Easy plat?

zafira1290

True, I could do it if I persevered. It definitely isn't as hard as the rarity suggests but I think that's because it was a PS+ game so lots of people played it but never finished it or went for the platinum. My friend got the platinum in a couple of weeks of playing.

giphy.gif

This is pretty much me after having perfected all 50 missions. It most certainly is a challenge. It requires fast reactions, pretty decent memory and such. And thus, this game is definitely harder than most of the games you'll find, especially the PS+ ones. Level 50 is literally asking perfection while having to rewire your brain to get used to controlling two ships and their directions. Glad I'm almost done with the plat. Just need to collect the extra missions and should be good. Hardest part if over

I 100%'ed this game, and it's kinda hard but  doable, you'll need a lot of patience and you should try to memorize the best path to get perfect on every level.

i got the platinum playing the game on my PS Vita, so i guess this game is easier to plat on a Vita than on a PS4 cos you can use the touch screen to move/switch your ship.

• 1 year later...

I have everything but level 47 perfected. That is more of a matter of being careful and able to survive more than it is about skill.

Level 50 is pure skill. What throws most people off is those first four blue switches, you have to line up that other 'green' ship just right so you can throw the bombs and be able to hit that switch. I failed a lot of runs because of that. Fairly simple and easy to get the hang of otherwise, since it's a short level.

I did all the DLC levels on my alt, and I would argue those critical urgency levels are more difficult than level 50 in the base game. Especially those three levels in Dual Core, they require extreme concentration, even though the levels are incredibly short, that doesn't mean they aren't difficult.

Personally I would give Velocity 2X a high 6, but no more than a 7.5 out of 10. Some of the DLC levels are probably a 8 out of 10, because you need very precise teleporting and have to boost the entire length.

Velocity Ultra is around a 5 out of 10, mostly because there were no sidescrolling bits which made the game a lot easier.

Both are incredibly good indie games. I can't recommend them both enough.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
38 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I'm interested in this game, and would love to plat it.

Since I don't own a PSVita, is it doable to plat on PS4?

I've heard horror stories that some levels are frustrating with a DualShock4

Ive not played it on the duelshock, just the vita. Alot of the later levels are very difficult. Dont listen to the troll early on in the forum that says its a 2 diff. Id say 8 or 9. Level 47 is very long and one mistake makes you need to start over. I tried level 50 to try and at least finish all critical urgancy levels but that level is so hard as well.

Trying to control the 2 ships at different levels is a real pain.

Brilliant game tho

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

I'm interested in this game, and would love to plat it.

Since I don't own a PSVita, is it doable to plat on PS4?

I've heard horror stories that some levels are frustrating with a DualShock4

The trophies are absolutely doable with a Dualshock. I didn't really use the touchpad on vita myself (only level 48-50 - you'll see why).

I for myself am going for the dlc on PS4 right now and I didn't encounter any problems yet, except for the brutal difficulty increase. 

12 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Ive not played it on the duelshock, just the vita. Alot of the later levels are very difficult. Dont listen to the troll early on in the forum that says its a 2 diff. Id say 8 or 9. Level 47 is very long and one mistake makes you need to start over. I tried level 50 to try and at least finish all critical urgancy levels but that level is so hard as well.

Trying to control the 2 ships at different levels is a real pain.

Brilliant game tho

Controlling two ships sounds very hard to me since Watch Dogs' infamous :bronze:Social Lubricant almost drove me crazy back in the day. :facepalm:

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Success or Failure depends on you.

I hate the term "git gud" but that is the only way to plat this game. It is one of the most fun games i have played and it is all about learning the game and mastering the controls.

If I enjoy a game, I usually go for the plat no matter how difficult it is. Nonetheless, I always do some research first in order to find out whether I will be able to do it or not. :)

11 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I got the platinum with the dualshock, no problem. Its a game about muscle memory and determination.

Cool. I'm not planning to 100% the game. just the plat, because the game looks fun to me. :hmm:

11 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

The trophies are absolutely doable with a Dualshock. I didn't really use the touchpad on vita myself (only level 48-50 - you'll see why).

I for myself am going for the dlc on PS4 right now and I didn't encounter any problems yet, except for the brutal difficulty increase. 

Okay. Thanks, and good luck! :popcorn:

• 5 months later...

Not easy at all, but certainly one of the most satisfying plats when you do get it! 

Unlike the guide suggests, I didn't find the critical Urgency levels to be the hard ones, instead it was the long 7 minute search and rescue ones (Level 43 I believe going off memory).

But my main bit of advice is honestly to take a big break if you are struggling loads with a level. I got the trophy for perfecting all critical urgency levels in Nov '19, tried some of the search and rescue ones and found it impossible, because you are trying to go so quickly where you don't need to. Had a big break, watched a few videos of people running through the levels I needed, and got the Futurlab certified and platinum trophy in April '20 :)