The most under-whelming trophy that you needed for the plat?

Grample_Gust

I don't have the platinum for GTA IV yet, but I will have it in a few days, since I recently got the trophy "Wanted", in where you're required to reach rank 10, and oh my goooooooooood! Damn trophy took me over 24 hours to get! From rank 4, it took me 9 hours to reach rank 9! And from rank 9 to rank 10, it took me and my boosting partners over 11 hours to reach rank 10! I once spent playing 12 hours straight, and my god, I thought I was gonna fully insane. We were replaying the shit out of a co-op mission, and it was the N.O.O.S.E. mission, I forgot what it's fully called. And god, I grew to fucking despise the mission. To complete the mission, you need to get a vehicle that can transport a NPC to the pinpointed location, and my god, that fucker, (his name's Kenny Petrovic) he would usually get stuck inside the plane, or moonwalk into the sides of the plane when he did come out, or he would even run straight at the cops that are trying to take us down! And if you were alone trying to protect Kenny, and you got killed while close to the plane, Kenny would be killed. And if he took too long to get into the helicopter I was flying in, in where I pick up my co-op partners, as well as Petrovic himself, then my helicopter would blow up, since there's too many cops shooting at me and the helicopter! But I survived through such walk of hell! And since I finally got the trophy, now I will definitely get the platinum trophy! I dunno, it's kinda difficult for me to go into details about that experience, but I think it's one of the worst trophies I've ever wasted my time on! The grinding was so boring, and looooooooooong!

You should have tried the Bomb da Base sniper respawn method. I went from Rank 8 to Rank 10 in just four game sessions. I got my trophy and kept my sanity.

Sanity..is very..important o.O

• Like 1

Darksiders:  The trophy where you have to get 160(I think) kills while on the flying beast.  Was playing the game on hard and kept missing trophy by 4 or 5 every  time.  Finally replayed the game on easy and got it first try.  Just sucked cause I probably spent 2 hours trying to get it on hard, and then 4 hours to get back to the spot on easy.

Puppeteer:  "The Wooden Shoe Drops" trophy.  Such a hassle having to replay all the levels to find all of the Winkin, Blinkin and Nod scenes.  With no way of tracking which or how many you had already activated.

Diablo III:  "All that glitters" trophy.  Collect 5,000,000 coins.  So tedious.  After 5 play throughs I wasn't even at 3 mil yet.

Hotline Miami:  The one where you have to get all the different kind of ground kills.  Such a pain and again, no way to track which ones you had already done.

Dead Island:  "There and back again" trophy.  Explore the whole island.  Another trophy that you can't track progress on.  There was one spot in the city that you had to physically touch a building and your map made it look like you had already explored.  So ridiculous.

I don't have the platinum for GTA IV yet, but I will have it in a few days, since I recently got the trophy "Wanted", in where you're required to reach rank 10, and oh my goooooooooood! Damn trophy took me over 24 hours to get! From rank 4, it took me 9 hours to reach rank 9! And from rank 9 to rank 10, it took me and my boosting partners over 11 hours to reach rank 10! I once spent playing 12 hours straight, and my god, I thought I was gonna fully insane. We were replaying the shit out of a co-op mission, and it was the N.O.O.S.E. mission, I forgot what it's fully called. And god, I grew to fucking despise the mission. To complete the mission, you need to get a vehicle that can transport a NPC to the pinpointed location, and my god, that fucker, (his name's Kenny Petrovic) he would usually get stuck inside the plane, or moonwalk into the sides of the plane when he did come out, or he would even run straight at the cops that are trying to take us down! And if you were alone trying to protect Kenny, and you got killed while close to the plane, Kenny would be killed. And if he took too long to get into the helicopter I was flying in, in where I pick up my co-op partners, as well as Petrovic himself, then my helicopter would blow up, since there's too many cops shooting at me and the helicopter! But I survived through such walk of hell! And since I finally got the trophy, now I will definitely get the platinum trophy! I dunno, it's kinda difficult for me to go into details about that experience, but I think it's one of the worst trophies I've ever wasted my time on! The grinding was so boring, and looooooooooong!

OMG totally understand the feeling bro, i began to boost MP trophies of GTA IV like two weeks before May 31 that was the time when everybody were saying that the servers will shutdown, pretty much the longest two weeks of my life !!!

Fortunately i have the luck to find good guys to help me out, but the most pain in the ass trophies were AWP and Wanted -.-

I never spent so many time grinding just for one game, first sensation of hapiness was when i received the AWP trophy because for many people was glitched i was like "fuck yeah the hardest part it´s done" and then start to boost wanted when i was level 1  in MP and it left one week we tought for closing the servers, i thought it was going to be easy and then i realized i´m never been so wrong in my life xD Almost everyday i spent boosting the "Hapiness Island Glitch" over and over in a hour you gain like 120k of money it´s not so bad but u need an amount incredible ridiculous that is 5 MILLION I MEAN WTF ??? Many people reached level 8 pretty fast like me because it´s just 1 million to level 8 but to reach 10 it´s 5 MILLION still make no sense to me, but anyways in the last day it was after midnight and i was waiting for the servers update the results of the matches because it takes a while for update the results and level that u are in the servers with all that i was getting really nervous and then  "che ching" "You earn a trophy" and then i was like "YES IT´S OVER I CAN REST OF MP FOR A WHILE " In the end I was really happy but it was 2 very long weeks !!! 

• Like 1

Another "episode" i remember when i was to try to earn a trophy for the Platinum was "Tactical Challenger" in VANQUISH that is to complete all tactical challenges, it sounds easy but trust me it´s not !!! I´m impressed that so many people have the plat in this game but definitely it´s my proudest Plat so far, i´ve saw some profiles and many people stop play the game because the trophy it is completely insane !!!

Well going back to the history in one week i was completed all other trophies of the game nothing to difficult only left that damn freaking trophy !!! then i start to play the tactical challenges wondering "it can´t be to hard it´s just 6 challenges" and again so but so WRONG !!! After i beat the 5 first challenges that it was a bit difficult the last one i spent like one week and a half trying and trying to beat the challenge but it seems impossible, after many fury attacks and cursing the game like 10987208713 million times i get the last round and i was instatly killed by the Bogeys (Bosses of the game) First reaction "F*** u stupid game F****** Bogeys etc etc" and i was so pissed off that i start to beat the door in my room and broke it i mean it fell of o: 1 min later i was like "oh crap I just smash the door of my room !!!" Luckely for me it was my grandpa house and my dad was cool enough to not care much because he hit that door as much as I do when was younger when he loss the games in the 98 FIFA World Cup for PS1 so he forgived me xD

In the end after a broke door I finally got the Platinum and I was really tempting to burn the game up but it was borrowed from a friend then i just decided not playing anymore but it was a complicated week for me, luckely i´m not a angry person because if was probably have destroyed my PS3 in that time xD
Sorry for the long text :blah:  :blah:  :blah:  just sharing funny episodes of my time playing :)

STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope

39Sd6717b.png Ultimate Battler

Obtain 100% of all battle trophies.

900 BATTLE TROPHIES!!!!. I still remember the last 4 battle trophies: Defeat 15 000, 30 000 enemies with Edge, and defeat 15 000, 30 000 enemies with Arumat.

Yup those were my last battle trophies too. Even worse when I checked to see how many enemies I had defeated before starting the grind I barely had defeated over 30,000 enemies between all characters and this was after doing every other trophy in the game dood. Wish kills would have carried over between playthroughs. 

• Like 1

I had a similar situation as you, I needed Spin-off and What Did You Call Me to get the platinum. I also see that Second Son is your latest platinum, as is mine. That's quite a coincidence.

Yes, I had other situations like that but this one was still fresh on my mind.

Also because I wanted my first PS4 plat to be a milestone so I went for "Second Son" because I liked the other Infamous games too.

The street Fighter 4: 

Challenge Expert
Clear all Challenges in Challenge Mode.

This one is just a BRONZE!!!

Metal Gear Solid 4:

18S5ac1d1.png Sounds of the Battlefield
Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).

And Shadow Of Colossus:

24S40359c.png Meticulous Collector
Acquire all items available in hard time attack

Those were a pain in the ass, really time consuming, and SF4 and SOC were just pretty much stressfull

I feel like half the peoe responding have no idea what this thread is all about.

OT:

runner up: Sly 4 - kill one enemy with an unlocked secret weapon.

1st place: Velocity Ultra - River. Don't get me wrong this trophy takes some skill, but you get it automatically when getting a perfect in every level. The reason it's underwhelming is I set up the game where I could Octo-pop the plat upon perfect completion of the last level. I did the first 49 perfect, got all secret and bonus mission badges, and backed out of stage 50 without completing. Unlocked all secrets, beat all mini games. So basically when I finished level 50 perfect on my first completion (resetting the level any time I got to the end and didn't have all the requirements met). I would've unlocked:

Complete zone 50

Perfect zone 50

Perfect all critical urgency zones

Perfect all zones

Get above average xp on all levels

Rescue all survivors(River)

Collect all in game rewards

THE PLAT

Finished zone 50 perfect after a half hour of work, trophies started popping...

And River glitched :/ Had to replay one stage and collect one survivor to unlock the last trophy and the plat. So deflating.

Edited by Hemiak

I feel like half the peoe responding have no idea what this thread is all about.

OT:

runner up: Sly 4 - kill one enemy with an unlocked secret weapon.

1st place: Velocity Ultra - River. Don't get me wrong this trophy takes some skill, but you get it automatically when getting a perfect in every level. The reason it's underwhelming is I set up the game where I could Octo-pop the plat upon perfect completion of the last level. I did the first 49 perfect, got all secret and bonus mission badges, and backed out of stage 50 without completing. Unlocked all secrets, beat all mini games. So basically when I finished level 50 perfect on my first completion (resetting the level any time I got to the end and didn't have all the requirements met). I would've unlocked:

Complete zone 50

Perfect zone 50

Perfect all critical urgency zones

Perfect all zones

Get above average xp on all levels

Rescue all survivors(River)

Collect all in game rewards

THE PLAT

Finished zone 50 perfect after a half hour of work, trophies started popping...

And River glitched :/ Had to replay one stage and collect one survivor to unlock the last trophy and the plat. So deflating.

You're reply has been the best so far, i feel for you dude.

Ratchet & Clank games usually have you visiting the Insomniac Museum after you do everything which in my case is me entering the area, waiting for the two trophies to pop and then shutting off the game.

Sounds interesting, personally, i was extremely excited to get this trophy in both games. I dont know why you wouldn't want to walk around and explore the different completion bonuses that you got for spending 20+ hours just to finish the game 100%. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

I've had two instances of dull and rather excruciating final trophies. I can't really put one above the other, so I'll post both.

46Se25f4c.png

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Bounty: Arcana

The Bounty trophies were the last few trophies I needed. I had heard horror stories on how long these have taken some people, and for some reason I thought fortune would smile upon me and grant me the required bounties in a reasonable amount of time. As luck would have it, I did get the rest of the bounties without trouble, the second longest taking a little over half an hour. I thought I was on a roll and tackled this last set for my Platinum. I must have angered some divine entity because I ended up having to spend about two hours on this set. The damn Arcana Cards just wouldn't drop no matter how many enemies I killed. Before this game, I used to think the Vita was a pretty comfy feeling device, but I swear, this trophy gave me Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The round edges of my Vita felt like knives digging into my palms. My fingers would refuse to uncurl. How appropriate it was when I got my final card, El Diablo. After that, I promptly deleted Uncharted: Golden Abyss and never looked back. The grind was boring and was literally painful.

43Sb9b767.png

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Lastation Training

My relationship with the Hyperdimension Neptunia series is conflicted. I'd be hard-pressed to say I actually like the games and I sure as Hell wouldn't call myself a fan. Even so, I own every localized game in the series, even going so far as to drive several miles for Victory and trading in my copy of Pokemon Pearl, and almost Fire Emblem: Awakening, at GameStop so I could afford Re;Birth. I guess I can call it a guilty pleasure. Anyways, I planned from the beginning that I would get the Conquest ending on my first playthrough of this game and use a New Game+ to get the rest of the endings. All was going according to plan as I neared the end of my second playthrough. I decided to save Lastation for the last of the nation specific endings because, screw it, PlayStation. Might as well finish with my favorite gaming company, right?

Before continuing, let me explain how to get these endings. Within the game is a quite useless feature called Shares. Every nation has a stake in a global pool of Shares. There are four capital cities and multiple minor cities that you require you to rearrange the Shares to effect the global Shares. You can adjust Shares by doing quests, usually having to repeat the same quest several times. For a nation specific ending, you have to raise its Shares in its capital city to 70%, or around that.

Back to the main topic, I had just finished getting the Lowee ending when I was pumped and primed to get the Lastation ending. I went to the capital, looked at the Share distribution, and immediately went to work. After transferring Leanbox and Lowee Shares into Lastation, I was left with 60% Lastation and 40% Planeptune. I can't remember why Planeptune had such a large amount, I think it was the consequence of my compulsion to complete every quest. I was prepared to do a simple transfer to get what I needed until I realized in the list of available quests, there was no way to transfer Shares from Planeptune to Lastation. In fact, there was no way to remove Shares from Planeptune at all. I was convinced I had overlooked something and searched online for a way to fix my dilemma. Turns out, I was indeed as those of refined speech would call it "screwed, damned, or downright f*cked." It was completely impossible to obtain the necessary Shares I needed for the Lastation ending, and because I'm not paranoid enough to make multiple saves in my RPGs, I had no way of returning to a point where I could have easily fixed this. So, if I wanted my Platinum, I had to play a third playthrough.

Now let me tell you, this game is by no means good. Mediocre, maybe, but it's not exactly a game you replay for its riveting gameplay and thrilling story. I had already sat through the whole damn thing twice and I was absolutely anguished to find out I had to go through it all a third time. I went ahead and got the True ending but was practically moping the whole way through. I spent the next day marathoning the game to get the last ending. I blew through every dungeon with my Level 99 party, trudging through the multitude of copy-paste environments to fight the same uninspired enemies, and fast forwarded every cutscene, making all the character models bounce around like epileptics at a rave. My only mercy was that the game is extremely short without cutscenes. The cutscene/gameplay ratio is ridiculous. Not quite Metal Gear Solid IV bad, but up there. After I finished the game, I ejected the disc, put it in its case, laid down own my bed, and thought hard about what I was doing with my life. I guess I didn't think hard enough, because I still bought the rest of the games, but whatever.

I suppose I made it out to seem that Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 was more tedious than Uncharted: Golden Abyss, but at least it didn't cause me physical pain like Uncharted. That said, both of those experiences were god-awful and I never want to do something like that, ever again.

• Like 3

18S063529.png Challenge Accepted-- Borderlands 2

All of the challenges were pretty easy and then I had one left. The horrible and seemingly endless grinding of crates and boxes just to get Jimmy Jenkins to jump out of one of them. Hours and hours of the wrong loot midgets getting my hopes up one of the many reasons I hate luck based trophies.

JEEEEENKINSSSSSS!!! :shakefist:

• Like 2

18S063529.png Challenge Accepted-- Borderlands 2

All of the challenges were pretty easy and then I had one left. The horrible and seemingly endless grinding of crates and boxes just to get Jimmy Jenkins to jump out of one of them. Hours and hours of the wrong loot midgets getting my hopes up one of the many reasons I hate luck based trophies.

JEEEEENKINSSSSSS!!! :shakefist:

Jenkins. Jimmy Motherfucking Jenkins. I feel for you. It took me soo long to find him and when i did, my girlfriend just joined and asked if she could kill him. Easily the hardest decision i had to make.

As for me, an underwhelming trophy had to be "200 Kills: GAU-19" from Uncharted 2. I finally beat the game on Hard mode AND Crushing mode only to have to farm kills with a weapon which is rarely found and used. Yay?

Edited by Sir_Palkia

Jenkins. Jimmy Motherfucking Jenkins. I feel for you. It took me soo long to find him and when i did, my girlfriend just joined and asked if she could kill him. Easily the hardest decision i had to make.

As for me, an underwhelming trophy had to be "200 Kills: GAU-19" from Uncharted 2. I finally beat the game on Hard mode AND Crushing mode only to have to farm kills with a weapon which is rarely found and used. Yay?

You shouldve looked up a guide for that one, there is a spot with infinitely respawning enemies, and turning on the cheats still counts towards the trophy. took me 5 minutes.