JUST BOUGHT ME A VITA

UPAxGUNxGRAVE

Best games:

Persona 4 Golden - it's a safe bet, the game is one of the best RPGs of the last 10 years;

Sly Cooper Trilogy and Sly 4 - good platformers, worth the purchase. The ports are well done;

Uncharted Golden Abyss - I think it's better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It's not as good as UC2 and UC3, but is better than UC1 and that is already awesome;

Gravity Rush - a good TPP game, you will have some fun playing with gravity, a cool game;

Tearaway - pure awesomeness! Such games come so rarely, that it's a crime to miss them. The game is an instant classic and will be remembered for generations to come;

Killzone: Mercenary - by far the best FPS game on Vita. The graphics are incredible, they challenge PS3 games, the campaign is among the best in KZ franchise, has nice replayability, an awesome game in short  :)

Guacamelee - a mandatory purchase! Great Metroidvania;

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - another great and funny indie platformer;

Rayman Origins and Legends - both great games that look gorgeous on the OLED screen and imo fit a handheld better than a TV;

Hotline Miami - a great indie game;

Little Big Planet Vita - absolutely the best game in the series;

Need For Speed: Most Wanted - a great racer, the best you can get on a handheld;

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - a full-scale AC game on Vita, has some bugs, but it's still very impressive;

Borderlands 2 - just what it says on the cover :-)

FIFA - it doesn't matter which one you buy, it's the same game with updated squads and jersey's (literarly - it's exactly the same game every year, not like on a home console, where they do change some stuff, it's just re-skinning  :( ), so just pick the cheapest one  :P FIFA 13 is probably the best, as it's cheap and has some minor upgrades when comparing to the older FIFA: Football. Still - great, fun and very well executed football games, the best you can get on the go   :)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD - great games;

Lone Survivor - a Silent Hill in 2D  :)

Freedom Wars - a good looking hunting game. The last big game from Sony...

Child of Light - cute short RPG from Ubisoft

Football Manager 2014 - by far the best football manager you'll get on the go.

Good games:

Ys: Memories of Celceta (a cool hack&slash), Soul Sacrifice Delta (a very well written hunting game), Thomas Was Alone (charming indie), Stranger's Wrath (a really good FPS with a long and interesting single player campaign), Telltale games, Unit 13 - a good TPP shooter, History: Legends of War (if you want a turn strategy game), Muramasa Rebirth (an incredibly beautiful h&s/platformer), Batman: Blackgate (a good 2.5D platformer), Danganronpa 1 and 2 and Virtue's Last Reward (these are great visual novels with trial and mystery solving elements - if you like such games, you will love them, I did), Mind=0 (a dungeon crawler jRPG, looks a bit like a Persona rip-off  ;) ), Tales of Hearts R (a good jRPG), Demon Gaze (another good jRPG), Conception II (a good RPG, also if you like rubbing sexy girls...  ;) ), Atelier series (a series of cute jRPGs), Dokuro (a very well received title), Deception IV (a game where you're the devil setting up traps for adventurers exploring your dungeon - a well executed game), Wip3out (a very good futuristic racer)... Playstation All-Star Battle Royale (a fighter, kinda a Smash-clone) And a great number of other games...  :)

Avoid:

Resistance (though it's not really THAT bad, it's just average), CoD: Declassified (terrible, avoid at all cost!), Spy Hunter (it's a port from 3DS... yuck!), Jak & Daxter (the port job is awful, the framerate kills the fun - just play it on PS3), God of War (the port is of an average quality, just play it on PS3).

Have fun! :-)

• Like 1

• MURAMASA REBIRTH

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd 

Sound Shapes

Tearaway

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Flower

Rayman Origins

Guacamelee!

Ragnarok Odyssey

Persona 4 Golden

GRAVITY RUSH

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Edited by Aexuz

Here's some of my favorites. To keep the list down, I'll just do 5 per category, starting with exclusives, because that's why you got the Vita, right?

Vita Exclusives

1. Muramasa Rebirth
  2. Tales of Hearts R
  3. Ys: Memories of Celceta
  4. Gravity Rush
  5. Soul Sacrifice Delta

And also, there are some great PSP games you can get on Vita. They don't have trophies, but they're great games none-the-less.

PSP Games

1. Ys The Oath in Felghana
  2. God Eater Burst
  3. Black Rock Shooter
  4. Persona 2 Innocent Sin
  5. Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?

Lastly, here are a few multiplatform games. To get the most out of the Vita, I'd suggest getting some of the above first, as these are playable on other systems.

Multiplatform Games

1. Rogue Legacy
  2. Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
  3. Dragon's Crown
  4. Project DIVA f
  5. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

I just recently got a Vita too and I love how some people say its not worth putting money down on.  I love my Vita to death already!  But yeah, all the games people listed are pretty much go-to games for the Vita, especially Neptunia, Atelier, and MGS 2 and 3.

Edited by Tail Red
  • Like 1

Pretty much was going to list a majority of the games that other people have mentioned, and here are some others that people might have forgotten about:

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (I think it is available for the vita as well, not 100% sure on this)

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Senran Kagura Bon Appetit!

Criminal Girls Invite Only

Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart (will be released later this month)

Toukiden: Age of Demons

God of War Collection

XBLAZE Code: Embryo

Dragon's Crown

Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Telltale''s The Walking Dead

Rogue Legacy

Freedom Wars

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot about 2 awesome PSP games: Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Edited by GarciaFever

Thank you Blanc. I knew that it also came out for the other 2 consolesbut wasn't entirely sure, so I went to check my collection of vita game that I own physically, and there it was... unopened...

Not a problem, I've done that too, I got FF XIII on PS3 for Christmas last year, still haven't touched it yet.

As for more recommendations for the OP;

• Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable (Digital only) (A fun little third-person shooter that basically parodies alien b-movies, complete with intentionally sub-par voice acting)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Plus (One of the few fighting games on the Vita, it has the same content as Dead or Alive 5, but with a few additional modes)
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Picture your average Monster Hunter-esque game, but with a distinctly Japanese setting)
  • Magical Beat (Digital only) (I'd only suggest this if you like games similar to Columns, as it's pretty much that, with the exception of having to match your drops to the beat of the music)
  • Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA f & Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA F 2nd (Multi-platform) (Very challenging rhythm games, but still very enjoyable)
  • Rogue Legacy (Digital only) (Multi-platform) (Cross buy) (A Metroid-vania style game with a randomly generated castle to explore, surprisingly fun too)