Have you ever restarted and created a new profile?

lysyk13

Never will do, never had to.

So, People are asking me for my country anyway, because I wrote AT instead of AUT in my ID (dont see the problem here? o_o) ... meh... but just because of that Im not going to restart.

My former buddys are laughing at me because Im playing just childgames in their opinion... meh... but just because of that Im not going to restart.

Sure. The PSN account I now use is an example of how I restarted - and I'm also going for more challenge on this account. And luckily I was able to purchase back all my Vita games due to good PSN sales/deals.

I'm ultimately happy I started a new PSN account, sure... I lost over 50 platinums... But I don't care, they were all mostly easy trash anyways. However I'm now able to use an ID I'm happy with, and already have attained more ultra rare trophies than my old account. I'm also aiming to maintain 100% trophy completion. And I just find it a good feeling starting fresh, be it with anything.

But If you do start a new account, just make sure you're going to be happy with it to prevent yourself from feeling how you do now in the future.

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

I've done it a couple times to change PSN name (Sony really need to let us do that regardless!)

Although both those times were before I was interested in trophies and as such I had very few. I wouldn't do it again now that I've got loads though, I want to keep them, they are a part of my gaming history and I like keeping that.

If you feel like doing it, then do it.

I've restarted a couple of times just because I didn't like the name or wanted to change it (Sony really needs to give us the option to change our name like Xbox does).

I was into trophies before, so I lost a bunch of plats, but after I discovered PSNProfiles, I restarted again and said to myself: This is it! This account will ultimately be my trophy hunting account!

I did last year actually! My original profile was from when the ps3 first released. I tried a lot of games and had a lot of 0-10%s that were from games I found boring or recommended by friends that I didn't like. I'm kind of a lazy perfectionist so I HATED leaving anything unfinished, but I really didn't want (or couldn't since some of the games I sold) to go back and play games I didn't like for the sake of it. I was frustrated so I decided to restart. And I'm actually really happy I did! 

It's kind of been an impetus to really get back into gaming. I've played a lot of great games in the last year and a lot more than I have in previous years. It's been a lot of fun tracking my progress on here, and my PSNID is a lot more personal now too. 

This is my second account. I had many trophies on my other account, a couple platinums and had many unlocks in different games singleplayer / multiplayer. I made this new account mainly because I didn't really like the name (which is a pretty stupid reason thinking about it now...) and because I wanted to re-play some of my old games and earn the trophies again.

I did last year actually! My original profile was from when the ps3 first released. I tried a lot of games and had a lot of 0-10%s that were from games I found boring or recommended by friends that I didn't like. I'm kind of a lazy perfectionist so I HATED leaving anything unfinished, but I really didn't want (or couldn't since some of the games I sold) to go back and play games I didn't like for the sake of it. I was frustrated so I decided to restart. And I'm actually really happy I did! 

It's kind of been an impetus to really get back into gaming. I've played a lot of great games in the last year and a lot more than I have in previous years. It's been a lot of fun tracking my progress on here, and my PSNID is a lot more personal now too. 

Yup that's was exactly my situation!

I started trophy hunting on January 2014 with my old and almost never used PSN ID “Quidin”. I really like this name. So I used this PSN ID instead of making a new one.

Months later I discovered this trophy tracking site by accident. As I looked at my profile on this site, I realized that if I had made a new PSN ID back in the day, my new profile would look way better than my current one. As an example, my first trophies had no timestamps.

But now I have so much achieved with this PSN ID. Making a new would mean that I´ll loose all my rented games, trophy progress and time I put in this account. All that would be meaningless.

Also I do not have a good name for a secondary profile.

So I´m waiting for a “trophy deleting” feature and keep playing with my good old PSN ID “Quidin”.

Edited by Quidin

I almost have but for the amount of platinums is achieved by the time I realized how bad my ID is, Ive had 2 accounts before this, both of which I reatarted to join a "clan" where we all have the same style gamer tag I.e killer_unicorn12 killer_kitten12 etc. kick myself for that to this day.