Mage, Rogue or Warrior?

Mr_Freaker

65 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you prefer?

• Mage/Sorcerer
    • Rogue/Thief
    • Warrior

Rogue, I always play as the Ranger type class in most MMOs.  I liked Summoner though in FFXIV which I guess can count as Sorcerer.  Personally I'm a fan of games that let me try out a bit of everything rather than being stuck to the one class for that character.

Warrior or Mage.  It really depends, sometimes I like to just face everything head on, but sometimes I prefer raining down destruction on the enemy from afar.  I guess it really depends on whether mana/TP/MP potions are plentiful and/or cheap in the game, or if it's like Final Fantasy where you can't buy Ethers (I think).  Ideally, I'd probably be a mage if there's some powerful spells in the game, otherwise I'd settle for a Warrior.  I'm hardly ever a Rogue, just because I'm usually terrible at stealth.  Usually it depends on if I have Warriors/Magi in my party, then I pick the other class.

Edited by Lady Lilith

Warrior, always the Warrior.  I generally don't like to "think" when I play video games... and Warrior's are usually the safest bet to allow me to walk into a room and just bash things in the face until I win.

Honorable mention to the Mage's... because big, lavish magic spells tend to look kind of awesome.

I've only ever been interested in playing as a warrior. I absolutely love running around in heavy armour, carrying a huge shield and wielding a ultra greatsword 1.5x as big as my character. The only RPG I've played where I didn't tank my character was Dragons Dogma. Although I started as a fighter/warrior I quickly found it to be a rubbish class and reading about all the flying enemies I realised I would need a ranged class to be truly effective. Eventually decided to play as a hybrid class, the assassin, using daggers and a shortbow. I absolutely loved this game and playing as a rogue class made it even more entertaining. It did make me wonder if I should try other RPGs playing as a rogue but that thought didn't last long. Dark Souls 2 came out and I went back to being a tank. Playing as a mage has never interested me at all. However I will get Diablo 3 at some point and will have to play as a magic class to platinum it which will be interesting.

Mage or warrior, mostly because I do enjoy getting up close and personal while I'm slowly cutting down a bosses health. Though after that I do a mage playthrough to get a good understanding of the games mechanics when it comes to magick and how to use it. It's always interesting to see how it's done and the magick in motion.

• Like 1

It's a toss up between Mage/Sorcerer and the Rogue class, but I voted for the Mage. I like ranged characters in most games.

I've always preferred ranged DPS (usually a mage type) or a healer. I don't like to be upfront in battles. 

I agree with this.

Edited by skinner49

I'd have to say Warrior. In D&D I like the Barbarian the best, although I have played stealthy classes too. In video games, I don't have the patience to hide in the shadows and sneak attack my foe. Magic is nice as way to defeat an enemy---but in the end, as I said, Warrior. SMASH! lol

I tend to be a warrior in most games. I really like beeing armored to the maximum and killing every single mob with my almighty strength hammer +5. But unfortunately I can´t play as rouge. It´s a really difficulty playstyle for me. And I do not like stealth games either.

And sometimes I choose the mage as starting class. It really makes fun as a mage in the end of a game. Unlocked all powerfull spells like crystal homing soulmas or something. 

• 4 weeks later...

Rogue/Thief for games that require unlock skills early, Mage for all the others. I rarely go Warrior unless it's a mmorpg which is strange because let's face it, No other role takes anywhere near as much crap as the Tank.  In fact, I completely abandoned FF14 due to being sick of the abuse.

Rogue/thief every time. Playing as a warrior is boring imo, being able to just stand there and tank and smash (there are exceptions though, with great skill trees). Offensive mage/wizards also tend to be either massively over- or underpowered in every game I play, so either it's no fun for being too easy, or no fun because it's waaay too hard. Rogue/thief is a nice balance for me

If you open up the categories even more though, I play clerics whenever they're available :)