So, who picked it up for free?

Wade_VC

I did and have been playing it for some hours, love these games - but for this one I'm a bit meh - the online trophies are in some cases close to impossible, there are a few that boosting can't help you with, so will proberly never get platinum in this game and taht sucks.

//WhiteWolf

I bought it on release day a little over a year ago, and I downloaded it for free so just in case I'm too lazy to take my current game out of the PS3 and but my Shift 2 disc in, I can play it from the HDD. :lol:

I'm not sure if my profile from the disc version will load into the HDD version, although I see no reason why it wouldn't.

As for the game itself, I think it's fantastic. It takes a while to get used to the weird physics but once you do it's great fun. The A.I. is absolutely useless and has never really given me a challenge, and the online play was even worse when I tried it (although it was new and all the morons were out in full force to plow you in the corners) but the singleplayer racing is fantastic even without competent competition. The sounds in the game are great (even though the tranny whine is extremely overdone, especially on street cars where you'd never hear gear whine) and I'm personally a big fan of the helmet cam.

If anyone wants to try and play online feel free to shoot me a request and we can try to work something out.

Parker

• Like 1

the online trophies are in some cases close to impossible, there are a few that boosting can't help you with, so will proberly never get platinum in this game and taht sucks
Which trophies are you talking about exactly? None of the online trophies are "close to impossible" at all. The only "annoying" one would be Notorious - achieved by spending a total of 10 hours in the online mode of the game.

EDIT: And, yes - I picked it up for free through PS+. Really enjoying it!

I have plus, and I may download it. Only reason I hesitate is because I know that them offering this game for free is only an effort to stimulate the purchase of its overpriced DLC. I don't know if I want to buy into that scheme.

The answer is very simple: Get the free game and don't buy the DLC. I have the free game and am loving it!

1. I'm not sure if my profile from the disc version will load into the HDD version, although I see no reason why it wouldn't.

2. If anyone wants to try and play online feel free to shoot me a request and we can try to work something out.

1. Yeah, your times are there and I have been chasing them...a few are now bumped down! :yay:

2. Shoot yeah Parker, if you see me playing, shoot me a invite, or I'll do the same.

So does this game have really hard online trophies....?....I wouldn't wanna play it if I'd not be able to plat it eventually.....

I wouldn't consider them "hard" per se, but it will take some time. Unfortunately you would be missing out on a great game if not earning a Platinum is the only reason for not playing it. Just goes to show, far too many are playing the trophies, not the game.

I downloaded it but didn't like what i saw when i played my first race. Ill get into it no doubt because i loved the first Shift.

Don't judge it by the first few races (which are basically training sessions anyway). Once you get into the heart of the game, it is a total blast!

• Like 4

I wouldn't consider them "hard" per se, but it will take some time. Unfortunately you would be missing out on a great game if not earning a Platinum is the only reason for not playing it. Just goes to show, far too many are playing the trophies, not the game.

True though I have a lot of games I'd want to play and not enough time to play all of them so I'd rather play the games I know I could plat....its a way of narrowing down the choices....plus I didn't like most of the games after Underground 2.... :P

i picked it up but i don't normally play those types of games... its more for when there is a zombie apocalypse and its the only working game in the world that is playable...

I pick up every free game to at least make sure it goes into my downloads in case i want it for later...

I suck at sports games, FPS, and racing games... so that basically leaves me with platformers and RPGs...

So does this game have really hard online trophies....?....I wouldn't wanna play it if I'd not be able to plat it eventually.....

The only "difficult" online trophy would be the one to spend 10 hours racing online. If you get a good group of guys together it is a really fun trophy to get (I have it on my GTPlanet PSN Profile) but if you're with a bunch of randoms it can be quite frustrating because you'll be run off the road by idiots all the time. If we got a group of PSNPers together it could be great fun.

Parker

but if you're with a bunch of randoms it can be quite frustrating because you'll be run off the road by idiots all the time.

Just amazing, isn't it? I'd say a good 85% of all the randoms I have played have this game confused with Mario Kart....fucking idiots.

Which trophies are you talking about exactly? None of the online trophies are "close to impossible" at all. The only "annoying" one would be Notorious - achieved by spending a total of 10 hours in the online mode of the game.

EDIT: And, yes - I picked it up for free through PS+. Really enjoying it!

The ladder one, since you can't boost that in anyway and if you loose just one race it's all the way back to the start. So yeah, this one will be close to impossible.

Just amazing, isn't it? I'd say a good 85% of all the randoms I have played have this game confused with Mario Kart....fucking idiots.

LOL, the AI will do the same, one race, leading all the way to fourth lap and suddenly one of the AI cars decided to bump me in the rear, spun out an had to restart. Only done one online race and was bumped immidiatly by my opponent, so gave that up.

//WhiteWolf

LOL, the AI will do the same, one race, leading all the way to fourth lap and suddenly one of the AI cars decided to bump me in the rear, spun out an had to restart. Only done one online race and was bumped immidiatly by my opponent, so gave that up.

//WhiteWolf

Yeah, there is no doubt that the AI can at times be "cheap" as I too have had this happen on more than one occasion.

I had the same experience(s) online as well. On one Driver Duel, as soon as the light turned green, the idiot ran me off the track first thing. Forget trying to make a turn on the other tracks with some of these brain-trusts, as they will also ram you off the road. I realize bumps happen, but one can easily tell the difference between a "honest" bump and a outright, purposeful bashing.