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the best kart racer money can buy. Its single-player content is extremely difficult at a lot of points, but that doesn't make it any less worth playing at all. It's a content-rich, highly polish and overall excellent game in general, but if you're a fan of a lot of older SEGA games, the experience is significantly elevated. Its predecessor, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, isn't as good, but it's still a solid and enjoyable title in its own right.

If you're looking for another challenging game, try out Pure. It's basically SSX meets MotorStorm, and while it's not a particularly easy game, it's fun to play and worth giving a try. Plus, it's dirt cheap and the online still works. Speaking of, while I don't own it anymore, I did briefly have the actual SSX game on PS3 years ago and I remember it being really enjoyable. Pretty sure the servers are still online, but it is an EA game so its days are probably numbered.

Rayman Origins is also really strong. It's just a really polished and well-made 2D platformer, is consistently enjoyable throughout. They really nailed the balanced, tough-but-fair difficulty curve in this one, which isn't always something this series gets right. Lovely presentation and lots of content too. The Sly Cooper series is also worth trying. They're great games, and while Sly 1 is on modern platforms now, it's another Jak situation where the PS3 version is a proper native port rather than the original PS2 version more or less completely unchanged. Thieves in Time was made for PS3 (and PS Vita), so it's probably not getting rereleased anytime soon (outside of the streaming version that's already available).

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

That's asking too much. OP couldn't even be bothered look up one of the already dozen other threads on the same topic. I can't be answering the same question every 6 months because search engines are confusing to some people. 

Actually I did. I wanted to hear other people’s opinions. You don’t need to be a jerk about it. 

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

I wanted to hear other people’s opinions.

Has anyone in this thread mentioned a game not listed in the other threads? I might be interested as well.

32 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Has anyone in this thread mentioned a game not listed in the other threads? I might be interested as well.

A few generally overlooked ones, but that I really enjoy, depending on your taste :

Shadows of the damned (weird but quite entertaining)

Marvel ultimate alliance (great turn based)

Kingdom of Amalur : reckoning (if you like long RPG's)

Posted (edited)

I would say the resistance franchise because you can't play them anywhere else really (except one of them)

Really hope they reboot the franchise, it is a winning formula

If your into older looking jrpgs, I would say take a peak at Dragon Fantasy book 1 and book 2. 

The story behind why they got made is really amazing as well. If anything read why book 1 was made. It's a touching story. 

Wish we got a book 3

Edited by Dav9834

9 minutes ago, colia100 said:

Shadows of the damned (weird but quite entertaining)

Marvel ultimate alliance (great turn based)

Kingdom of Amalur : reckoning (if you like long RPG's)

Those are regularly recommended (except maybe UA). Also, the DLC for Amalur was delisted on PS3 years ago, so the 100% is quite the hurdle these days.

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Actually the recommendations helped me build up a sizable collection, so keep them coming everyone!

It's on my wishlist.

Sorry just to let you know, there isn't any trophy's to achieve, but it's such a great game and should definitely be in ones game collection.