Why is Sony taking so long to roll out major PS4 system updates? PS3 feedback

kidhero99

1392.gif

Seriously tho, I think the biggest problem with updates on the PS3 is that it took FOR-ever to download/install them, while it's quick and painless on the PS4 and will do it in the background or while I'm at work (which the PS3 did later in it's life as well, made a huge difference).

Time to bring on the frequent updates, Sony, let's do this!

• Like 1

I'm not sure that follows. Its not like we haven't had long waits for things that ended up broken. 

Having a community preview/test program/closed and open betas would.

It never took me more than 25 minutes, it's your internet's fault not Sony

My internet speed is fine. Download speeds have always been slow on the PS3 for me, yet on PS4 is quite improved

The size of the updates and average internet speed at the time (for comparison, the latest PS3 update is 197MB, while the latest PS4 update is 185MB). Internet is nowadays faster while the data volume to download is about the same.
Edited by kidhero99

A PS4 runs better than a PS3. Shocker there...

Seriously though, you can't expect the download times to be the same on both systems no matter how good or bad your internet is. Yeah, ps3 download times are great, but it never has been and idk why you'd complain now esp. since they are working on improvements on their newest products.

• Like 3

Because that would be quite the missed point. It wasn't the frequency, its how much time you lost to them, both from system updates and game updates and how they all took fucking forever and couldn't be done in the background (PS+ helped with some of that later on).

I don't understand how this took you forever to download PS3 updates, only took me 15 mins tops.

So it's Sony's fault that your internet is bad? Of course it is, it's their fault for everything.  There's no way your internet is fine, yet it takes hours for PS3 updates, it's not possible.

Did you take "FOREVER" literally? lol 

Either way, 5-10 minutes may be too much for some people. It's subjective.

Though my internet must not be fine since the Drive Club servers still don't work correctly two weeks after release.  :|

You can't please everyone, and you won't. To try and please everyone, especially the gaming community is impossible. If Sony turn around and change their approach, one portion of people will complain. If they then turn around again and change it, a different portion of people will complain. It is utterly futile to try and appease everyone within the gaming culture. Not that this is a bad thing, if anything it just shows how diverse things now are. 

I genuinely don't care if they take a week or a month to roll something out. It isn't preventing me from playing the games i'm enjoying or watching Netflix. I would rather they take their time.

As far as the actual time it takes to download something, that depends on loads of factors including personal internet stability and the state of PSN at the time.

Didn't we have a disagreement not too long ago about what we wanted from the ps4?. I said that we should've had themes, avatars, etc a long time ago (even at release I think), but you defended Sony saying all things come to those who wait, so why the change of heart now?. We're still waiting for the massive update that includes the themes so I think we've both proved a point!. Come on Sony, give us the ps4 we were promised and stop being the Drive Club of the next gen consoles.

• Like 2

Didn't we have a disagreement not too long ago about what we wanted from the ps4?. I said that we should've had themes, avatars, etc a long time ago (even at release I think), but you defended Sony saying all things come to those who wait, so why the change of heart now?. We're still waiting for the massive update that includes the themes so I think we've both proved a point!. Come on Sony, give us the ps4 we were promised and stop being the Drive Club of the next gen consoles.

I honestly don't remember, if I did I was being sarcastic, But I do remember saying something about hardware company vs software and sony wanting to build a gaming machine first and letting everything else sort itself out later type of mindset.  because there is sure as hell something wrong when features that your previous console had, that one would thing would migrate to the successor, is missing from the successor. Then you got features touted from the get go disappearing from launch, and are either released a year later, or still missing. Looking at you suspend resume. Well, better late than never I suppose

Anyway been hearing people having PSN sign in issues after updating.

Edited by kidhero99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...