[Anime] Which Arc/Season in An Anime was your Favorite or Greatly Liked.

DarknessKey92

For Me at the top of my head out of some of the animes I've seen:

Bleach Season 3's "Soul Society: The Rescue arc(Episodes 42-63)" :

This Arc had great times like "Renji Vs Byakuya", "The Flash step Duel between Yoruichi & Byakuya", "Ishida fighting Mayuri with his Letzt Stil(Which I hope to see again in the 1000 year blood war Arc)", "Kenpachi vs Komamura and Tousen", "Yoruichi Vs Soi Fon", "Ichigo Vs Byakuya", "Tosen's Betrayal was really surprising to me', and that Aizen taking his glasses off while Sliding his hair back Leaving Soul Society towards Hueco Mundo Scene was pretty cool.

Gundam Wing's "White Fang Arc Lead by Zechs(Episodes 39-49)":

My Favorite Arc in the Series where:

Quinze requests Zechs to be the White fang's Leader while using the Gundam "Epyon" as a Symbol of the Group. Later on the Gundam Pilots begin to reunite while learning their true Mission is to Save the Earth From Zech's Plan of using the Libra cannon on Earth that could wipe out the people along with any possibility of Living on it leading to a War Finish in favor of the Colonies. Treize Takes measured to also try to prevent that from happening by Leading as many possible World Nation forces into battle in space offering to duel Zechs 1 on 1, but gets refused and fired on by Libra's Cannon. Lady une piloting the recovered sunken Wing 0 saves him leading to Treize declared war against Zechs & his army of Mobile Dolls. The gundam pilots decide to join in to help stop Zechs after seeing The World Nation Lossing to the Mobile dolls controlled by Dorothy enhanced by the Zero System. Wufei tries to fight off the Mobile dolls, but once sees Treize decides to confront him to settle his personal score with the man. Once he faces the man he asks him if he knows the sacrifices others have made for him who gave their lives in his name, once asked he made one of my favorite moments in Gundam History making(Already was) him one of my Most Favorite Characters from the Gundam series next to Herro Yui:

Okay after that happened you get the climactic Decisive final battle of Zechs & Herro that started in space ending inside a destroyed Libra ship caused by the 5 colony scientists(who made the 5 Gundams) detonating explosions within the Ship, along with getting rammed by the peacemillion in the cannon's section. Once defeated decides to spare herro from using the Gundam's self detonation device planned to try to destroy what's left of a falling Libra ship heading towards earth by stabbing the core causing an explosion that destroys a lot of the ship. Yet a chunk is still falling worrying everyone, but luckily herro meets Wufei who has his Buster Rifle who uses to blow what's left of Libra thus saving the Earth.

Yu Yu Hakusho's  Season 2 "Dark Tournament Saga(Episodes 26-66):

Probably many's favorite Arc.

It had the most action, story development, and the most build up Rivalry in the Series Team Toguro Vs Team Urameshi.

Not to mention all the other teams who Team Urameshi faced also held interest to the viewers.

I can not put into detail how great this Arc was for me, it was just amazing; Still treasure my DVD Copies of all the Seasons.

Hmm I have quite a few my first one would be:

Darker Than Black Season 2

Mostly because one of my favorite scenes is in this season. The part when Hei just comes back was just awesome :D 

Gurren Lagann (Before they grew up)

No matter how many times I watch Gurren Lagann I will always like the first half. Mostly because

Kamina is still there and they did so much in the first half. When Kamina and Simon first combined into Gurren Lagann was pretty awesome, and when Simon finally becomes badass.

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Sister Arc/Accelerator *SPOILERS!*

The first time I saw Accelerator I knew he was just a badass! He made the series so much better for me especially when he became a somewhat of a good guy. Everything about him was just interesting to me and loved seeing him every episode he was in. Not to mention that creepy laugh ;). His back story was a sad one also. 

I recommend everyone to watch this anime! Twas a very good watch and I can't wait to watch it again!

One Piece water 7 arc

mainly because of franky

Kill la Kill the whole thing

because who doesn't like the idea of the fibers in our clothes trying to take over the world. Also NUDISTO BEAAAAACCCCHHHHHH

Black Lagoon Season 1 and 2

overall the who thing was just fantastic

Gurren lagann Spiral King

Kamina is the main reason I choose this part of the series because there are so many feels when he dies.

• Like 1

It seems like this thread wants a one-response answer, so I'll deal my trump here and now, my favourite anime season... no, anime... no, visual media... no.

My favourite entertainment media production of all time.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig.

Every single thing about it was perfect. To this day I still have not found a singular flaw.

I'm still waiting, after all this time, for the prophesied 3rd Gig. I always will be.

hmmmmm.... for me.. my all time fave:

Fairy Tail - Loke Arc

-not that long arc (5 manga chapters and 3 anime episodes) but thanks to that arc... Lucy skyrocketed to one of my fave anime character of all time...

runner up will definitely be:

Shingeki no Kyojin: Battle of Trost District arc

Edited by jeieem

I unfortunately don't think I've come across an Arc of which I very much so enjoyed in an anime yet,
one of my more favourite /so far/  would have to be around -

episodes 40-60 in D.Gray Man.
The Arc of Lulubell and the fortune teller Exorcist. 

Edited by EnigmaticFrenzyy

If I'm able to choose from series that are over 52 episodes long, I guess I'll go with these:

One Piece's "Enies Lobby Arc"

Out of all the arcs in the Super Rookies Saga this arc contained the best amount of action with character development for each member of the crew. With the exception of Robin, the Straw Hat crew demonstrated their strength through challenging fights against CP9 members. Chopper and Luffy demonstrated the risks they'd take to protect others, despite the damage to their bodies. Sanji showed his resolve to not injure a woman despite the possibility of death, which Nami grew to accept his handicap. Usopp learned that every member of the crew had a task that they're good at, encouraging him to later rejoin his crew. Robin's history was revealed and we also learned just how far the World Government's idea of Absolute Justice would go. The save by the Going Merry was surprising but unfortunately she finally reached her limit and had to be put down.

Bleach's "The Rescue Arc"

Like Darkness posted the battles in this arc are top-notch yet the main reason would be the clash of ideals: Uryu fought Mayuri to avenge his grandfather as the latter merely saw other people as disposible objects; Renji fought Byakuya as someone who took his family away from him; Soi Fon fought against Yoroichi as she felt she was forgotten by her master; Ichigo fought Byakuya to end the senseless slaughter of Rukia. The reveal about Aizen's betrayal was shocking and did lead to a potentially good battle between him and Ichigo, yet their match really had no teeth behind it and ended in a disappointing whimper.

Fairy Tail's "Edolas Arc"

Despite the major absence of my favorite character, Juvia Lockser, this arc does have the one criteria that a good series should have: a pivotal moment through some form of character growth. One Piece has a few that revolves around the characters such as when Luffy entrusted his straw hat to Nami in Cocoyashi Village or Robin pleaded to live to her crew; character transformations of power is another famous type such as in Dragon Ball Z with Goku's transformation to Super Saiyan or Bleach with Ichigo revealing his Bankai. Up to this point Fairy Tail was just going through the motions without really having a good moment to call its own; the "Fighting Festival" arc even went so far as to steal Vivi's farewell from One Piece. The pivotal moment came when Happy reassured Carla that they were not created to kill their friends. It's surprising to think that two cats could be called a major point from a show yet this sealed the deal. This arc does introduce the powerful Gildart and previews just how dangerous a dragon can be, which would be shown in the next arc. Lisanna is reunited with Natsu and her siblings, despite the previous mentions of her death. The main catch of the arc is the alternate world and just how magic is treated, which does lead to the moment between Happy and Carla. The "Edolas" arc was the beginning of the uniqueness of Fairy Tail and the show greatly improved in storytelling, albeit the animation still sucked when it came to fight scenes.

Although they are not seasons and are series instead, I would go with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series and Digimon Tamers as the best within their animated franchises.

I have a few great arcs in mind but I would have to say the Chimera Ant arc from Hunter x Hunter. The animation and storytelling in that arc was just beautiful. There was one episode that i'm not gonna go into detail about, but it was just so amazing I had goose bumps and couldn't sit still for more than an hour after it was over. 

I would have to say that a close second would be Medaka Box season 2/Abnormals Arc I think it was called?

The Enies Lobby Arc from One Piece - This arc was very emotional and just great in every way, but the flash back fillers really pissed me off xD

Edolas Arc from Fairy Tail - This was really interesting and it was great to look at the opposite!

All of Naruto's training - For some reason I like when characters get stronger and learn new things, its exciting to watch!

I usually watch all the mainstream anime because I'm to slow to read subtitles haha.

• 3 months later...

Right now I'm Really Enjoying the Dressrosa Arc From One Piece, I'm more captivated in the way they're story telling/Showing a lot of the misery Don Flamingo has been causing for years.

It gives him the desired heat he needs, since I honestly in a way Hate & Like the Bastard.

I hate what he's done, but in a way I like how Oda has booked him to be this fucken organized Narcotic Drug lord(except instead of drugs it's :Smiles/Devil Fruits, weapons).

I'm gonna love watching Flamingo's Defeat when it happens.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Marineford arc from One Piece. So many badass fights were going on at the time rather than the usual "each crew member fights another person" plan. It was also one of the few times that One Piece made me cry due to events which must not be named. ):

The Impel Down arc is the runner-up, I finally got to see my husbando again and awesomer than ever after hundreds of episodes <3