DLC ruin the average completion of games !

alex_scp_7

There is nothing we can do about it. If you want to get 100% on every game you play, you'll have to buy DLC every now and then.

I've been able to avoid buying DLCs by getting GOTY editions and the like, if you are willing to wait to play a game, there's always a solution.

• Like 1

this_thread_again.png

EXACTLY!

There is nothing we can do about it. If you want to get 100% on every game you play, you'll have to buy DLC every now and then.

I've been able to avoid buying DLCs by getting GOTY editions and the like, if you are willing to wait to play a game, there's always a solution.

It really is a sound strategy for this issue and getting the most for your money.

if DLC didn't count then people with DLC trophies (and OCD B) ) would not be satisfied after getting these trophies.

How about having somewhere on the profile banner the percentage of non-DLC trophies?

I thought about a percentage of plats only, but remembered some games have no plats

plus they ruin the stats of how many hours it took to finish a game if you dont have the dlc straigtaway... lol

Well, those stats are far from being useful in the first place, as they count the total time from one trophy to another - not in-game time.

haha come on guys more trophies the better we all here in the site for the trophies :rolleyes: , i enjoy most  dlc trophies if it story dlc  and if the game i like is enjoyable 

if DLC didn't count then people with DLC trophies (and OCD B) ) would not be satisfied after getting these trophies.

How about having somewhere on the profile banner the percentage of non-DLC trophies?

I thought about a percentage of plats only, but remembered some games have no plats

yes i´m not complaining about receiving dlc trophies i just think that the dlc should be separated of the completion of the games 

Ex: 87% completion in all games (with or without plat)  / 76% completion in all DLC

This is my opinion and what i think that the profile should have, some players understand, others not that´s fine everybody has right to their own opinion and this is mine if u dont like it at least respect it !!!

You should be enjoying the games you play and not worrying about DLC bringing down your completition rate. Only person that it matters the most to is yourself, nobody else actually cares.

I enjoy the games as much as you and any other player, maybe i care more in the subject than the most players or maybe not, many players like to have a good or pretty profile with good statistics so sue us for that if you dont like it !!

I´m sure that the player have the possibility of buy a DLC of a game he really like he would but not every players has that possibility...

• Like 1

(game companies who just want to make money aren't worth supporting to start with

You have an.... interesting, outlook at things. What if I told you grocery stores do not exist merely because people have the need to eat, but because some people want to profit from that need. "Not worth supporting"?

• Like 1

There is a good fix for it, hide and sell the game.

(game companies who just want to make money aren't worth supporting to start with, for a good cause i must say)

Any company, and gaming companies are no exception to this rule, has a main goal of generating profit. It's called capitalism.

• Like 2

Any company, and gaming companies are no exception to this rule, has a main goal of generating profit. It's called capitalism.

I wont persist on this topic anymore as you could have a valid point, however just want to mention:

isn't that just an excuse while more than half of them don't deal with this kind of strategy used for DLC?

take Nihon Falcom for example a small company who managed to do so much more than other big companies while keeping their business fair to everyone.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

yes i´m not complaining about receiving dlc trophies i just think that the dlc should be separated of the completion of the games 

Ex: 87% completion in all games (with or without plat)  / 76% completion in all DLC

This is my opinion and what i think that the profile should have, some players understand, others not that´s fine everybody has right to their own opinion and this is mine if u dont like it at least respect it !!!

I enjoy the games as much as you and any other player, maybe i care more in the subject than the most players or maybe not, many players like to have a good or pretty profile with good statistics so sue us for that if you dont like it !!

I´m sure that the player have the possibility of buy a DLC of a game he really like he would but not every players has that possibility...

I think the best solution would be for the site to not count dlc trophies towards your game completion unless you have at least one trophy from the dlc. The issue would be completely taken care of then. Normally you shouldn't even have trophy lists for dlc you don't own on PSN but we all know Sony's not about to fix that.

• Like 1

necro.jpg?w=1000

Lol.

you shouldn't even have trophy lists for dlc you don't own on PSN but we all know Sony's not about to fix that.

I don't think they even could fix it if they wanted to. (Not cheaply anyway.)

The trophy system was bolted onto PSN in an attempt to play catch-up to M$ and the achievement system. It just doesn't talk to the PSN store in the way that it would need to to be able to detect if you have bought the DLC.

I think the best solution would be for the site to not count dlc trophies towards your game completion unless you have at least one trophy from the dlc. 

What about if you buy the DLC, but are unable to earn any trophies in that DLC (e.g. they're too hard for you)? Then, under your suggestion, the site would be making your completion % appear higher than it really is. 

• Like 2

In this day and age, it's a double edged sword. Yes, people deserve to be paid extra money for extra work (kinda like overtime) however there are a lot of companies, publishers and developers (we all know who you are) who deliberately strip content from their games, knowing that people will pay extra for it like it's now an accepted norm for us. However if big name companies like Rockstar can provide their players with constant free content and extras, why can't the rest of them? It's a real kick in the teeth for fans especially when it's obviously been stripped from the original game. I guess all we can do is abstain from purchasing "overpriced" DLC and support the fairly priced content and the games that offer it for free. They'll stop selling it when there's no market for it.

• Like 3

The thing is, too many people are feeding the beast. Just look at this thread. Most people here love dlc's no matter what and think they should count against you even if you don't own t. I don't get it. But it is what it is. I refuse to pay for overpriced dlcs which also prevents me from buying new games when they come out knowing some lame dlc will come out for it. If it ends up being good, I will buy the GOTY which oddly enough is normally cheaper then the dlcs themselves.

• Like 2

The thing is, too many people are feeding the beast. Just look at this thread. Most people here love dlc's no matter what and think they should count against you even if you don't own t. I don't get it. But it is what it is. I refuse to pay for overpriced dlcs which also prevents me from buying new games when they come out knowing some lame dlc will come out for it. If it ends up being good, I will buy the GOTY which oddly enough is normally cheaper then the dlcs themselves.

Well, the additional DLC trophies are automatically added to the game list as soon as the new content is available.

Just or not you should really petition the 'problem' to Sony. That's how they do it.

But that's how Microsoft does it.

And how Steam does it.

And all the others as far as I know.

• Like 1

Yes, and we also shouldn't count in trophies that are kinda hard. Or the ones that I don't like. Oh, oh, and online trophies - man I hate those!

Whether you like it or not, DLC's with trophies are part of the game, and as such needed for 100% completion. End of discussion.

It's the fact that you can't obtain them by just owning the game that is the problem, not that people don't like them or they are hard etc. In other words, they are not part of the game, they are part of the DLC.

• Like 2