Beer And Other Spirits

Parker

I figured we could use a thread to talk about our favorite adult beverages. I'm not personally much of a drinker but I do enjoy a beer every now and then and a nice glass of bourbon is always nice too. 

I've always been a fan of Samuel Adams Boston Lager (as well as the seasonal stuff like Octoberfest, Winter Lager and the like) but I've been branching out a little bit lately too. I actually just got back from my local liquor store with some new beer that I really like. Yeah, I know it is only noon but I work third shift dammit, I'm not an alcoholic.  :lol:

Anyways, I picked up a German beer. It is Hacker-Pschorr Wiesse (traditional wheat) and it is very, very good. Easily one of the best beers I've had and it will definitely be stocked in my refrigerator from now on.

hacker-pschorr.jpg

Aside from Boston Lager I also have some Rolling Rock in there, which actually is pretty damn good too, and some Guinness. Not a large selection by any stretch of the imagination but I never open my fridge and long for something else. That being said, I did try a chocolate stout a few weeks ago (I can't remember the brand) and it was quite delicious but pretty expensive too, if I could find it cheaper I'd probably keep some of that around. 

Being from Kentucky, I love my bourbon too. Wild Turkey is my drink of choice and more often than not I find myself pouring a glass of the American Honey of the straight bourbon whiskey. 

product1_47866_600x600.jpg?file=Wild+Tur

I'm also a fan of Woodford Reserve and Maker's Mark isn't bad either. For whiskey I'm a Jack Daniels man, but if I'm not drinking beer I'm probably sipping on bourbon, I don't generally drink much else. 

So fellow PSNP members, what do you enjoy drinking? Any suggestions for us to try? 

Parker

Parker what kinda pint is that? gimmie that glass and bottle and i'll show you how to pour a proper one! 

Screw beer, whiskey (allergic), rum. VODKA is the way to go. a few vodka's and im swinging off people's heads :awesome:

Edited by EternalChaos72
  • Like 2

Man I could go on for hours on this subject!

I don't drink liquor anymore but back in the day I drank pretty much anything but tequila. Now very rarely will I have a bloody mary or a screwdriver.

My passion has always been beer and has grown into a hobby as well the past 10 years. My taste has definitely changed over the past couple of decades. I went from volume to quality. Also the craft beer market has exploded the last 10 years and the state I live in (Michigan) and the city (Grand Rapids) was recognized as "Beer City USA" the last few years.

I have always enjoyed pilsners and lagers and that is mainly the types I continue to make. I have always enjoyed a great stout and have trended towards IPA's the last few years.

When I'm at my cottage in Ontario, Canada I mainly drink Labatt Blue and Lakeport.

I too really enjoy a great Boston Lager, Guinness and any Oktoberfest .

Local Breweries that I love are Bell's, Founders and Short's. As a matter of fact I'm driving about 150 miles on Monday to check out the new Short's brewery. Now that I'm thinking about it I think I'll go grab a 6 of Pandemonium Pale Ale.  :yay:

• Like 1

im not a picky drinker im usually down for a anything but some of my personal faves are

kcco

RH-KCCO-6-pack-web1.png

Shiner Bock

shiner_bock_1.gif

and of course bud light

budlight.jpg

and as far as liquor goes

im big on tequila patron and 1800

patron.jpg

and can never go wrong with bottle of E & J

for my lightweight drinking company i keep a bottle of voga

voga-moscato-italy-10425594.jpg

• Like 1

I rarely drink anymore so when I do it has to be something I can really take my time with and enjoy.

I love my beer (Duvel or anything from a local brewery), cider (scrumpy), wine (I have a penchant for spanish and Italian reds) but one thing I have stuck with over the years is whiskey. I mean, if you can make a perfect, Perfect Manhattan I will be your friend for life.

But... I can almost guarantee that there will always be a bottle of this in my cupboard.

irish_bus3.jpg

• Like 2

When it comes to beer, I started at an early age and drank anything. After stopping for a few years, I now enjoy beers that give a good buzz, but it's all about the taste. I have been sticking to these recently.

1fxqi9.png

1zzrrl0.png

Now when it comes to liquor, it has always been the same. When I want to enjoy a nice beverage, I have cold beer. Whenever I have had liquor, it has always been for only one reason : to get drunk. xD Plus I down liquor in shots, so for that reason I have no preference, as long as it's strong. And I don't believe in chasers. ;)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Now this is my kind of thread! Love drinking as many at PS3T.com know lol.

I'll drink anything but this is my absolute favourite and has been for many years:

bundy-bottles.jpg

Bundy Rum is the best. Also like Jager, Smirnoff and Toohey's Extra Dry.

Edited by feral611

I used to drink anything but nowadays I choose to drink pretty much just beers and wines though I can still have a dry apple cider, some cocktail (I love a good gin tonic for example) or a Finnish long drink (gin + grapefruit juice/soda) every now and then. However I'm still bit of a noob when it comes to beers as I started drinking them maybe a couple of years ago and yeah, I prefer lagers. I've tried a few ipas and some other ales but haven't really found anything that I'd really enjoy yet. However I like both dark and pale lagers.

asahibeer.jpg

This right here is my favorite but I also really like e.g. Kozel, Stella Artois, Corona and Guinness.

Now this is my kind of thread! Love drinking as many at PS3T.com know lol.

I'll drink anything but this is my absolute favourite and has been for many years:

bundy-bottles.jpg

Bundy Rum is the best. Also like Jager, Smirnoff and Toohey's Extra Dry.

Can I ask, are any of these not sweet? I've only ever had the regular Bundaberg, I am an ex Frigate rum drinker.

Can I ask, are any of these not sweet? I've only ever had the regular Bundaberg, I am an ex Frigate rum drinker.

Frigate rum? New one on me. The OP isn't very sweet and the Red is sweeter than regular Bundy. Can't say about Reserve cause I've never had it but I doubt it would be sweet.

Edited by feral611

Frigate rum? New one on me. The OP isn't very sweet and the Red is sweeter than regular Bundy. Can't say about Reserve cause I've never had it but I doubt it would be sweet.

Frigate is a cheap Rum ;)  I love the Bacardi 101 and that's rocket fuel, I'm in Queensland now so I'm going to try the OP and maybe the reserve. I watched an episode of "how it's made" about Bundy and Bacardi, The Bundy operation was amazing to be honest.

• Like 1

Frigate is a cheap Rum ;)  I love the Bacardi 101 and that's rocket fuel, I'm in Queensland now so I'm going to try the OP and maybe the reserve. I watched an episode of "how it's made" about Bundy and Bacardi, The Bundy operation was amazing to be honest.

Ah I see lol, have to give a go. Nice, I like Bacardi too. Good, just gotta watch OP though it's a sneaky one and you'll be smashed before you know it lol. If you try the Reserve let me know what you reckon. Cool as, seeing that made you want some hey.