What is the point in life?

caasuaI_

Having fun whilst making those you care for happy.

If you're depressed then your point of view will change, you'll think nobody cares for you and you can't enjoy yourself with anything, that's when people commit suicide. They lock themselves from everyone around them and it's hard to reach out and call for help.

Honestly, I don't know the point of life. The way I see it, you work hard, you get paid, you pay the bills and the cycle continues. It gets worse when you don't enjoy your line of work. Some may say, a career change but to me it's just not as easy as it sounds. I always question my own existence, because often I wish I cease to exist. There are too many things in this world that devastate the shit out of me. Yep. Do not understand life.

• Like 1

To make memories, and leave footprints and if you have to have regrets, regret the things you have done, leave nothing undone.

To roll up yoursleeves with the hoi polloi, to command armies and to conquor worlds etc.

Edited by Nasty_Rory

Honestly, I don't know the point of life. The way I see it, you work hard, you get paid, you pay the bills and the cycle continues. It gets worse when you don't enjoy your line of work. Some may say, a career change but to me it's just not as easy as it sounds. I always question my own existence, because often I wish I cease to exist. There are too many things in this world that devastate the shit out of me. Yep. Do not understand life.

What if you changed career and it made no difference? 

What if you changed career and it made no difference? 

It probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. 

But like I said, it's not easy to make a career change (for me at least) because I have invested too much money and too much time (>10 years) in it. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not whinging or complaining, I am most likely more fortunate than >70% of people out there be it physically or mentally.

And this brings me back to OP's original question, what's the point of life? Fair enough there are lots of people people, but I think the people who suffer far outnumber the happy ones.

Everyone has their opinion on Life my is.

1-5 Your an baby still :lol:

5-11 Your learning stuff :huh:

12-19 This is usually THE FUN TIMES because we are all young & eager B)

20-25 Becoming Whole as an Human Man or Women.

26-35 Have Wife & Kids

Than the cycle MUST repeat itself.

• Haha 1

I've always thought life was more round myself, so I don't think there is a point.

^^^This is the best answer I've heard to this question ever. Everything has a cycle, a circle of life. We all contribute, we all grow within it, struggle within it, multiply within it, then die within it. And then it just continues with our offspring. It's what we do in the middle that makes us unique.

To procreate and keep the species going.

The point of doing that is nothing, there isn't a point to any of it.

It doesn't matter that we're here and it won't matter when we're gone.

So I just try to enjoy it while I can.

Which is what gets me when people eyeroll and tell me to grow up or be more mature. Why? When we're dead it won't matter.

If I like playing on a roundabout in a park at the age of 24, there's no harm in it lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To procreate and keep the species going.

The point of doing that is nothing, there isn't a point to any of it.

It doesn't matter that we're here and it won't matter when we're gone.

So I just try to enjoy it while I can.

Which is what gets me when people eyeroll and tell me to grow up or be more mature. Why? When we're dead it won't matter.

If I like playing on a roundabout in a park at the age of 24, there's no harm in it lol

Well said :)

• 8 years later...

To have fun while you can, as your time is not unlimited and we do not last forever, if you can't achieve happiness, keep trying till you find something that gives you happiness.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 2

I have no idea what a point of life is, but I do know your destiny is planned from the very 1st day & no matter what you do, YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT. If you are destined to be rich, you'll be rich. If you are destined to work hard your entire life & achieve nothing, you'll work hard your entire life & achieve nothing. If you are destined to die young, you'll die young. If you are destined to discover the cure for cancer, you'll discover the cure for cancer. Never question the events (the good & the bad) that will happen throughout your life. Accept them as they are & keep moving forward.

• Like 2