What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

7 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Were u moving sections around a lot?

I seem to experience that sometimes when moving sections. 

I find it annoying when you highlight more than one cell on a table, and it sends u back to the top of the section

Its a great editor, one of the best, but its not without some very minor flaws 

I did move a few, but it was only on one occasion. Afterwards, it reverted the name back for all of them each time I try to edit them, except for the last one which was never flipped-flopped with anything, so I could see that being the cause if that's a known glitch.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Side note, I was able to crank out a "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" gameplay guide over the weekend.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone have issues with the title of sections reverting back to "Add Title to section?" I had to constantly go back and rename each part because it did it to me while editing. I never had this issue before and was wondering if it was specific to me.

Haven't heard of this issue before. If other people experienced this, please let me know.

2 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I find it annoying when you highlight more than one cell on a table, and it sends u back to the top of the section

Its a great editor, one of the best, but its not without some very minor flaws 

Sometimes this happens to me too.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Haven't heard of this issue before. If other people experienced this, please let me know.

Sometimes this happens to me too.

Talk to @Platisfaction about it. I think he saw it first hand when my guide was under review and was sent back with a few minor flaws. 

I agree with @optimusmart that the editor is easy to use, but man, my guide had like 15 sections and I had to rename it every time I edited the section. I had to go back and fix a few things in each section so it got REALLY annoying after a while. Lol.

I need a break between Chapters on this IaS TW, im spent so many hours on it optimising I need to spread it out.

So i'm currently working on a Rime TW in-between. I'm going to make it video/text as that seems to the easiest to follow for this game. Could go the images/text route, but it would take a while to do the TW then as I need to provided a lot of images and relate to the game with them. Difficult without a map or objectives and no way am I creating maps

So this Rime TW shouldn't take to long as it's a short game. There are already a few TWs out there for this game, none stickied on here though, so I aim to optimise this one to a 2-3hr plat and the text should provide additional info for clarity. You can just about watch videos as your playing with this game making it really quick. I've Platinumed it once, just going to platinum a few more times now to optimise the routes

Going to do this back to back with IaS, but Rime will be done fast so expect it up in a few weeks

Game: Need for speed payback

Under review

This is my first guide, I just joined this amazing community so when it gets reviewed you can go look at it and tell me what you think!

Also, I'm not sure how I will know when it gets reviewed.

And I know my English is not the best so when it comes out if anyone want to check the grammar and all that stuff, let me know!

*I'm not sure if anyone actually wanted this guide because its fairly easy and came out in November, but I still wanted to make it! hehehe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xxsomkxx said:

Under review

This is my first guide, I just joined this amazing community so when it gets reviewed you can go look at it and tell me what you think!

And I know my English is not the best so when it comes out if anyone want to check the grammar and all that stuff, let me know!

*I'm not sure if anyone actually wanted this guide because its fairly easy and came out in November, but I still wanted to make it! hehehe

It doesn’t matter how easy the game is, a guide is always good ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xxsomkxx said:

Under review

@ddracarys would probably help you out if you think it's needed! :)

If you hit the submit button, it can take up to a week before someone gets to it. 

• Like 2

I was heavily considering writing a guide for Burnout Paradise Remastered, but the original PS3 version guide is already there. Between the original and the remaster, there are no trophies that are changed in the base game. With that, I feel that if I wrote a guide for the Remaster, it'd just bloat things out.

1 hour ago, ARB1992 said:

I was heavily considering writing a guide for Burnout Paradise Remastered, but the original PS3 version guide is already there. Between the original and the remaster, there are no trophies that are changed in the base game. With that, I feel that if I wrote a guide for the Remaster, it'd just bloat things out.

Well, it's nice to have a guide for a remastered version because it'll be linked when you go to the trophy list. Much better than finding the PS3 version.

I don't see an issue with this.

9 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Trophy Guides are appreciated no matter what the game is. Whether it's My Name is Mayo or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, your writing, time, and dedication towards said Trophy Guide is greatly appreciated, above all else. You are likely to help at least one person out there, no matter what. It's the little things that count here, so honestly go for gold! It may take one attempt, or a couple, but at the end of the day you will have a Trophy Guide up to the public that is dripping with passion. And whatever the game is, that's what really matters. If you any of you need help with anything in terms of guide writing, please do not hesitate to ask me! I am here to help and make your lives a bit easier, after all. Though I have not played Need for Speed: Payback or Burnout Paradise Remastered, I can still provide support towards your Trophy Guides in terms of anything else, really! As I said, anything you need, let me know!

Thanks for the insight. I'll try my hand at writing a guide for Burnout Paradise Remastered and see where it goes.

Edit: Just finished the Tips& Tricks section of the Burnout Paradise Remastered Guide.

Edited by ARB1992
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 2:39 AM, ARB1992 said:

Thanks for the insight. I'll try my hand at writing a guide for Burnout Paradise Remastered and see where it goes.

Edit: Just finished the Tips& Tricks section of the Burnout Paradise Remastered Guide.

Not a problem at all, and nice! I saw that actually. ;)

On 3/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, ddracarys said:

I have also started a Trophy Guide for A Way Out with my cousin!

This should be up in a matter of hours.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 2:39 AM, ARB1992 said:

Woah, you got this in the review queue already! That was fast, very impressive. Nice work! :yay:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddracarys said:

Woah, you got this in the review queue already! That was fast, very impressive. Nice work! :yay:

Thanks. Hopefully you guys like it. I tend to get into it when I start writing, therefore I end up doing a lot in a bulk. That can have its drawbacks, though. I make sure to, very carefully, re-read and take another look at everything before sending it in.

• Like 1

Just now, ARB1992 said:

Thanks. Hopefully you guys like it. I tend to get into it when I start writing, therefore I end up doing a lot in a bulk. That can have its drawbacks, though. I make sure to, very carefully, re-read and take another look at everything before sending it in.

I can definitely relate to that. When I start writing, there's no stopping. It can get pretty bad sometimes, haha. I try to stop myself every so often, to check over things and remove unnecessary, extra words. Happens a lot more often than I'd like to admit. But hey, I'm sure we'll love it! If nobody has checked it over for you by tomorrow, I'll do that myself. ;)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, good luck with the final stretch. I liked that game a lot.

Hopefully its you who does the review then! The game doesn't really need one but id rather get something out there so people don't get caught with that glitched trophy or miss any missions.

15 hours ago, audiopile said:

Hopefully its you who does the review then! The game doesn't really need one but id rather get something out there so people don't get caught with that glitched trophy or miss any missions.

Reviewed the guide and it was good to go, so published it. Nice work :yay: .

hey guys. im looking forward in writing a guide about the supplement and part locations throughout the whole story in TLOU.

its not my writing but i'm basically copying and pasting from that's said in the site and also crediting them.

is it ok or nah? cause i feel the need it should be in the original guide as that's where people are gonna notice it more from since the Guide doesn't tell you where they are and how many are in total and etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

hey guys. im looking forward in writing a guide about the supplement and part locations throughout the whole story in TLOU.

its not my writing but i'm basically copying and pasting from that's said in the site and also crediting them.

is it ok or nah? cause i feel the need it should be in the original guide as that's where people are gonna notice it more from since the Guide doesn't tell you where they are and how many are in total and etc.

No, you can't copy and paste other people's guides.