What is the last book you've read?

YonahFuriae

There's a lot of topics like this one with many kinds of media, but I had yet to see one about books, which are among the most pleasurable things in life for me and i'm sure for most of you too.

So let's share our literary tastes. It doesn't matter if the last book you've read it's a book you readed so many times already, all of us have our favorite books and a single reading isn't enough, they'll be with us for the rest of our life. Also since most books aren't like movies, which you can see in one sitting, if you preffer it this way, you could share the one you are reading now instead of the last, everyone is free to do whatever they feel like.

I like a large range of literature and genres, from greek tragedy, philosophy and mythology to epic fantasy and science fiction, the last book I've readed belongs to the latter.

The cyberpunk novel Neuromancer, by William Gibson.

Neuromancer_(Book).jpg

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon.

It's like Twilight but with psychics.

Not recommended, the story only starts moving toward the end of the book and it's all kinds of wut.

It's like it can't decide what it's target audience is.

Difficult read, had to force my way through it, it had potential but fell short when it decided it wanted to be Twilight.

Currently reading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb and I'm already hooked.

• Like 1

gone.png

I couldn't decide what to read, so I just went back to this series. It's deliciously violent and realistic. In it, everybody over the age of 15 disappears and a massive barrier surrounds the area so the kids are trapped, and some kids have started developing powers. Ok, it doesn't sound realistic so far, but bear with me.

The character development is very realistic, and the way the kids act is realistic too. There are no laws, so violence and murder begins, and they waste all the food so they start to starve, and there are pre-schoolers who don't know what's going on. A 2 year old, stranded in their house with nobody knowing they're there... I can imagine this book being rough on parents.

Would definitely recommend this series.

Currently reading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb and I'm already hooked.

I've just started reading Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb - great series and I think she has started the third Fitz and the Fool trilogy quite recently. The last book I finished reading was Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Great writing but zero plot!

I just finished her latest book set in the Realm of the Elderlings The Fool's Assassin - and I have to say that you guys are in for a real treat. They just get better and better.

My favourite trilogy in the series is the Liveship Trader trilogy. Make sure you read those too!

Currently re-reading the Lord of the Rings, but I'm not really feeling it at the moment so I might pick up the latest James S. A. Corey book this weekend.

Nice collection of books, I will check some of these ^_^

Currently reading H.P Lovecraft : The Necronomicon and The Zombie Survival Guide.

I like Lovecraft so much, I've read a collection of his complete stories and Shadow over Innsmouth, but haven't checked the Necronomicon yet >.<

I was reading Albert Einstein byography...but did not finished

the last 100%? The Hobbit!

I also readed a biography about him, really enjoyed it.

Edited by Edo_Oni
  • Like 1

Just an FYI there is a "what are you reading now" topic somewhere but I'm on my phone so can't link it ATM.

On topic: reading "The Blinding Knife" by Brent Weeks. Fantasy readers should definitely check the series out.

I'm surprised by how many of the books people have listed on here I've read.

Neuromancer

The first 4/5 Patricia Briggs books

All Robin Hobb's books(stay away from the Soldier Son trilogy *shudder* so terrible)

The Game of Thrones books

Gone (intending to continue the series soon)

Trudy Canavan

Since there's a "What Are You Reading" thread already, I took this thread as asking what is the last book you have read and FINISHED.

"The Origin of Satan" by Elaine Pagels.

"In the Old Testament he is merely the Adversary, a forbidding member of God's retinue. How then did Satan become the Gospel's prince of darkness, who brings about the crucifixion of Jesus as part of a cosmic struggle between good and evil? And why did Jesus' followers increasingly identify Satan with their human antagonists -- first Jews, then Pagans, and then heretics of their own faith?

In this groundbreaking work of religious and social history, the author of "The Gnostic Gospels" traces the relationship between the embattled members of a breakaway Jewish sect and the myth they invoked to explain their persecution."

I recommend reading this.

• 1 month later...