Mage, Rogue or Warrior?

Mr_Freaker

65 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you prefer?

• Mage/Sorcerer
    • Rogue/Thief
    • Warrior

Most games let you choose one of these three main classes (hybrids and variations are possible depending on the game)

Which is your favorite and why?

I like to change between Warriors and Rogue.

I often start with a Rogue playthrough because it's often very diverse, end with a second warrior playthrough to really make a dent in enemies.

I always tend to go for Warrior because I like being in the face of the enemy while my allies are somewhat protected and get the time they need to do mega-damage. The only game I go for the Rogue/Thief or any sneaky class are Fallout and Elder Scrolls games :)

I never really play Mage, although I love the idea of uber spell damage, it never really fit with my playstyles.

I tend to enjoy ranged or magical classes, even in my Dungeons and Dragons campaigns, because it fits into my play style the best.  I enjoy spell casting, buffing, and healing.

If I had to chose a magic class I'd go with cleric/white mage.  When I was a little girl (3 - 4)  I was afraid of the enemies in video games.  In the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past I'd spend my whole time in the village because I was too scared of the soldiers.  I suppose that initial fear shaped the way I play and made me prefer ranged.

The only exception is Kingdom Hearts.  Donald can have that crap.

Personally it's a tie between Mage & Rogue, good thing Dragon's Dogma combined those 2 classes to make quite possibly the most OP class in the game. I prefer the Rogue for their speed & high critical hit rate, as for the Mage... who doesn't love decimating groups of enemies with incredibly powerful spells?

• Like 1

Mages are usually a bit too flashy for my tastes, although i sometimes play as them if the game is flashy itself. It's always a must to have one in my party though, for healing and buffing.

Warriors are alright, i usually go warrior when i don't have a party to back me up, in games like Skyrim etc.

Rogues are usually me favorite class, although i always go for the archer route, not the dual-wield/backstabber/whatever kind. There's something really badass about taking out enemies from afar, with precision instead of brute force. A rogue that gets up close is just a less bulky warrior to me. My favorite Rogue ever was in Dragon's Dogma, that game had the coolest archery in any game ever.

Edited by HappyKastanie

although i always go for the archer route, not the dual-wield/backstabber/whatever kind. There's something ereally badass about taking out enemies from afar, with precision instead of brute force.

Exactly this, I always go to archery for the precision and the overall awesomeness of wielding a bow and arrow.  :P  Being an archer allows me to plan my next move with the distance, as well as survey the overall situation, which is perfect for me as I'm a strategic thinker.

However, from the choices, mage > rogue > warrior.  I like being supportive and co-operative with buffing and healing which I find more exciting than brute force (unless, like I said, there's an option for archer).  In any online game I'm always the one who does the healing or background support for this reason.   :lol:

I always tend to go for Warrior because I like being in the face of the enemy while my allies are somewhat protected and get the time they need to do mega-damage. The only game I go for the Rogue/Thief or any sneaky class are Fallout and Elder Scrolls games :)

I never really play Mage, although I love the idea of uber spell damage, it never really fit with my playstyles.

Exactly my reasoning why i chose warrior. 

• Like 1

I mostly go with Warrior since I like to tank enemies. They also get the most flashy looking armor :P But I will go Mage if they have interesting enough spells or a healing/buff ability. I don't go as a Rogue unless I just really want to.