Elder Scrolls Online Launching June 9th Free to Play

Boooda

Even if it is F2P I'll avoid something tainted by Bethesda.

The game was developed by Zenimax Online Studios instead of Bethesda, they're only publishing it.

Personally, i'm not all that interested. I've heard nothing but bad things about the game on the PC and the switch to F2p doesn't really speak for their confidence in the game.

Might give it a shot just to see why everyone hates it so much though.

The game was developed by Zenimax Online Studios instead of Bethesda, they're only publishing it.

Personally, i'm not all that interested. I've heard nothing but bad things about the game on the PC and the switch to F2p doesn't really speak for their confidence in the game.

Might give it a shot just to see why everyone hates it so much though.

The fact that Bethesda is involved is what taints it. :P

This was inevitable - it was just a matter of time. I will pick up this game when it falls to $20.

I just hope the optional subscription service doesn't hide too many of the good features, kinda like how Runescape offers F2P members only about 5% of the game's content. Considering we're still paying for the game, we should have access to all of the game's core features.

Edited by GIONAScm2

Don't waste your time. This is something you shouldn't play even if it's free.

It's so shitty you can't even grasp the whole scope of its shittyness.

Maybe if it had been developed by Bethesda it would have been somewhat decent.

So...

a-chance.gif

im personally pretty hyped for the game, but that's only because skyrim is my fav game ever. so many things could ruin the game that it is fairly likely it will be bad. e.g. barely any access for non subscription players. I guess we'll only know when the game comes out

Having played to end game on PC, I can say that it is a mess. It will hold your attention for maybe 10 hours, then you'll realize that nothing changes. You'll keep playing, hoping that things will get better towards elder game content. But it stays the same. Same gameplay, no comic relief and that constant muddy hue to every single colour in the game. The only part that is memorable is the realm vs realm stuff, which is only fun if lots of people are playing the game, and sadly not alot of people are playing the game :(

After putting maybe 80 hours in before dropping it, I still have no idea why this game was made.