Grand Signature Tournament I - Round 1 [RESULTS]

cmgravekeeper

Well this contest is a complete failure since Ultros (greatest FF villain of all time) is not included :( but I suppose I shall vote for the lesser creatures ^_^

A-Osiris

B-Hapi

C-Tefnut

D-Anubis

E-RA

F-Sobek

G-Seth

H-Khonsu

Awesome sigs everyone, this is going to be a tough contest :D

• Like 1

I kinda like the whole 1 on 1 thing the tournament has (I get more votes that way :P). But is this going to be like a once a year thing, or will we be doing it more than that?

Annual or biannual, I'm not sure. If it is biannual then it would happen in July. I'd see what everyone else wants to do, so we'd know closer to then if we are doing once or twice a year. Also there are other possible ideas in the works so we'll see. :)

Although there are many great sigs, you can also see that competitions like this tournament don't always depend on people's skill. It's more of a combination of luck (who your opponent is) and using the right picture. Many voters don't care about how much is done, they vote for the character they like or the character that looks cool/cute/beautiful.

Sad to see so many good competitors getting knocked out in the first round.

Well said Izularia!  :wave:

• Like 2

Although there are many great sigs, you can also see that competitions like this tournament don't always depend on people's skill. It's more of a combination of luck (who your opponent is) and using the right picture. Many voters don't care about how much is done, they vote for the character they like or the character that looks cool/cute/beautiful.

Girl, you said it :(

But people prefer render to overall quality ...

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX
  • Like 3

It's not like I want to talk some entries down, sorry if it sounded like that. (Now I'm realizing you could understand it this way). 

What I really wanted to say: If there are two good entries in one match-up (and that's the case for nearly every match-up xD), it's hard to make a decision. And then you're voting for the character you like better or, even more precise, looks better. :D

So keep in mind to always use a popular character :P

In the finals, it would be really interesting to see two entries using the same render (just like it is with the first two Shivas now lol). But only for that round, otherwise it'd be a little too boring~ 

Edited by Izularia
  • Like 4

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Like 1

And then you're voting for the character you like better or, even more precise, looks better. :D

The render / stock that you use has a massive impact on your end result. Keeping the "oh this one has big tits, let's vote for that" out of it all, the resource you choose can make or break your sig. I'm sure many of the more experienced people in the tournament spent more than just a few minutes looking for the ideal stock / render to use. 

Then again though you always have idiot fanboys who will vote for six X because the render used is one of their favourites. Objective voting is needed. That's why I edited my original comment to give actual reasoning behind my votes as well as tips for the artists behind them. By giving a reason you remove all doubt of being a fanboy and can actually help the artist improve.

• Like 3

The render / stock that you use has a massive impact on your end result. Keeping the "oh this one has big tits, let's vote for that" out of it all, the resource you choose can make or break your sig. I'm sure many of the more experienced people in the tournament spent more than just a few minutes looking for the ideal stock / render to use. 

Then again though you always have idiot fanboys who will vote for six X because the render used is one of their favourites. Objective voting is needed. That's why I edited my original comment to give actual reasoning behind my votes as well as tips for the artists behind them. By giving a reason you remove all doubt of being a fanboy and can actually help the artist improve.

True thing, but you always have to consider that not everyone here has experience with graphics and stuff. So they can't really judge whether a signature took a long time or if someone just used a texture but nothing more (for example). So, what's the best way to sort it out then? Yep, choosing the thing you like more :P 

• Like 1