Which is the hardest racing to Platinum ever.

patrickogorman19

Which is the hardest car racing game to platnium  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the hardest racing game to platnium .

• Wipeout HD
    • Need for speed the shift
    • Gran turismo 5
    • Blur
    • Midnight Los Angela's.
    • Driver San Francisco
    • Trackmania turbo
    • Grid auto sports
    • Gran turismo 6
    • Need for speed the run
    • F1 2010
    • Unlimited test drive 2
    • Mod nation races
    • Sonic all stars racing transformed
    • The Crew
    • Blood drive
    • Project Cars
    • Motor storm pacific rift
    • Need for need shift 2 unleashed.
    • Death track Resurrection

I have not played all the others, so I cannot say for certain. But GT5 has some very difficult trophies, one involving you to beat a World Record. Which is quite possibly the hardest trophy depending on what cars you are used to. I personally suck bad with Street Cars, LMP's and F1 are more my feel. So naturally that would be my response.

Of the ones listed that I've played, it's GT 5 by a landslide, closely followed by WipEout HD. I'd put Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed at 3rd spot, that is hell compared to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

Oh, and about the poll, what is Midnight Club: Los Angela's?   :giggle:

Edited by Blanc
  • Like 1

Have you even platnium sonic all starts racing transformed

I don't have to have it platinumed to know what im talking about. But yes I do (as shown in my prominent signature -_-), and as everyone else said here about the game, its pretty difficult. Im not the only one who knows this and feels this way.

Edited by BlueDiamond93
  • Like 1

Having both the Gran Turismo 5 and WipEout HD plats, my vote would go to WipEout HD. Granted, I played WipEout HD very early on in the PS3 gen, and GT5 I played earlier this year, so you could argue I've gotten more skilled in my gaming. (As I'm 35+ and having less and less time to game, I would actually argue the opposite.)

I'll try to break down the biggest challenges I found in each...

WipEout HD

• Elite Campaign Legend: The Elite AI is a pain from the very first race, and only gets ever more brutally unfair as you make your way to Meltdown. Chenghou Project, especially when it occurs in a tournament series, still causes me to clench my teeth in anger... just from thinking about it.
  • Beat Zico: I've accomplished this twice (once for my friend). The 2nd time I managed to do it, I unintentionally also earned him "Lapped Out"... as in, yes, even though I knew exactly what needed to be done and how to do it, it still took me 100+ laps to get a successful run in. That lap has to pretty much be PERFECTLY executed.
  • Zone Zeus: This was the most enjoyable "tough" WipEout HD trophy for me - setting my own music playlist, and pretty much literally just zoning out for a few hours every day, for about a week or two.

Gran Turismo 5

• Gold Standard: The vast majority of the races/events are relatively easy, but the ones that are difficult are QUITE difficult - and the difficulty seems to vary quite randomly. Where any sensible developer would have difficulty be a gradual increase, PD saw it fit to have random and excessively steep difficulty spikes.
    • License tests: Most were decent, but a handful were simply frustrating.
    • Nascar school: Like the overall difficulty, golding these felt totally random.
    • AMG Academy: Awesome. I found these difficult, but very enjoyable.
    • Grand Tour - Eiger Nordwand: For me, this was the "Beat Zico" of GT5.
    • Sebastian Vettel X Challenge: Because of course. Three 2-lap time trials that stop most from getting the platinum... with gameplay bearing a closer resemblance to WipEout than to everything else in GT5.
  • GT-R Official Record: Doing this right after getting through the AMG Academy was essentially a cake-walk. (AMG Academy is definitely harder.)

Anyways, those are only my opinions. It took me about 133 hours to platinum WipEout HD, and probably closer to 300 for GT5, primarily because of the many grindy bits (A/B spec level 40, 1000 cars, AoE).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Having both the Gran Turismo 5 and WipEout HD plats, my vote would go to WipEout HD. Granted, I played WipEout HD very early on in the PS3 gen, and GT5 I played earlier this year, so you could argue I've gotten more skilled in my gaming. (As I'm 35+ and having less and less time to game, I would actually argue the opposite.)

I'll try to break down the biggest challenges I found in each...

WipEout HD

• Elite Campaign Legend: The Elite AI is a pain from the very first race, and only gets ever more brutally unfair as you make your way to Meltdown. Chenghou Project, especially when it occurs in a tournament series, still causes me to clench my teeth in anger... just from thinking about it.
  • Beat Zico: I've accomplished this twice (once for my friend). The 2nd time I managed to do it, I unintentionally also earned him "Lapped Out"... as in, yes, even though I knew exactly what needed to be done and how to do it, it still took me 100+ laps to get a successful run in. That lap has to pretty much be PERFECTLY executed. gold is just too hard.
  • Zone Zeus: This was the most enjoyable "tough" WipEout HD trophy for me - setting my own music playlist, and pretty much literally just zoning out for a few hours every day, for about a week or two.
Gran Turismo 5

• Gold Standard: The vast majority of the races/events are relatively easy, but the ones that are difficult are QUITE difficult - and the difficulty seems to vary quite randomly. Where any sensible developer would have difficulty be a gradual increase, PD saw it fit to have random and excessively steep difficulty spikes.

• License tests: Most were decent, but a handful were simply frustrating.
    • Nascar school: Like the overall difficulty, golding these felt totally random.
    • AMG Academy: Awesome. I found these difficult, but very enjoyable.
    • Grand Tour - Eiger Nordwand: For me, this was the "Beat Zico" of GT5.
    • Sebastian Vettel X Challenge: Because of course. Three 2-lap time trials that stop most from getting the platinum... with gameplay bearing a closer resemblance to WipEout than to everything else in GT5.
  • GT-R Official Record: Doing this right after getting through the AMG Academy was essentially a cake-walk. (AMG Academy is definitely harder.)

Anyways, those are only my opinions. It took me about 133 hours to platinum WipEout HD, and probably closer to 300 for GT5, primarily because of the many grindy bits (A/B spec level 40, 1000 cars, AoE).

Poll needs more Motorstorm. Pacific Rim was impossibly hard to race online and RC is stupidly hard at higher difficulties.

Blur's online is bloody hard too, as is Split/Second. The only guys playing it regularly are just there to troll the rest of us.

Modnation Racers difficulty lies mainly in beating the challenges (the hardcore racers are damn good) and getting enough likes for your uploads.

GT5 and Wipeout HD, while difficult, are achievable with practice. Loads and loads and loads of practice.

As a genre, racing in general has some very tough Plats  :shakefist:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but Sonic is aimed at younger age groups so you can see why people might think its an easy game..

Sonic Unleashed is known as a very difficult platinum. I don't see "younger age groups" being able to beat the game, let alone do all the time trials and get all the medals. It's silly to write it off as a kids game just because it's Sonic and it isn't gray, brown and black like most games these days.

On topic, I'd definitely say Gran Turismo 5. Imo, the only annoying section of WipEout was Beat Zico (took 500+ laps). After that it was relatively easy (and a lot of fun). GT5 on the other hand, I have no hope of platting.

• Like 1

I have only played 5 of the games on the list, but the 2 that will never get finished as they are just too damn frustrating and I really started to hate them are GT5 and wipeout.

I have 86% on GT5 and 59% on Wipeout, so on that basis I will vote Wipeout.

Also I lost my game save for GT5 when my old console died, and there is no way on Gods green Earth that I am going to start from the beginning again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have only played 5 of the games on the list, but the 2 that will never get finished as they are just too damn frustrating and I really started to hate them are GT5 and wipeout.

I have 86% on GT5 and 59% on Wipeout, so on that basis I will vote Wipeout.

Also I lost my game save for GT5 when my old console died, and there is no way on Gods green Earth that I am going to start from the beginning again.

You say wipeout thats your opinion but remember the hardest trophy in GT5 is gold standard, plus grinding.

• 1 month later...