What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

18 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Thirty?! That's more than one every other week. That's what I call being productive. Wish you lots of fun writing all those. :D

Haha, thank you! I have accumulated more time for myself this year so I can spend more time doing what I love, and one of the things I love is writing! So I'm really looking forward to slowly pumping out all of these Trophy Guides throughout the year. 

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, ddracarys said:
  • BioShock: Infinite Trophy Guide (PS4).
  • BioShock: Infinite: Clash in the Clouds DLC Guide (PS4).
  • BioShock: Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 DLC Guide (PS4).
  • Bioshock: Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2 DLC Guide (PS4).

All of my BioShock: Infinite Trophy Guides have been submitted for review and should be published around Tuesday-ish. Onto the next! I will continue to be working with my elder brother for the next Trophy Guide, which is the one for Bentley's Hackpack (PS3). I shouldn't require any help here, though I appreciate anybody offering to do so anyway. :lol:

• Like 2

Since the work on the Stardew Valley guide finally started, I'm left wondering about the possibilities of tables inside a guide. I'Ve read the Guide Manual and there was nothing stated about it, but maybe it's possible and I just didn't understand how.

Is it possible to have a table where a column has a span of two rows? Or a row with the span of 2 columns?

It would help me to present the branching skill trees in a cleaner fashion as if I were to simply list them or use single cells for everything. If it's not possible, I'll have to think of something else, I guess.

• Like 1

Attention all guide writers: In case you didn't know about it, it's now possible to delete guides.

14 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Since the work on the Stardew Valley guide finally started, I'm left wondering about the possibilities of tables inside a guide. I'Ve read the Guide Manual and there was nothing stated about it, but maybe it's possible and I just didn't understand how.

Is it possible to have a table where a column has a span of two rows? Or a row with the span of 2 columns?

It would help me to present the branching skill trees in a cleaner fashion as if I were to simply list them or use single cells for everything. If it's not possible, I'll have to think of something else, I guess.

Yeah, it's possible. When creating a guide, you can insert a table and select how many rows and columns it has.

On 14-12-2017 at 9:56 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Lol. Yeah, I've had that thing on there since 2014 and haven't worked on it since really 2016. I thought I had it under control and get it out this year because I recruited Dragon to help me out, but we haven't done much with it.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. I'm currently working on a guide, but it should be done in a week. Do you want to finish the Ni No Kuni guide after that?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, it's possible. When creating a guide, you can insert a table and select how many rows and columns it has.

That I know. I already created tables. But they all have the same number of cells in every row. What I mean is the possibility of tables where for example one single cell spans about the width of two other cells in a second row. Or maybe I'm just blind and don't see that function.

Also, yay to the possibility of deleting guides. I don't need it yet but it will sure be handy :D

4 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

That I know. I already created tables. But they all have the same number of cells in every row. What I mean is the possibility of tables where for example one single cell spans about the width of two other cells in a second row. Or maybe I'm just blind and don't see that function.

Also, yay to the possibility of deleting guides. I don't need it yet but it will sure be handy :D

Oh you mean merging and splitting cells? If so, then click on the cell (or select the cells you want to merge) and a bar will appear with some functions. The 6th button from the left will allow you to merge and split cells horizontally and vertically.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Attention all guide writers: In case you didn't know about it, it's now possible to delete guides.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. I'm currently working on a guide, but it should be done in a week. Do you want to finish the Ni No Kuni guide after that?

Yeah, I can work on it on the weekends mostly. Too tired (mostly on my eyes from looking at a computer all day) after work during weekdays to really do anything productive

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh you mean merging and splitting cells? If so, then click on the cell (or select the cells you want to merge) and a bar will appear with some functions. The 6th button from the left will allow you to merge and split cells horizontally and vertically.

Oh, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! :D

6 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I can work on it on the weekends mostly. Too tired (mostly on my eyes from looking at a computer all day) after work during weekdays to really do anything productive

All right, with the Guide of the Year Awards finished I finally have some more free time.

1 minute ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Oh, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! :D

You're welcome and good luck with the guide.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

On 7-1-2018 at 9:44 PM, optimusmart said:

It went through first time, that's good, I expected to get at least some problem as I didn't really look much into the guide tutorial. I didn't get any messages from the guide team, should I have got at lkeast a comment somewhere from them, due to this being my first guide??

You get a notification once a guide is published, unless those are turned off. For first-time writers we also make an exception and adjust more things than usual without sending it back for revisions. I believe Mango mentioned something about this on your guide :hmm:

On 1/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

You get a notification once a guide is published, unless those are turned off. For first-time writers we also make an exception and adjust more things than usual without sending it back for revisions. I believe Mango mentioned something about this on your guide :hmm:

I definitely noticed this between my Magicka 2 guide and my more recent ones. Once you embrace the sexy standards psnp have, you're likely to have fewer fixes... unless Dragon likes corrections?! 

On 1/9/2018 at 9:18 AM, Kallume said:

Game: Reus

Platform: PS4

Update - I'm about 50% done this guide... turned into a bit larger than I thought it would. Aiming for Feb 15 completion 

3 minutes ago, Kallume said:

I definitely noticed this between my Magicka 2 guide and my more recent ones. Once you embrace the sexy standards psnp have, you're likely to have fewer fixes... unless Dragon likes corrections?! 

Lol, we gradually let guide writers do more and more things themselves as to not scare them off :lol: . Fewer fixes is always a good thing: less work for guide team = happy guide team :P .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I'm not working on it yet, but I do plan to work on a Tokyo Xanadu guide when I play the game.  It's on my short list so I should get to it decently soonish.

I'd like that! 

On 2/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

That game is on my wishlist, so I'll definitely be using it.

agreed

working on one for Mummy Demastered, would like to do Elex but that game would take a lot longer than most other guides i have written and i know i wont have the time.

Just submitted "The Mummy Demastered" guide. might be the only guide i do this year due to time.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a trophy guide contributor to finish off my guides which I started and completed some/most of it but needs finishing off. You WILL need knowledge of the game so ideally you would of unlocked the platinum trophy or completed most of the game. If you prefer just to fill the guide with the trophy info, I can always tidy it up afterwards. 

1) PS4 - FIFA 18 (70 - 80% ish completed)

2) PS4 - Cities: Skylines (40% - 50% ish completed)

Message me if interested ?

Edited by Marccap
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

Just Submitted my Battlefield 3: End Game DLC trophy guide.

gonna start on the last non-written DLC trophy guide for BF3 which is the Back to Karkand DLC.

im also looking for anyone if they wanna do LEGO: Indiana Jones 2 and/or Truck Racer.

It's not in the review queue.

I'm working on a guide for Birthdays the Beginning.

It looks like it's going to be the first comprehensive guide on the web since I could barely find any resources when I needed help.

It's mostly finished, I'm just making some videos and I need to get the plat myself too so I don't look a total knob.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 2