What annoys you most in gaming?

ANTIOX_

Lately the copious amounts of collectibles that ether offer no new story content, or no new gameplay content.  Finding stuff for the sake of finding it doesn't appeal to me.  I like rewards that provide either more story, or a reward that changes up gameplay.

• Like 1

Online trophies are my worst pet peeve. I don't like playing online, especially when I buy single player games. I can live with it if online trophies are optional (as in not required for the Platinum). Completion percentage are of no concern for me. And on top of that, PSPlus is required to get those trophies on PS4. That was a nice slap in the face as a reward for upgrading from PS3 to the next gen console.

I also dislike DLCs. I often buy games day 1, for I want to have a game right now instead of tomorrow as well as to support developers. I don't dig it if I find out they cut content out of the game and want me to pay a second time.

• Like 1

Hmm I'll list a few..

I hate server closers not only because you can't earn trophies but also because you can't go back and enjoy those games with friends. 

Glitched trophies lol

Super long time consuming collectibles or something similar. 

Games with bad bad racing mini games like sly for example (love sly cooper but hate that mission) 

Oh and games with a multiplayer only, they seem to never last long lmao with few exceptions 

Long loading screens, especially during fast travel.

That was one of the elements of Final Fantasy XV that absolutely drove me up the wall. 

It probably wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't such a completionist and wanted to finish every side quest, but had to travel from one side of the map to the other.

That being said, long loading screens are still irritating.

On 2/19/2012 at 4:00 PM, Parker said:

Trophies are my biggest annoyance. Not because I don't enjoy collecting them or enjoy watching my PSN level increase, but because I know many people who flat out refuse to play fantastic games because the trophy list is hard, or because the game doesn't have a platinum or whatever the case may be. For someone to completely write off a game based on the trophy list is absolutely crazy to me. Even if I a game has a ridiculous trohy list where you don't get a single trophy for story based progress or completing the game, I'd have no problem playing it if it was my cup of tea. Hell, White Knight Chronicles is pretty much like that and I loved that game.

Parker

Like the Last of Us!! I found the trophy list ridiculously hard and annoying but I definitely needed to play it and finish it. Such a great story. 

Mine would have to be:

-loading screens

-sometimes long *** cutscenes (depending on my interest for the game)

-unfair teams

-annoying kids (talking about ones that can never stop screaming at least)

-lags *cough cough eso cough*

i think that's it really. Oh, getting myself into a real slow paced game when I'm only playing it for trophy level such as Ether One, Dear Ester, Everyone Gone To The Rapture and etc. 

Mainly just online multiplayer.. Not cause of the trophies [I mostly ignore them if they are hard to get] It's just the people you play with. I can be having fun then all of a sudden i get screamed at and get death threats by childish adults/kids just because i'm not playing the way they want me to or i'm using moves they don't like. Good thing the mute button and me are best friends and hateful messages get deleted and never replied to.

Edited by XxEmoMikeyxX
More info

• 5 years later...