Nathan Drake or Lara Croft?

RandyXL

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if original Lara was better, but reboot trilogy Lara is dull as dishwater.  The origin story of the 2013 game was interesting to a point, felt bad for the terrible situation Lara was thrust into and proud of how she overcame it... but otherwise the sum of the three games confuse boring for serious more often than not.

Maybe the overall stories in the Uncharted games aren't much better, but Drake as a character is brimming with personality and carries whatever shortcomings it does have.  Its over the top, comical nature might rub some people the wrong way but it's never boring IMO.

Edited by Dreakon13

Lara Croft, obviously. Her existence and impact outside the game world is far greater and far more important than Nathan's. And some of our other favorite video game heroines wouldn't exist without her. 

In-game too. The only prominent thing Nathan has going for him in comparison is personality, which is up there but not quite at the top. Any heroic or physical feats he's showed off Lara did a long time ago, can do or better. She's more skilled and talented at basically everything: combat, archery, driving, hand to hand combat, climbing, multiple languages, etc, and yeah still has weakness and vulnerable moments. She has more style, better outfits, better toolset, and hell even a unique and sexier accent. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

I like them both, Drake is a solid character. But he also has to have other people to bounce off of a lot of the time, so I think Lara is more interesting as a solo character. Though I don’t really care a great deal for the most recent trilogy, I prefer her a bit older and wiser.

Lara has more cultural impact than Nate does, she's more important to gaming. But If we're talking pure characters, Nate has so much charm and charisma, his humor is boundless, he's so loveable it makes him the entertainment value of the series.