What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

19 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

If the URL of the links is the proper one you shouldn't worry about it. It seems like links to trophies in guides with non-ascii letters cause the link to open in a new tab. E.g. click in this guide on any trophy link and it will open in a new tab:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5903-plastic-memories-trophy-guide

Another example is this:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5975-gravity-rush-2-another-story-the-ark-of-time-ravens-choice-dlc-trophy-guide#7-keeping-secrets

Click on the Deja vu-trophy link and it will also open in a new tab. But other links scroll down.

I see... though that also happened on another guide I was writing (with ascii letters) even if I did the same thing.

And it works like it should on this guide, even through it doesn't scroll:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3255-iavt-colorful-trophy-guide#マイフェイバリット

Looking at the code after inserting the link I get " rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" after the link and before the link name, wonder if that's causing it...

Either way I got a message I have to fix this, but I'm kinda stuck as to what else I can do.

edit: ...well, I seemed to fix it by just dragging the link over to the edit box instead of copying the link... No idea why copying wouldn't work for me when the guide says it would but at least I found a way x3

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

I see... though that also happened on another guide I was writing (with ascii letters) even if I did the same thing.

And it works like it should on this guide, even through it doesn't scroll:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3255-iavt-colorful-trophy-guide#マイフェイバリット

Looking at the code after inserting the link I get " rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" after the link and before the link name, wonder if that's causing it...

Either way I got a message I have to fix this, but I'm kinda stuck as to what else I can do.

edit: ...well, I seemed to fix it by just dragging the link over to the edit box instead of copying the link... No idea why copying wouldn't work for me when the guide says it would but at least I found a way x3

That's a really strange behavior. oO

And that IA-guide may act different as it was written before the site-upgrade. Oh, all this inconsistency really is annoying sometimes..

But I'm glad you were able to find another way..

Edited by Crimson Idol

55 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

So... anyone else having trouble linking trophies? I'm doing it EXACTLY like the guide says but all trophy links open in a new tab instead of scrolling down... that seems to be the only thing I still need to fix

I had the same problem with my links. Try opening the guide (without editing) in one tad and the guide that youre editing in the other. Copy the links from the unedited one and post them in edit. ( i have found that if you copy the link to the trophy while editing it had this ...edit at the end of the link. maybe thats why it opens a new tab )

11 minutes ago, BlueBerry_1337 said:

I had the same problem with my links. Try opening the guide (without editing) in one tad and the guide that youre editing in the other. Copy the links from the unedited one and post them in edit. ( i have found that if you copy the link to the trophy while editing it had this ...edit at the end of the link. maybe thats why it opens a new tab )

That didn't work for me, one of the first things I tried was pasting links from the non-edit guide too and still had the same issue... maybe my computer is just being weird.

Anyway, links changed, guide submitted again and hoping for the best this time!

Edited by Zanreo

EDIT: The awkward moment you quote old posts thinking they were new posts. Apologies to anybody apart of this thread who received a notification from me saying they were quoted. I am stupid! ?

Edited by ddracarys

OK, so I updated the list... However, I MAY have missed some (because @Satoshi Ookami needs his subbed XD). If I missed anything, let me know and I'll update the list.

Overall, the list is a work-in-progress. I'm debating on if I should delete games off the list or keep games on so I'm leaving it as is right now.

Just started The Sims 3: Pets guide. I'll likely be done with it by the end of the week as I go through finishing the game but no promises! I also have Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince that's still in development. I've left Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in limbo because of the online section and I have no plans to go back to it.

Resuming work on Arcade game series: Galaga after long layoff. Truth be told I'd forgotten about it completely until today, although I'm almost done with it.

Will also work on Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladio, although it's only a few trophies that really need working on.

Also I would be willing to help out a bit on P5, if it's needed anyways as I see a lot of people working on it.

Update 1: Arcade Game Series Galaga complete and waiting for review.

Update 2: Episode Gladiolus complete and waiting for review.

Edited by jaehyun1009

On 04/04/2017 at 7:46 PM, ZA-TomTom said:

Decided to start one, to contribute a bit. ^^

• Blackwood Crossing
  • PS4
  • guide's in progress
  • no help needed

Edit: yet I can't seem to create a guide (been following this), when clicking the "Create Guide" button, the trophy page reloads and that's it... do I need approval first?

(tried with latest Firefox, latest Chrome, Win10 Pro x64)

So I've PMed Sly and he read my message but never answered, it's been almost a month.

I still cannot create a guide for this bloody game (despite I can for other games).

Sorry to bother you guys but what am I supposed to do now?

1 hour ago, ZA-TomTom said:

So I've PMed Sly and he read my message but never answered, it's been almost a month.

I still cannot create a guide for this bloody game (despite I can for other games).

That'd be a question for @Dragon-Archon. Though he'd probably suggest the same. All I could tell you is to PM him again or bring it to the attention of another mod. Dragon doesn't do any of the techie stuff as far as I'm aware of.

44 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

So, I just got my copy of Prey. Will be starting soon. Will be writing a trophy guide for it. Where should I got to reserve my name for the guide. i'm not sure how this works.....

You don't reserve anything. You just go create a guide. 

First, earn a trophy for the game.

Second, go to your PSN profile and click on the game.

Third, either click on guides, and then create or you should see a green box on the right side of the trophy list if you scroll down a little and it'll say create guide.

If you actually go to the guide section, Sly created a guide to help new members write guides. Take a look at it if you get a chance.

15 hours ago, ZA-TomTom said:

Sly's very busy, so he may have forgotten about it. Just send a reminder, asking him if he has figured out what the issue is and that you really want to write a guide for the game.