Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

I only buy one game at a time and try to complete it. Saying that, I refuse to download games (unless I have to) as I sell everything once I've achieved platinum. This causes a problem with DLC's which sometimes I'll complete if they come out quick enough, otherwise its too late as the game will have been sold and I'm on the next one.

I only started trophy hunting after a couple of years into my ownership of the PS3 so I'll never complete my list. On the PS4 now with a much more improved completion list.

I tend to buy more adult games as opposed to lego type ones. Next game will be Battlefront Hardline and my last was The Order 1886.

My daughter is playing Minecraft on my account (too young for her own account) so its ruining my PS4 completion record :)

Since joining this site, I certainly have become more anal with trophies and do look a the trophy lists before purchasing. If I didn't do this, I would have purchased Destiny.

Aim is to break into top 10,000 in UK by the end of tis year. In middle of 2013 I was 23,000+ and then I became anal about improving my position.

Great topic.

All the best.

Joalso  

- Which games do you focus on first?

I always focus on the multiplayer first of the games I own. This way it is easier to achieve them when there are more people playing the game. Afterwards I try to finish the games first that I enjoy the most. When I am bored or got the motivation to go on a big trophy hunt I pick up the games I don't like that much.

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

With a game like Secret Ponchos and the Historic collection on NBA 2k15. I think it will be impossible for me to get to 100% completion.

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

After I finished my games as much as possible I will focus on the free PSN games I have in my backlog. Afterwards I will try to get some great games I missed on the PS3.

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

I have a goal for myself that I want to get atleast 80%/A rank on every game I play before I start a new one. Unless I am certain I will get 80% anyway. (For example DriveClub and Sly Cooper)

I'm going to start off buy saying that the first thing i do is look up a trophy guide and i look at the missable trophies. If there are no missable trophies i play it normally. If there are i might use a guide (unless it has an awesome story like The last of us and i dont want to spoil it).

- I used to only worry about the platinums but Recently i have been going for 100% due to the sales recently. im hoping to get full completion eventually but games like COD BLOPS are stopping me. 20 bucks for each DLC get outta here.

- I havnt really gotten too angry while going for trophies but there are two exceptions. 1 was crysis 2 when a trophy glitched after hours of boosting (finally managed to fix). 2 was max pain 3 when going for "the shadows rushed me". i swore every time i died especially when it froze at chapter 13. but ive got to say i felt really good when i got it.

- I tend to research a fair amount mostly about server closures coming up, or for region lock in Mortal Kombat (still dont fully understand that). 

- The games i focus on first is whatevers on my shelf really. i tend to vary the games i play. for example if i play an RPG one day ill play a shooter the next.

- To complete all trophies on my list now it would most likely take over 100 hours.

- The next game i will be playing is Dishonored. When i get a ps4 first will be shadows of mordor

- To raise completion rate i would suggest playing games with no dlc such as Ratchet and Clank or the Jak series. pretty much any remasters

Edited by Gibbo_0113

Am i the only one that finds it interesting that the guy or gal with a 100% completion percentage with over 100+ games completed has the rarities he does.  I was a tad surprised considering.  There's something to be said and to take away from that.  And I'll leave it up to ya'll to take away what you want...  

Just saying.  Impressive nonetheless, and cool thread to check out some cards.  I'm always looking deeper than the typical person.  My apologies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am i the only one that finds it interesting that the guy or gal with a 100% completion percentage with over 100+ games completed has the rarities he does.  I was a tad surprised considering.  There's something to be said and to take away from that.  And I'll leave it up to ya'll to take away what you want...  

Just saying.  Impressive nonetheless, and cool thread to check out some cards.  I'm always looking deeper than the typical person.  My apologies.

The thing is.. he is still the best.. statistically.

I could be in the top 70% percent for you :D

Which games do you focus on first?

These days I focus on PS3 games first. I want to move on to the PS4.

How long will it take you complete all trophies in your list now?

Age of Booty would be impossible. Other than that. 2 years if I try hard.

What us the next game that you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

I will move on to the PS4 strictly!

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Finish old uncompleted games and when I start a few games, make sure I finish them to avoid further completion rating destruction.

Edited by x9zachattack5x

I could be in the top 70% percent for you :D

These days I focus on PS3 games first. I want to move on to the PS4.

How long will it take you complete all trophies in your list now?

Age of Booty would be impossible. Other than that. 2 years if I try hard.

What us the next game that you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

I will move on to the PS4 strictly!

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Finish old uncompleted games and when I start a few games, make sure I finish them to avoid further completion rating destruction.

you are in the top 70% =)

• Like 1

I was too late for the ps3 party, so when I finally bought my ps3 (with The Last of Us) I had a infinite amount of games to play, so my completition rate suffers there, since i bought my PS4 I'm trying to plat/100% all of them, but each month with the games from ps+ and games I want to buy (Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, Arkham Knight, Witcher III) I don't see a happy ending there.

It's still alot of fun though, I never considered it a chore. Good thing I don't have the money to buy the games I want or it would be even more chaotic (I resigned to Far Cry 4 and Dying Light) :/

• Like 1

1. Which games do you focus on first?

- I usually focus on the games that I think I'll enjoy the most first.

2. How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

- It can take from 1 week to multiple weeks since Persona 4 Arena is heavily skill dependent, but I'm going to play a few more games before I get back to it.

3. What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

- I might finally start the InFamous games on the PS4 which I haven't touched. I really don't know.

4. Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

- Don't give up and try to keep 5 incomplete games at MAX. I remember I was like at 70%. It felt so far from 100%, but with time I'm getting closer. Also play games that you think you might enjoy or else playing the game will feel very forced on you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

- I usually focus on the games that I think I'll enjoy the most first.

- It can take from 1 week to multiple weeks since Persona 4 Arena is heavily skill dependent, but I'm going to play a few more games before I get back to it.

3. What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

- I might finally start the InFamous games on the PS4 which I haven't touched. I really don't know.

- Don't give up and try to keep 5 incomplete games at MAX. I remember I was like at 70%. It felt so far from 100%, but with time I'm getting closer. Also play games that you think you might enjoy or else playing the game will feel very forced on you.

Very inspiring and great accomplishment on your trophy list. I see you only have persona 4 left.

• Like 1

I like to hunt thy trophies they add new challenges and keep track of your progress, but I'm not a completest :hidden:  I'm trying to get my

:right:  :gold:  :left:  rate up to at least 60%.

Hitting up the backlog is a must :jaymon:  3,500 plus unearned trophies. :spank:

:triangle:  :cross:  :circle:  :square:  :ps:  :triangle:  :cross:  :circle:  :square:  :ps:  

1. lately I have been looking up guides on games that interest me to get a head start, except Bloodborne I jumped right into that one

2, Probably 2 years, I'll jump back and forth between thy backlog but at the moment Ps4 is keeping me busy and I've been on a good streak, except Jamestown that one will take some time

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

3. I really don't know by then :|  :dunno:

4. popcorn :popcorn: and more popcorn, actually I don't eat popcorn that often, very rarely unless it's kettle corn

Edited by nevetsteven2
  • Like 1

This could be cool, I'll answer some questions to be added if possible xD

First games I look at are those I like, and second and third and fourth kind of games I look at. I don't play games because of trophies, I fight to get all the trophies from the games I like.

Well, it is virtually impossible for me to do that now due to closed servers and stuff, but that aside, I'd say a good year or two.

3. What is the next game you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

There's no way I can answer this question, because I don't wait to achieve full completion before I start a new game so a cycle happens and all that backlog theory you all know xD

Yes, BE CONSISTENT BUT SMART. You can leave unfinished projects and clear them out later, but make sure you don't forget about them! I have finished games over a year after starting them, by picking them up from time to time, chipping down the remaining trophies till conquering the plat. 

My current completion rate is 81.27%, I'm really close to my 2015 goal: stay above 82% until January 1st, 2016. This will help me motivate! :D

• Like 1

This could be cool, I'll answer some questions to be added if possible xD

First games I look at are those I like, and second and third and fourth kind of games I look at. I don't play games because of trophies, I fight to get all the trophies from the games I like.

Well, it is virtually impossible for me to do that now due to closed servers and stuff, but that aside, I'd say a good year or two.

3. What is the next game you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

There's no way I can answer this question, because I don't wait to achieve full completion before I start a new game so a cycle happens and all that backlog theory you all know xD

Yes, BE CONSISTENT BUT SMART. You can leave unfinished projects and clear them out later, but make sure you don't forget about them! I have finished games over a year after starting them, by picking them up from time to time, chipping down the remaining trophies till conquering the plat. 

My current completion rate is 81.27%, I'm really close to my 2015 goal: stay above 82% until January 1st, 2016. This will help me motivate! :D

To prove all this, a new milestone was just added to your awesomeness, may I be excited excited about it? Well my friend, you sure do xD

• Like 1

Anything that is about to become unobtainable. At the moment I'm focusing on Destiny of Spirits because it's shutting down at the end of June. So far I've been able to keep my profile with no unobtainable trophies. 

Most of them could be finished within a week or two each but I have a few games that will require quite some time. Final Fantasy XIV will take me another 4-5 months because of the levequest trophy. I would also have to get through the My Kung Fu Is Stronger trophy in Mortal Kombat.

I really need to catch up on the Assassin's Creed & Final Fantasy franchises. So far I've completed ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations & Liberation to 100% so my next one would be ACIII. I've also done FFXIII, XIII-2 and currently working on XIV so I've got X, X-2, Lightning Returns and Type-O sitting on my shelf waiting for me.

Last year I had over 1200 unearned trophies and as of today I am down to 649. This is what I did to bring up my completion rate:

1. Play anything that is closing down or has unstable servers first.

2. Finish mp/co-op trophies as soon as possible to get them out of the way then you can complete everything else at your own leisure.

3. Before starting a game check for glitched, mp or unobtainable trophies. It also pays to try the game out on another account just to see if you like it or not. Nobody wants to play 100+ hours on a game they can't stand playing.

4. If you have long grindy trophies to go for do a little bit every day in between other games so you don't become bored.

5. If you want to start a new game just do it. If I'm starting a new game I usually go for something that I know I will complete. I generally try to finish 3 or 4 games already on my profile before starting a new one but sometimes you just want to play something different.

I would like to be added  to the list if possible.

the 10 hidden trophies on my profile are the vita park trophies, due to the bug playing the game offline the first time those are all without timestamp and completely messed up my milestones, thats the reason why i had to hide them. they make less than 0,2 percent of my CR.

I tend to play multiple games at the same time, 4 to 5, mostly from different types switching from one to another depending on my play moods. I get them to A rank before getting to the next and wrap them up later on. I like to always have more obscure games to hand completely undepending of rating scores, I rather make my own opinion about how good/bad a game really is. 

Never, some of my games have unoptainable plats due to server closure (Homefront, Resistance 2, Buzz quiz world, Fight night Champion)

My backlog is constantly growing so i guess this will probably never happen, i still got over 100 blisted untouched games on shelve and may start with one of those first.

Try to get your games to at least the percentage of your own completion rate, do a lot of backloging, be persistent.

Fleks_Mhteam.png

Wow sound like fun. :D

I don't actually see myself as a trophy hunter but because of my perfectionist sister I guess I count. I play games for fun and that's what I do. I check the trophies later and guides after finishing the game then get the rest. (We share our account with my sister btw) We just like to play and try our best at most games. After getting Catherine Platinum I was actually little surprised what I was capable of. O.O

Anyways, now I answer these questions.

We have 3-4 games which we play on the same time. Other sticks on the Vita and Other on Ps3. Mostly Jrpgs. Along the Jrpgs which are long term games, we usually play some coach multiplayer or some platformer which are shorter. Currently having a break from Star Ocean 4. I have about 88% of all battle Trophies. Most of items and Ethereal Queen is still untouched.. On summer we thought about playing Tales Of Symphonia with two Players. ^^

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list?

600 hours maybe thanks to Star Ocean 4, Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles, Oreshika and Disgaea 4, if you don't count Dirt 2 which has unobtainable trophies. I don't plan to Plat Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or Bioshock 2 either. They're leftovers from my brother when we still lived at home. And the whole family had this account. We gave them a try though. Getting to try new kinds of games was fun, and I even got most of the Trophies in Dirt 2 even though my Driving skills were questionable.(Where do people need brakes when you can just lessen gas)

What is the next game that you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix, Atelier series, Some Tales of games..You name it. Might be taking a trip on summer so I have Jak trilogy, Sly trilogy and Ratchet & Clank trilogy waiting for that. :D

Do you have any tips how to maintain your average completion rate?

Try to play few games at a time but never have more than 10 games unfinished on your profile. If some game is grindy and you get tired, play something else for a while and come back to it later.

• Like 1

I always try and platinum a game whether I go for 100% is dependent on cost of the DLC and stuff. But theres games on my list which I will never platinum due to hating the game or loss of online support. If a game has online it instantly makes me hate it, I live in NZ where playing online is a huge hassle with slow speeds and dropping out. As long as my overall completion is over 80% and I try to keep remaining trophies below 1000 (need to work on this atm)

Hazanberg, I'd like to participate as well, but... I hid the trophies from certain games. The thing is, I didn't hide them to raise my completion rate, I hid them because they're trophies from games that either:

A - My brother played in my profile and therefore do not belong to me (and he still platinumed most of these)

B - I tried and didn't like, so I gave them away/sold them and therefore no longer belong to my collection.

(Basically, games I'd gladly delete/transfer to my brother's newly-made account if Sony allowed me to).

I know people always frown when they see a 100% completion profile with 554 hidden trophies, but as you can see, I hid them not not to boost my completion rate but to accurately reflect my personal collection. As you can see, Journey's also in there with a 0% completion rate and I'm not going to play it for about another month.

With this in mind... mind if I join? :) I'll answer the questions on your original post after being given permission.

Edited by jrdemr

Introduction:
- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.

Well, the base games at least. I won't buy every piece of DLC there is. Only if I enjoyed the game and think the content is interesting

- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

Nah, I've platted so many "hard" games, that I'm pretty confident I can do any platinum. I do check if I'm going to enjoy the game enough to stick with it (usually through reviews and game footage).

- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

...yeah...

- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

Not really. I mean, even a smaller game can last up to 20 hours, researching a game for 20 hours is a waste of time

- something else trophy-related that we do not know about? Share it with us!

Can't think of anything other than my trophy checklist on this site.

Questions:

Slowly working on Mortal Kombat X, NHL 15 and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Got everybody's golf on standby for when I go on holiday.

Won't be completing every single trophy*. All the base game trophies are trophies I'm going to complete in between games (time consuming ones). I'm currently mostly working on MKX, which should be done somewhere next month. What I'm completing after that should take around 2 weeks. Which game it is depends on my budget and the IGC.

Looking at Bloodborne and Dying Light as potential next games

Stick with it. If you're tired of a game, just put it down and play something else. Very important: don't forget to actually come back to the game and complete it later.

*unless I get filthy rich and can afford to buy all sorts of DLC... and if the trophies don't become unobtainable in the meantime :P

I'm currently at 95.2% with 197 unearned trophies of which 47 are base game trophies that I'm working towards.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

Might aswell join this group.

I focus on multiplayer games first because those are the games that take the longest to platinum.

Let's see, I started playing 6 games recently: 4 on PS4 and 2 on PS3. It will take me almost 3/4 weeks to get the trophies for them all.

My next game will be Project CARS which is going to be released in 2 weeks.

Yes. I get 100% (PSN game) and a platinum on every game that I play; there are some rare cases where I buy the DLC for a specific game but that is only because the value is there and it's a game that I love. I also hide some games from my list (2 games so far, no big deal) when I just don't really enjoy the game or if it is too hard for me.

Edited by wickenex

I focus on most genres Indie, FPSs, RPGs, Movie/TV Based, HD Classics and Games Series I'm a fan of (I tend to be universal in playing games because I want an awesome trophy collection, I always download the PSN games of the month if they look decent)

Well NBA 2k14 I can't get because they removed the collection :facepalm: but there will be a time when Trophy Hunting you'll hit your 1st Un-Platinum Game we all can't have 100% forever thats how you skip games. (Never :rolleyes: )

Destiny if I get a decent raid group (2 Weeks), Injustice ever one knows battle mode the Max/Impossibe :rolleyes: (???) , Dragon Age waiting for a Milestone as its an awsome game (4 Months), Resogun I'll have to create a gaming session 1 time (2 Weeks), Shadow of Mordor should be finish that today (2 Days), The Evil Within waiting to see if they release The keeper dlc with trophies (1Month) and Tour De France may need to ask people who have the platinum as it's a new type of game for me and no guides(1-2Month)

Batman Arkham Orgins/Asylum/City I'll class it as one because of the Arkham Collection :)

1-Always Look out for DLC sales e.g. Rockstar might have a 75 Sale

2-When playing games like COD or Battlefield consider buying the season pass £35 is allot for dlc content but remember they'll release 4-5 and once you've paid there free

3-Make sure your uncompleted games doesn't go over 9 because you could get over wealmed

4-Play no more than 9 games at a time, sometimes you'll get bored of a game or be stuck on a trophy, play no more than 9 so you don't have too many games to 100%

5-Play the single player mode first then use a trophy guide because using a guide might spoil a game

6-If the game has multiplayer trophies take them on first as they're sometimes a pain to get

7-If you want an old game to add to your trophy collection make sure the online is still active

8-Use gaming sessions to your advantage as someone always needs the same trophy as you

9-Sync your trophies just case the impossible happens and you lose your progress 

10-Lastly don't click on any random apps e.g. The Playroom and Singstar they're apps with trophies, I was just looking around when I first got my PS4 a clicked The Playroom because I seen it at E3 but you have to have the camera and for some reseason it came with trophies. Thank god for the delete trophies update, don't know about Singstar though on the PS3 always careful just incase I can't delete the trophies

I've been trophy hunting since the release of the PS4 and recently purchase a PS3. I have fun trophy hunting, so add me if you're a trophy hunter or casual gamer my PSN is hkelly91 :)

My own question (Your choice if you use it)

What three things would you like to change with trophies?

1-Simpler Multiplayer trophies e.g.Level up to 10 or 25 or takedown an enemy

2-More DLC content to be a choice either Stanalone DLC like First Light or Far Cry Blood dragon. If the DLC is not standalone don't add it to your Platinum until you purchased it yourself as paying for DLCs if get more expensive I could buy a new game instead of a DLC that lowers completion rate and only gives you a few hours of content extra.

3-The Option to delete trophies at 10% or lower. You could play a game not enjoy it at all and don't want that game on your list, or if you have a shared console someone used your profile earned a few trophies on a game you wouldn't play as I don't think you can delete a trophy list if you've earned one.

Happy Hunting :)

Edited by HKelly91