Battlefield Hardline: Open Beta

HeySumbode

Via Eurogamer

EA has announced details of the upcoming Battlefield Hardline open beta, which is due to take place next week between Tuesday 3rd and Sunday 8th February.

Players will be able to test the cops and robbers shooter across all of its platforms - PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Developer Visceral will include three modes to try out: the high-speed chase centred Hotwire, the classic Conquest mode and the new Heist offering.

Conquest will support 24 players on PS3 and Xbox 360, or 64 players on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Three maps will also be included - Downtown, Dust Bowl and Bank Job.

Another new feature, Hacker, will let one player on each team manipulate the battlefield by cracking into security cameras - spotting enemies and directing allies into safe areas

Been playing it for some time. Overall a better improvement over other Battlefield games. Really do like the load times not taking forever. Something like 27 odd seconds to load matches with the previous map, since the game remembers.

Heist is fun. A nice tug of war compared to Rush or Conquest. Hotwire is a cool mode.

The only botched thing to me is that the game doesn't save your class setups, so you have to continually keep fixing it up. I'm sure Visceral will fix it up before launch, seeing how good the beta is so far.

• Like 1

Played it for around 7 hours now and it's epic! The game is as beautiful as BF4. Conquest is cooler than ever, Hotwire is an awesome new mode and Heist is pretty fun too. The maps are pretty cool and the new vehicles are absolutely great! Instant-buy for me when it releases in about a month from now!

Played for a few hours (got to level 15 or 16, I believe) and I really enjoy the game. The heist map heavily favors the Police, in my opinion, but overall I enjoyed the game modes as well as gameplay in general. I also really think Visceral has a chance to make a fantastic single player experience with Hardline, if they pull that off I may pick it up when it releases. 

Parker

I love the beta. Too bad it ends today. :( Hotwire is the best gamemode that Battlefield has had IMO. It sucks that the statistics on your account doesn't save to the full game. Oh well, I'm still gonna buy it and play it a lot. :)

I'm at lvl 104 with 5.43 KD. My stats

My Hats off to you

I ruined my ~4 KD as I was trying to snipe a bit ...  :|

Could you tell me which weapons & classes you had prefered?

Best thing i did was road killing while the radio music played "KRS One - Sound of da police" lolololol

I also got the secret reload of the RPG on Heist, pretty badass imo. I kept reloading every time i killed 1 but nothing, that RPG reload was pure luck i guess :3

Lol those hidden reloads are 1 in 10,000 I think, super rare and funny.

I love the beta. Too bad it ends today. :( Hotwire is the best gamemode that Battlefield has had IMO. It sucks that the statistics on your account doesn't save to the full game. Oh well, I'm still gonna buy it and play it a lot. :)

I'm at lvl 104 with 5.43 KD. My stats

I was going to say leveling up seemed to be pretty fast since I got to level 19 in two nights but then I saw this comment. If you're at level 104 I totally understand you wish to keep your levels.

I think Hotwire was pretty lame and judging by beta overall I say I'd spend a 20 for this, not more.