Would you like a Playstation-All-Stars Battle Royale 2?

Conker

PSABR 2  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2?

• Yes
    • NO

I Myself would like to see it happen but i would want a few things improved, and this is coming from someone who had no interest in the 1st one

1 I would like a decently long Arcade mode not just one that can be done in 15-30mins

2 have more good Characters like these ones

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro

Lara Croft

Gex

Croc

3 I would love Naughty Dog to make the game

4  I would like the game to be very similar to Smash Bros

5 and for trophy people more creativity in the trophies not a list like the 1st game that is gonna bore you

if this game does happen i would like it to be on PS3 and PS4

I hope they make another. This game is great to play with friends. Me and my brother love it. But I would like to see other characters from new games that came out after PSASBR like infamous second son, (insert game here), etc....

But also to bring back good old characters like Spyro and Crash. I was hoping for them to appear here, but oh well, just have to wait if they came now.

• Like 1

Not now. To early, and Smash is releasing.

But yeah I agree that they should make a second one.

I would mostly want a company with better servers.

An Arcade mode, I would just want an big epic story mode "Subspace Emissary"

And for characters, Seeing as Spyro is in Skylanders I dont belive Spyro stand a chance, sadly.

Lara Croft seems kind of.. Unlikely now with Microsoft have the timed Exclusive.

I could see Crash, even though he is owned by Activision, Sony keep teasing him so why not.

They also already have completed characters, in dlc, that they didnt release unfortunally...

Dart Feld from Legend of Dragoon and Abe from Oddworld.

Now with the Ps4 new exclusives like Knack, Delsin Rowe, Lucas, and Sir Galahag. And maaany more. Why not?

And yes some "older characters" would be nice Cloud Strife, Sora, Croc.

So absolutely a new All Stars. But not yet.

If they improve the combat, make Arcade mode not boring and add characters that people actually want instead of trying to use the game to sell other games, sure. I just hope Nintendo goes bankrupt, forcing them to port Smash Bros. to other consoles, though we all now that won't happen.

This game is fun at first but after awhile it just becomes dull and boring. If they're gonna make a sequel:

1. Fix the loading times (They are absolutely horrible)

2. More characters (Crash, Spyro etc.)

3. Gameplay was pretty boring because everybody played as Raiden and spammed his Square Combo to get super meter faster.

4. Better soundtrack. To be honest i don't remember any of the songs from the game because they are so forgettable.

That's all of the problems i can think of. There are probably more but we know if they make a sequel they ain't gonna fix shit lol

Edited by Shin Boukyaku

I would eventually like to see a sequel but not quite yet.  The things that would need improved upon would be a more diverse character range from Playstation's past (Still can't believe Spyro and Crash were not involved) and proper Story / Arcade mode wouldn't go amiss and finally better balancing between the characters.

Yes. but under 3 conditions....

1. Rip off Smash Bros.

It's not a very hard thing to do, but give us a percentage counter instead of a kill gauge. Using smash bros. system of having percentages that build up and make you more vulnerable to fly off the screen is the only way to do it. Yeah, it seems like Sony would be copying straight from smash and would get a lot of hate for it, but who cares? Smash bros. is great, their system works and PSASBR's system flopped like no other. Just give Nintendo credit here and use their system as a skeleton to build PSASBR 2. There was too much imbalance with the kill gauge method not to mention that some insta-kills didn't work worth a crap. I think the only way to fix their "build for a kill" method is to kill the method and start over. simple enough.

2. Better Characters

When you think of Playstation's "All Stars" who do you think of? Let's start with the Playstation 1. When I think of the PS1's all stars I think of Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Spike, Parappa the Rappa, Cloud, Sephiroth and Snake (I'm sure I'm misssing a few but that's not the point). Out of the group of 8 who I would deem "All-Stars", Sony included only 2 of them in the game. I understand they tried to get most of these characters and they were too expensive. But if that's the case, don't give this project to a new game company or at least cater to all their financial needs to get the characters the fans want. I would say out of all the generations, they missed the most out of the PS1 era.

Let's move on to the PS2. My All-stars for the PS2 (which was such a great system that there are so many of them) are Sly Cooper, Kratos, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Yu Narukami, Jaster Rogue, The Wanderer, etc. Now look at this list. The Wanderer was immediately ruled out due to Team ICO's wishes that their games are "an artwork". Fine, Fine, but look at the other 6. 4 of them were actually in the game, and the other 2? Sony owns the rights to Jaster Rogue and with Atlus/SEGA with the rights to Yu... Well hell, Nintendo got the rights to Sonic the Hedgehog. How freaking difficult would it be to get the less-popular Yu Narukami? There were very many feasible characters that Sony left out from not just the PS2 that wouldn't have costed them an arm and a leg and that people would've been excited for. 

Now let's move on to the PS3. My All Stars would've included Nariko, Nathan Drake, Cole McGrath, Sackboy, Joel (which at the time, TLOU wasn't out yet), Nathan Hale, Ethan Mars, etc. OK, their PS3 exclusive line-up characters aren't as great as the others, so let's add some 3rd party support. 3rd party support isn't a bad thing. In fact, I found that Dante was a great 3rd party character, but the others...not so much. In my opinion, Heihachi and Big Daddy had no business being in this game. If you are going to limit us to 20 characters, I wouldn't even consider Heihachi or Big Daddy in playstation's top 20 "All-Stars". In fact, Bioshock was once a Xbox exclusive and now, we are claiming him to be a Playstation All-Star? What a joke! For Heihachi, he's just not that interesting as the others. All he has is his martial arts to fight with. If you were going to pick a Tekken character pick Jin at least. He has devil powers. That's a lot more interesting than some old fart's martial arts. But let's take an objective look at the 3rd party characters as a whole for a moment. They were all added due to marketing purposes for their own games! A New DMC was coming out. Bioshock Infinite was soon to come out. Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 was released that same year. Hello Sony, do you think we are stupid? Don't add characters just because they were cheap for marketing purposes. Get us the 3rd party characters we want.... if any... Don't start throwing PS3 3rd party characters who don't belong, bring us the ones we asked for! This game was made for the fans after all.

3. Better Arcade Mode

Playing the arcade mode seemed more of a chore than anything. They half-ass cut scenes by just making a little slide show of the characters and the stories behind each character were just plain stupid. I liked the idea of rivals, but do MORE with it. Make a unique story of your own and have choices and plot twists. Don't make some linear garbage that feels like some cut-in-paste method that was used for each character. Hell, I wouldn't of minded having one giant story mode that incorporated all the characters together. I think the arcade mode was just lazily put together so that the game could come out sooner. If that's the case, shame on you! Sony's fans deserve better than just a heap of steaming crap that you called arcade.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Definitely not; I think they tried too hard to be a clone of Super Smash Bros. but didn't do it well at all.

Unlike in Super Smash Bros. where characters feel like they can belong together and exist together, in All-Stars characters like Nathan Drake and Jak just don't feel right together; they're far too different. Having characters from realistic sort of games, like Radec and Nathan Drake, to cartoony ones like Ratchet and Spike, it isn't compatible.

The gameplay is also very clunky in terms of movement and trying to execute combos, and the super moves idea is such crap because you're only focusing on doing them.

All stars is by far my favorite game for PS3 I played it like crazy master every character and got them to super high levels. I might be one of the only people to say this but I like All Stars>Smash. 

This game is fun at first but after awhile it just becomes dull and boring. If they're gonna make a sequel:

1. Fix the loading times (They are absolutely horrible)

2. More characters (Crash, Spyro etc.)

3. Gameplay was pretty boring because everybody played as Raiden and spammed his Square Combo to get super meter faster.

4. Better soundtrack. To be honest i don't remember any of the songs from the game because they are so forgettable.

That's all of the problems i can think of. There are probably more but we know if they make a sequel they ain't gonna fix shit lol

Loading times only take long for the first match when you start the game besides that they are quick. I  agree with Raiden being super cheap the game is very unbalanced my best character is sackboy making it to brown belt with him, But every high ranked player all used the broken characters. (Dante, Kratos, Issac, Raiden, Zeus, etc). Just a little tip a counter to Raiden and Kratos spammers is to just select someone with easy combos, and good parry's (Dante would be perfect to counter them).

All stars is by far my favorite game for PS3 I played it like crazy master every character and got them to super high levels. I might be one of the only people to say this but I like All Stars>Smash. 

Loading times only take long for the first match when you start the game besides that they are quick. I  agree with Raiden being super cheap the game is very unbalanced my best character is sackboy making it to brown belt with him, But every high ranked player all used the broken characters. (Dante, Kratos, Issac, Raiden, Zeus, etc). Just a little tip a counter to Raiden and Kratos spammers is to just select someone with easy combos, and good parry's (Dante would be perfect to counter them).

May i ask how Dante is broken? Since he was my main in that game.

May i ask how Dante is broken? Since he was my main in that game.

Dante has an infinite that can always reach max AP. Most of his max AP combos are very easy to set up and very easy to learn he generally gets level 3 quick and has an amazing level 3. The game is unbalanced so most characters have some kind of set up or special that makes them very good.