Holiday Tradition

Bucknerd

ac42d230-a615-0131-de4e-027d7ed78947.gif

If you don't know why this gif is here you make me sad.

Because I am bored at work curious what type of holiday traditions do you have?

Now that most of my family is gone I make it a point to get some sparkling champagne, watch Home Alone 2, The Santa Clause, and my favorite holiday movie Die Hard.  Lots of cat cuddles, blankets, and eating is to be had.  I might throw Tokyo Godfathers into the mix this year. 

I also usually make a point to buy one box of Christmas Tree cakes.  Because Christmas Tree cakes. 

• Like 1

ac42d230-a615-0131-de4e-027d7ed78947.gif

If you don't know why this gif is here you make me sad.

Because I am bored at work curious what type of holiday traditions do you have?

Now that most of my family is gone I make it a point to get some sparkling champagne, watch Home Alone 2, The Santa Clause, and my favorite holiday movie Die Hard.  Lots of cat cuddles, blankets, and eating is to be had.  I might throw Tokyo Godfathers into the mix this year. 

I also usually make a point to buy one box of Christmas Tree cakes.  Because Christmas Tree cakes. 

I boldened what I do. And that's pretty much it. I also celebrate Festivus, for those who are familiar with Seinfeld.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

Since I am also bored while at work might share what they call Tradition

during my youth the celebration of Christmas is usually wait til midnight of 24th, have Noche Buena with family then sleep.. on 25th, we receive gifts(usually in cash) from Godfather/Godmother/Relatives...

for New Year, I am usually being dragged to market on December 31st to find 13 round fruits... it says it brings good luck for the next year... dunno why it have to be 13 since we only have 12 months a year... and I still doubt that banana and papaya are considered as round fruits... then on night... as usual we wait til Midnight, and once the year changes, we jump so that we will grow(kinda effective IMO), fire some firecrackers so that evil stuffs will go away.. or something, wear silly polka dots for luck in money... then sleep...

these past years, my Christmas is usually composed of sleeping til I want, hide from Godchildren and watch some series marathon... New Year is different though... wake up before 12, watch countdown in TV and try to avoid these stupid suffocating smokes from firecrackers then play some video games... oh and since I am lucky this year... will celebrate New Year while at work...

also... still don't get what's with the gif... >_<

Edited by jeieem

I always spend Christmas with only my parents and sister.  We usually go out on Christmas Eve together in the city.  On Christmas Day we give each other presents, watch Christmas favourite films, one particular example being National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Then we have Christmas dinner together (the stuffing afffg delicious), always takes the whole day to prepare, and usually return to watching Christmas films.  :P

Haven't had Christmas traditions since I moved out, but we used to always have the traditional Christmas dinner and wait till midnight to open gifts.

New Years though is basically 2 days for me. One day we eat all the Southern dishes and watch fireworks. The other day we eat all the Japanese dishes and throw salt out the door. Sometimes we even did a winter cleaning because spring cleaning just doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

Christmas Day all the family get together over my Anties house. After that I go home and have Chrismas dinner, have a drink (Christmas being the only day of the year I drink Alcohol), watch Home Alone 1 & 2 (Chrismas wouldn't be the same if I negelect to watch them) then probably play games for the rest of the day. :)

I usually listen to some cheesy Christmas and holiday music, watch Home Alone 1 and 2, Christmas Vacation, and some other Christmas movies. We've had a tradition in our family to open one present on Christmas Eve that we've done since we were kids (yes, I'm 28 now.... No, I don't care), then on Christmas we open the rest of our gifts, eat some Christmas dinner, and enjoy our presents.

I might throw Tokyo Godfathers into the mix this year. 

Do it! I watched it last Christmas on Netflix, and it's become one of my new favorites. 

It used to be we would go over to my grandmothers house, have dinner, talk, watch movies, play games, and pretty much whatever else. But that was a few years ago and I honestly can't remember what all we did the after that. I think we just treated it like any normal day.

I celebrate Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family and celebrate Christmas/Hanukkah with my mom's side of the family (my mom's side is Jewish). Then I usually spend the next week playing all of my new games. I used to have my cousins come down for New Year's, but we stopped doing that a few years ago.

Don't really have any traditions but family coming over, dinner with family and then opening presents, everything else just happens at random.  There's maybe a movie on in the background which I couldn't care less about (no attention span for them plus not that into Christmas movies and the person who usually hogs the TV remote usually watches the most stupid and childish thing ever - there is no kids in our family, this person just likes the worst movies -_-).  I suppose watching Doctor Who is a tradition (that I do alone as I am the only person who likes it :().

Edited by DEMON