User Reviews

I'm not reporting problems or anything, the site is awesome. Guides were a great idea, but I'm curious why you guys didn't put user reviews or something like that to rate a game. (Just additional/suggestion)

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD
  • Like 2

I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea. But those kinds of systems tend to be abused later on.

Yeah, it has the potential to become like a "Metacritic User Score"... where games either get 10's (if they're on the hype train) or 0's (if there's any connection issues - a la BF4 - or it 'doesn't live up to the hype/promise' - like Watch Dogs).

Nice idea though LastSurvivor, maybe we could have a trial run with some new games and then apply the system if it seems to be legit?

• Like 3

Yeah, it has the potential to become like a "Metacritic User Score"... where games either get 10's (if they're on the hype train) or 0's (if there's any connection issues - a la BF4 - or it 'doesn't live up to the hype/promise' - like Watch Dogs).

Nice idea though LastSurvivor, maybe we could have a trial run with some new games and then apply the system if it seems to be legit?

or maybe only premium members can vote? Or people with at least 50 posts or some little thing like that.

• Like 1

Metacritic is a shit because it's full of trolls that never even played the game, let alone completed it.

PSNP is one of few sites that could do this right, because it can check if user have the game (and put enough effort) before letting him vote (or count his vote).

Metacritic is a shit because it's full of trolls that never even played the game, let alone completed it.

PSNP is one of few sites that could do this right, because it can check if user have the game (and put enough effort) before letting him vote (or count his vote).

I doubt it with all the fanboys, liars and haters that could be here but it would be closer to perfect than anywhere else. 

I doubt it with all the fanboys, liars and haters that could be here but it would be closer to perfect than anywhere else.

you can't lie that you've completed (put enough effort) the game.

And there's nothing wrong with haters/fanboys as long as they have actually completed the game. Like if they hate something for being overrated they either convert or confirm their opinion.

While I do prefer base 100% (platinum), A rank seems to be fine (it is avg. completition * 1.55). Rank B (starts from 1.20) is still over average completiton, so it could be ok as well...

you can't lie that you've completed (put enough effort) the game.

And there's nothing wrong with haters/fanboys as long as they have actually completed the game. Like if they hate something for being overrated they either convert or confirm their opinion.

While I do prefer base 100% (platinum), A rank seems to be fine (it is avg. completition * 1.55). Rank B (starts from 1.20) is still over average completiton, so it could be ok as well...

The fact is people over blow things (Myself included) and this could cause problems with integrity of the reviews submitted, But if you your way is good enough I won't complain. 

I don't think the vote should be restricted to only those with the Plat. If it is to be restricted, I think it should be allowed to whoever has a higher completion rate above the average (showed in the game page). That way we rule out the casuals who didn't cared much about the game, but include those that play games without caring for trophies too much.

• Like 1

I don't think the vote should be restricted to only those with the Plat. If it is to be restricted, I think it should be allowed to whoever has a higher completion rate above the average (showed in the game page). That way we rule out the casuals who didn't cared much about the game, but include those that play games without caring for trophies too much.

I was thinking of the same thing Arkthur_us. Suppose people want to give a review for a game but the platinum is too hard for them such as Lost Planet 2 or Persona 4 Arena. So what you said having a higher completion rate above average seems fair. 

• Like 1

The only problem with this is :

Someone buys the game plays it with an open mind and truly dislikes the game. They play a couple hours and then sell it back. That persons opinion is still valid. I don't really have a good fix for this problem but restricting it to people with a higher percentage basically only allows people who truly liked the game and hunters/completionists to vote on it.

The only thing I can think of would be to restrict it to people who have at least one trophy(so you know they played a little) and only one vote per profile per game.

• Like 1

I have 1% trophy completion on FFX but I put in about 600 hours on the PS2 version, I'm more than capable of writing a review. Why not let the Guide team have a quick look at the review before posting and just let everyone who wishes to write a review do their thing?

The only problem with this is :

Someone buys the game plays it with an open mind and truly dislikes the game. They play a couple hours and then sell it back. That persons opinion is still valid. I don't really have a good fix for this problem but restricting it to people with a higher percentage basically only allows people who truly liked the game and hunters/completionists to vote on it.

The only thing I can think of would be to restrict it to people who have at least one trophy(so you know they played a little) and only one vote per profile per game.

Sometimes, you need to have the platinum to be able to give a valid viewpoint of a game.

For example, Rayman Legends.

I was really enjoying the game, and then the grind started to reach Max Awesomeness level, which darkened my views on the game. Trophies are a part of the game, and they affect your viewpoint of the game. If I had been allowed to write a review with just the average completion %, I would've sung high praises of it. Now? Nope.