The "Smoke Me A Kipper..." trophy just got a whole lot easier!

Hey folks, just tried to fire up PixelJunk Shooter on my Vita and it told me there was an update... The first point in the release notes stated that the requirements for the "Smoke Me A Kipper, I'll Be Back For Breakfast" trophy had changed --you now don't need five successive online wins, just five wins.

So I installed the patch, won one online match, and the trophy popped! The total wins must be cumulative, if you've already won five in the past then winning one more must remind the game to see if it owes you the trophy...

I foresee lots of players netting the platinum in the near future (I just did  :lol:)

Edited by YimSiphny
  • Like 3

Is this a new trend? Between this and the Social Lubricant trophy in Watch Dogs all my hard earned trophies are becoming easy lol. Either way good post and congrats to the people that got it before the patch!

That trophy simply made online unplayable. This is not about making it easier - it's about fixing online.
  • Like 1

Is this a new trend? Between this and the Social Lubricant trophy in Watch Dogs all my hard earned trophies are becoming easy lol. Either way good post and congrats to the people that got it before the patch!

I do think them patching Watch dogs is really dumb this on the other hand is much more understandable. This trophy was almost luck based because if anyone quits against you during your streak then the streak ends and you had to start over again. That is totally unfair and out of the players control so you basically had to win 5 in a row and hoped no one quit against you. So I think this is a welcomed change

Edited by Prinny Yugi doods

That trophy simply made online unplayable. This is not about making it easier - it's about fixing online.

Makes sense the online was pretty unplayable

I do think them patching Watch dogs is really dumb this on the other hand is much more understandable. This trophy was almost luck based because if anyone quits against you during your streak then the streak ends and you had to start over again. That is totally unfair and out of the players control so you basically had to win 5 in a row and hoped no one quit against you. So I think this is a welcomed change

When I got the trophy I didn't have anyone quit so I didn't know that part, makes the trophy even worse lol

Yeah, the patch didn't make the game easier (like the 'Trials of Archimedes' patch did for God of War: Acension) but it did make the trophy attainable without having to aim any more choice expletives at the frequent connection drops and rage-quitters.

That said, winning 5 online matches now nets you that :gold:  while winning 7 matches and levelling up only gets you a :silver:... As ggamer15 says in another post, it's a bit redundant now. But I'm not complaining!

Yeah, the patch didn't make the game easier (like the 'Trials of Archimedes' patch did for God of War: Acension) but it did make the trophy attainable without having to aim any more choice expletives at the frequent connection drops and rage-quitters.

That said, winning 5 online matches now nets you that :gold:  while winning 7 matches and levelling up only gets you a :silver:... As ggamer15 says in another post, it's a bit redundant now. But I'm not complaining!

Kinda off tropic but I played without the patch, what exactly about the Trials needed patching?

Think it was widely believed that the Trials of Archimedes presented a massive difficulty spike. Obviously enough people complained to prompt the devs into creating the patch!

But back on topic: go grab those PixelJunk  :platinum:, people!

Edited by YimSiphny

It's making it achievable, Watch Dog's Social Lubricant is completely different, it is only slightly hard and people begged for it to be easy.

• Like 1

In my opinion, this is ridiculous.

I put a lot of time and effort into getting this trophy (as did many others), and having them change the requirements is a poor decision in my opinion. I had several people quit on me during my streak, and that did NOT count towards the cumulative wins (as it doesn't count as a loss when they quit, your streak merely stalls). Hence, the trophy IS based on skill and commitment.

I can understand that people are having a lot of connection issues with the online - I definitely did for a while - but that doesn't mean they should patch the trophy; they should patch the ONLINE MODE ITSELF instead.

Good for everyone yet to get it though :P Just disappointed I'll be losing an Ultra Rare plat...

Edited by FluffyAssassin64
  • Like 1

Thank you for the tip. Just got it. I definitely wont be playing THAT multiplayer anymore. I really enjoy PJS's campaign but I'm not a fan of the online. Still, I tip my hat to those that achieved it legit before. I could never have done it. My pattern is always win 1 lose 1 win 1 lose 2 win 1 lose 1 etc.

tell me about it, whats next?... vanquish challenges 1 to 6 made easy

reminds me of the patch that made the mini game in plants vs zombies a whimpy pathetic effort, made easier just because ppl complained...

games with challengin elements should stay the same...

i dont fully agree with boostin to some extent either, it takes away the experience of the game... for instance it can take either days or years to farm a pure bladestone on ds whilst ppl can just exchange and dupe it with all the other rare items in 5mins... makes the entire games challengin difficulty laughable

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

Connections are better now for PJ shooter.  Way less disconnects.  I didn't see any update for the game but was able to stay connected enough to get the 5 in a row.

Offtopic - SocLube trophy doesn't need to be easier, but more time efficient.  Each attempt will cost you 3+ minutes of your life only to fail in seconds - stupid.  And there are some small bugs.

Games are easier now than ever before.  This nu generation are spoon fed ribbons and "everyone is a winner".  Nobody wants a challenge or to work, they just want.  And we share trophy tips and game guides, some of which are so detailed they are basically cheating, you tube shows you how to beat bosses, as well as organized boosting sessions so who are we to judge.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Thank god it got easier.

had only played one game before (and won it by x:0 and got the other golden trophy) but had way too many disconnects since then.

after the  patch, i got 4 more wins and "bling" :)

weird that 5 wins is now a gold, while getting to the next league (7 wins) is still a silver :D

Edited by dalailama1989