Have you ever restarted and created a new profile?

lysyk13

Restarted once but not because of trophies...it was a tense decision and I hesitate a lot because I had quite some time dedicated to my old account and some hard games completed.But yes I did restarted once and will never do it again...this time no mistakes with ma account.

• 4 weeks later...

I never thought of restarting because I like using my profile as tracker of all games I've played so far, since 2010! Wow time flies.

Whenever I feel like it I go back to some games and try and improve my % completion a bit. But I wouldn't throw away my profile just because of completion - my PSN has several games I really like whose platinums/100% can't even be replicated anymore (unobtainable, or just traded away/sold the games) so I have to stick to it. Heck I would guess over a hundred of my trophies are online that can't be obtained today due to server shutdowns.

I say just keep the current profile and focus on slowly working your % completion up, via playing some easier games, being more persistant towards 100% games or going back to ones at low %.

Edited by Guimace

• 3 months later...

Yes this is my newest account if we don't consider my USA account. I created this because in the old one some hackers gave me 2billions on GTA V and I didn't want to ruin my GTA Online experience so I waited until the money glitches got patched and I started playing with this, I'm level 324 now and if it wasn't for the hackers I would be at around 360levels I think

Nope. I know my name sucks and I still have all of my brother's old platinums and incomplete games (which I've since hidden), but I'm not beginning again just because of it. My own platinums are still there and that's what I care about.

On two occasions, both for the simple reason: I got sick of my PSN ID. This was before I got serious about trophies however (I only had 2 platinum trophies) so in your situation, if your thinking about doing it your probably better off just doing it otherwise its gonna keep bothering you, not that I understand why. 

• 4 months later...

I've been in your shoes - this is my second restart. Here are some pointers:

* First off, do PLENTY of research on a game before you jump in. Be sure that you can handle getting the silver trophies before you get in, because otherwise you are going to hate yourself and never finish that trophy list. I regret LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 because they require a lot of online trophies. I like the games but not the stuff you have to do to get the platinums.

* Second, don't beat yourself up if you can't get a platinum right away. Sometimes you need a day or two to break off, do something else, and get rid of any frustration you have before you attempt the trophies again. A little salt and rage will motivate you to push harder, but too much frustration is bad and makes you make mistakes.

* Finally, the unthinkable can happen - servers shut down forever, making a platinum impossible; you admit defeat at getting a trophy; or just something goes pear-shaped. Don't hurt yourself over it. Just move on.

I wish you luck in your next endeavors.

• Like 1

I did it once, my family is from Colombia, I'm living in Colombia and I buy the PS3 in 2013. I did it with Colombia but I started to find some PSN Cards in Euros to buy my currently avatar (Sephirot). Sadly, here in Colombia, people only sell PSN Cards with dollars. For that reason they recommended me to create a new one with USA. I did it in 17/4/2014. For now I have 33 platinums. 

Edited by Pottercito_

Nope, and I never plan on doing so.

I've said this before, but I think your profile should be a reflection of you as a gamer. Of the games you've played and of what you've been able to accomplish in those games. All of those games. Just restarting just makes your entire gaming identity a lie, and I can't imagine it being very satisfying seeing a high completion, when you know you've played other games and couldn't beat them. Ultimately, like I said, it's just a big lie that you're telling yourself, and others.

That's one of the biggest reasons that when I see a 90%-100% profile, I'm usually unimpressed. There are legitimate high completion profiles, but many of them are completely fake. Full of easy games that the person chose through a screening process. Anyone can plat a game that they find easy, and anyone can get a 100% profile doing so. That's why it's just not impressive. However, if I see a 30% profile with a bunch of UR plats and hard games, I'm generally very impressed.

Zzz Load of rubbish lol. Edited by Jehnuhsis

I used to be Cheezburgrs, but I started this one a while back and I don't regret it. I didn't really have too much connection to that old account besides it being my first PSN (I stopped being sentimental about it long ago). I also wanted a different alias (Cheezbuger memes? Really?) and a fresh trophy start was just a bonus.