What annoys you most in gaming?

ANTIOX_

Poorly designed boss battles or combat in general, especially when there's luck involved rather than player skill. You can't do anything if you have bad luck but your own skill you can definitely do something about. I just hate the feeling of not being able to do anything b/c of luck-based situations.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

lol for me ima say

• hackers/modders
  • people who bitch and moan when you beat them on a multiplayer game and cant take the loss
  • trickshotters
  • trophies that are glitched
  • people who message me after getting beaten on online gaming

lol mostly salty people from online gaming haha

• cheap people or AI in fighting games
  • overpriced dlc
  • supply drops or any other form of stupid gambling in games that soooo many people fall into for whatever reason
  • oh and games that are clearly overhyped and everyone buys into like destiny for example

anyways thats most of what makes me salty

I have a long list of them...

• Online trophies. All of them. I have enough to always thinking about them every time I play video games!
  • Paid DLCs and Season Passes. I want my game full and complete
  • Free-to-Play, especially those games that have a terrible economy system and force players to pay microtransactions. Also mobile games. #fuckmobilegames
  • Glitched trophies
  • Annual sequels (Hello CoD!)
  • Grinding trophies, those single ones that you are one step from 100% or Platinum!
  • Trophies that are cruelty impossible, (such as Badland) what were developers thinking?!
  • Loot boxes, supply drops and kind of gambling that make people buying these, they're a disgrace! They support these sick commercial practices!
  • Players who still play a long dead multiplayer after all these years and when you need to get the trophies, you have a bad time!
  • Players who cannot follow the objective or play as a team.
  • Players who cannot shut their mouth and come harassing other players of being bad, cheating, etc. How about having your mic off and putting your keyboard away?
  • Players who send you a message to insult you because you defeat them and you're better than them. How about Git Gud?
  • Hackers.
  • Every. Damn. Hype! Stop hyping and have low expectations!
Edited by Maxie the Mouse
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

I have a long list of them...

• Online trophies. All of them. I have enough to always thinking about them every time I play video games!
  • Paid DLCs and Season Passes. I want my game full and complete
  • Free-to-Play, especially those games that have a terrible economy system and force players to pay microtransactions. Also mobile games. #fuckmobilegames
  • Glitched trophies
  • Annual sequels (Hello CoD!)
  • Grinding trophies, those single ones that you are one step from 100% or Platinum!
  • Trophies that are cruelty impossible, (such as Badland) what were developers thinking?!
  • Loot boxes, supply drops and kind of gambling that make people buying these, they're a disgrace! They support these sick commercial practices!
  • Players who still play a long dead multiplayer after all these years and when you need to get the trophies, you have a bad time!
  • Players who cannot follow the objective or play as a team.
  • Players who cannot shut their mouth and come harassing other players of being bad, cheating, etc. How about having your mic off and putting your keyboard away?
  • Players who send you a message to insult you because you defeat them and you're better than them. How about Git Gud?
  • Hackers.
  • Every. Damn. Hype! Stop hyping and have low expectations!

ahh yes i forgot to list online trophies

The remarkably absurd amount of downloadable content that games throw out, especially ones that are announced before the game even gets released (I'm looking at you, Mortal Kombat).

I have no qualms against supporting a game some time after purchase and obviously expanding on content. But nowadays companies purposefully release incomplete games just so they can throw in content and make extra bucks. Gone are the days where we had full games upon purchase where if you wanted more characters/maps/weapons, you unlock them instead of buying them.

Edited by RabbiAndy

• Time (School, work, holiday, etc tick tock, tick tock)
  • Unobtainable Platinums
  • Selfish Boosting Partners
On 12/19/2016 at 0:37 PM, Maxie the Mouse said:

Grinding trophies, those single ones that you are one step from 100% or Platinum!

The horrible critics in the industry, if it was any other media, they'd be laughed out of existence.

The current trend of walking simulators.

Twitch community.

The incessant re-masters, and pointless dlc that should be packaged within the game.

The western market in general, not the devs, the gamers.

The politics in games nowadays, there shouldn't even be politics, there shouldn't be pc vs. console wars, just have fun with the damn games.

1. When kids between the ages of 6-12 play T-M rated games. The crying and screaming and let's not leave out the cursing. If I had a son that age cursing like that I would smack him silly! Parents, read the ratings! All I can say is thank God for the mute button.

2. (This is mainly from a female's perspective.) When you are in a multiplayer lobby and immediately get told  to go back to kitchen or be asked to f*ck or some weird sh*t like that. Did I mention I love the mute button?

3. Being babied just because you're a girl. (Please stop, I don't need help, just want to have fun. xD)

4.Any kind of lag is never fun, especially playing MMOs. Ouch.

5.Getting kicked from a  game because I'm winning. lol Is it because I'm a girl?

6.Overly-hyped games that have people brainwashed. Nothing else to say about that. (CoD, Destiny, GTA...you know which ones I'm referring to.)

7. People who call themselves gamers but never play anything besides CoD or Destiny or any mainstream game. (Sorry, you're not a gamer.)

• Like 2

people complaining about what others find enjoyment from.  Remasters are fine people like them, COD is fine people like them, Getting hyped for games is fine it doesn't hurt you, no, they are not brainwashed,  Trying to label what it means to be a "gamer'.  "walking simulators are fine if people like them, they don't hurt you, DLC is fine it doesn't hurt you (OMG a business is trying to make money off of their product, it's absurd I know).  People thinking games like COD or The Division isn't a "real" game because they don't play them, gimme a break. People who complain about "the Western market" um, okay, generalize much?  Did I mention people who complain about paid dlc?  "I want my game full and complete".  Guess what, it is.  DLC is the stuff they add, what, you think you should have it for free?  Gimme a break.  People telling me what I should be excited (hype) for or not.  Hey, news flash, it's my money, it's my time.  I'll get excited/hyped for whatever I want.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2016 at 7:32 PM, angelgrievous said:

people complaining about what others find enjoyment from.  Remasters are fine people like them, COD is fine people like them, Getting hyped for games is fine it doesn't hurt you, no, they are not brainwashed,  Trying to label what it means to be a "gamer'.  "walking simulators are fine if people like them, they don't hurt you, DLC is fine it doesn't hurt you (OMG a business is trying to make money off of their product, it's absurd I know).  People thinking games like COD or The Division isn't a "real" game because they don't play them, gimme a break. People who complain about "the Western market" um, okay, generalize much?  Did I mention people who complain about paid dlc?  "I want my game full and complete".  Guess what, it is.  DLC is the stuff they add, what, you think you should have it for free?  Gimme a break.  People telling me what I should be excited (hype) for or not.  Hey, news flash, it's my money, it's my time.  I'll get excited/hyped for whatever I want.

I'm not sure if you really understood my sentiment. I'm not against the idea of DLC. I'm against creators purposefully including less characters and maps just so they can add them in later on for more money. Yes, businesses need ways to earn cash, but they already earn plenty anyways. And the fact that they release "complete" editions months later with all of the content but at the same price as the vanilla version concludes my point. The fact that you're completely content with paying way more money than you should be paying makes you a sucker to the system. I don't have a problem with that myself, you can do whatever you want, but I hope you at least see where I'm coming from.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 8:08 PM, coldkillaaaaaaaa said:

The horrible critics in the industry, if it was any other media, they'd be laughed out of existence.

The current trend of walking simulators.

Twitch community.

The incessant re-masters, and pointless dlc that should be packaged within the game.

The western market in general, not the devs, the gamers.

The politics in games nowadays, there shouldn't even be politics, there shouldn't be pc vs. console wars, just have fun with the damn games.

Game journalism is a joke but critics tend to be fine, at least when it comes to reviews. I'd trust a Metacritic aggregate over fans almost any day of the week.

Walking simulators aren't taking over the market they're a niche. Why hate them so much?

I don't think anyone outside of 12 y/o kids stalking YouTube comments actually care about console wars or PC vs Console. Its mostly just for shits and giggles when someone actually brings it up.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:38 PM, kittygirl2010 said:

1. When kids between the ages of 6-12 play T-M rated games. The crying and screaming and let's not leave out the cursing. If I had a son that age cursing like that I would smack him silly! Parents, read the ratings! All I can say is thank God for the mute button.

2. (This is mainly from a female's perspective.) When you are in a multiplayer lobby and immediately get told  to go back to kitchen or be asked to f*ck or some weird sh*t like that. Did I mention I love the mute button?

3. Being babied just because you're a girl. (Please stop, I don't need help, just want to have fun. xD)

5.Getting kicked from a  game because I'm winning. lol Is it because I'm a girl?

6.Overly-hyped games that have people brainwashed. Nothing else to say about that. (CoD, Destiny, GTA...you know which ones I'm referring to.)

7. People who call themselves gamers but never play anything besides CoD or Destiny or any mainstream game. (Sorry, you're not a gamer.)

I find it ironic that you complain about people belittling you for being a girl but then you process to belittle people for enjoying the games you don't like. Damn good games, too.

• Like 1

Just a general annoyance: I sometimes play as Mercy in Overwatch and I'm so tired of people not protecting me, people who run off to try and "get the upper hand" on the enemy, people who cry when I dont heal because I die, and people who are high up on buildings and expect me to fly up there to heal them when I cant.

What annoys me is that when your playing an online game and your in teams that are meant to support and help one another and they just run around trying to kill the people who are actually on there team.? Another one would be when you join a match/lobby and people are communicating with each other by swearing or shouting, I just think that there isn't any need for it really as its suppose to be a fun and relaxing experience when you play games not the complete opposite.?

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:38 PM, kittygirl2010 said:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there ^_^

Camera angles in games, some of them are just down right annoying! If anyone has played The Last Guardian in here, OMG! the game is just lovely and beautiful but for the love of god those camera angles. WHY!!! WHY!!!

Constant Patches on newly released games! If its not finished don't release it!!

I hate when people just don't work as a team and everyone goes in there lone wolf style and the outcome is a losing!

When people leave the game halfway through the match!

:jaymon:

Edited by MortalRikku

FFXIV:

Players who don't research their rotations and are pretty much getting carried through a dungeon. These players are useless. I have seen people do as low as 300-500DPS.. in a 60 dungeon. Technically should be around 900-1800DPS.

Tanks who don't pull multiple mobs when the DPS are wanting to AOE and the healer is actually doing some damage.

Healers who stand and do nothing when they aren't healing.. that is technically your call to jump in and help on the DPS.

The above 2 type of players complaining that the dungeon is taking too long. No shit sherlock.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DEMON said:

FFXIV:

Players who don't research their rotations and are pretty much getting carried through a dungeon. These players are useless. I have seen people do as low as 300-500DPS.. in a 60 dungeon. Technically should be around 900-1800DPS.

Tanks who don't pull multiple mobs when the DPS are wanting to AOE and the healer is actually doing some damage.

Healers who stand and do nothing when they aren't healing.. that is technically your call to jump in and help on the DPS.

The above 2 type of players complaining that the dungeon is taking too long. No shit sherlock.

I was thinking about picking up FFXIV in the future and asking you for help. Now I'm frightened lol

What annoys me most is probably people who think they're better than they actually are(non joking), it just pisses me off. Be honest, I don't care if we have to help, I'm usually glad to help. 

Edited by Dav9834

The overall dumbing-down of games, mostly RPGs – I believe they call it streamlining these days. Basically it comes down to the fact, that the modern AAA game is made to cater to the widest audience possible, eliminating any potential difficulty spikes, challenging content, complex mechanics and meaningful choice in the process. The modern open-world game is the perfect example. Remember those times when you could get thrown in jail in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall for a couple of years and literally die in there? Times when a giant marker didn't tell you exactly where to go next during a quest, when every quest could potentially have disastrous outcomes that would influence the rest of the game or lock you out of certain content? Games that didn't allow you to experience everything in one playthrough because it simply wouldn't make sense? Games that didn't tell you "WARNING: This is the point of no return. If you proceed you won't be able to finish collecting those 500 nonsensical items for that one trophy." Remember those RPGs where you could talk to almost every NPC and the conversation would be a massive branching multiple-choice deal that actually cared about which lines you pick? I could keep going, but you get the idea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

The overall dumbing-down of games, mostly RPGs – I believe they call it streamlining these days. Basically it comes down to the fact, that the modern AAA game is made to cater to the widest audience possible, eliminating any potential difficulty spikes, challenging content, complex mechanics and meaningful choice in the process. The modern open-world game is the perfect example. Remember those times when you could get thrown in jail in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall for a couple of years and literally die in there? Times when a giant marker didn't tell you exactly where to go next during a quest, when every quest could potentially have disastrous outcomes that would influence the rest of the game or lock you out of certain content? Games that didn't allow you to experience everything in one playthrough because it simply wouldn't make sense? Games that didn't tell you "WARNING: This is the point of no return. If you proceed you won't be able to finish collecting those 500 nonsensical items for that one trophy." Remember those RPGs where you could talk to almost every NPC and the conversation would be a massive branching multiple-choice deal that actually cared about which lines you pick? I could keep going, but you get the idea.

I can think of plenty of what you just described(though a few are from the 2000s). 

But if you're talking about in the 1990s then holy crap I want to play those! 

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I was thinking about picking up FFXIV in the future and asking you for help. Now I'm frightened lol

I know.. I'm a scary person in FFXIV (I actually remain silent.. but secretly cursing these kind of players to hell.. even if I did give advice, ask tank to pull mobs, tell the healer to pull their weight a lil, a lot ignore or say things like "I can't have Grit and Darkside on at the same time, it eat my MP!" - has moves to help recover said MP problem).

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DEMON said:

I know.. I'm a scary person in FFXIV (I actually remain silent.. but secretly cursing these kind of players to hell.. even if I did give advice, ask tank to pull mobs, tell the healer to pull their weight a lil, a lot ignore or say things like "I can't have Grit and Darkside on at the same time, it eat my MP!" - has moves to help recover said MP problem).

Ah ok you'd only be secretly yelling at me lol

Well maybe in the future, fffxiv still has to sell itself to me 

• toxic and salty people online, so much hate
  • online trophies and unobtainable platinums/100% (PS Home, I'm looking at you)
  • fetch quests and collectibles (depends on the game though)
  • freezes and bugs (Skyrim on PS 3, Fallout NV etc. - great games but hard to plat due to freezes/lags)

On 12/22/2016 at 11:38 AM, kittygirl2010 said:

Yes, this is rather annoying and kind of sad that it still happens. But I take solace in knowing that this usually comes from someone that's mentally (and perpetually) 12 years old with a lack of self-esteem, so therefore feels the need to demean females online behind the safety of his TV or computer screen in an attempt to elevate himself -- aka basement dwellers.

• Like 2