No More Milking

coldkillaaaaaaaa

What franchise would you guys like to see a slowing of sequels, or maybe just stop the series entirely....this can just be whether you're tired of seeing the series, the quality has dropped due to excessive milking, there's no need for another sequel, etc..whatever reason you may have.

Here's mine:

Milking Creed(- It seems Ubisoft has taken the Activision route with their flagship Ip, I remember hearing an interview way back when Ac2 was in development, that Ubisoft was only going to make 3 games for Ac, so much for that

Call of Trash: Modern advanced future cyborg world warfare 100!!- This really isn't that surprising seeing as how Activision is pretty infamous for milking Ips to death, what is interesting is how this series continues to sell so enormously, even people who claim to vehemently hate this game, still buy the next sequel, it's mind blowing

Hyperdimension Neptunia- While this series certainly hasn't been milked as bad as the previous two, it's beginning to head in that direction, and fans still clamor for every title, even the ones who have previously decried triple AAA companies for milking, just because it's niche or Japanese, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the same treatment

Don't kill me for that last one, but anyways your turn

• Like 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia- While this series certainly hasn't been milked as bad as the previous two, it's beginning to head in that direction, and fans still clamor for every title, even the ones who have previously decried triple AAA companies for milking, just because it's niche or Japanese, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the same treatment

11008604_605106346301033_867679008428966

Lets see... Nep-games cost 50% or 33% of an AAA, has no naggy multiplayer, no Seasonpass and has spinoffs which are basicly other games just with the same name, while AC always AC is and CoD always CoD is ... Nope Sir, cant see a milking there. :)

Basicly we can say, there are just THREE Nepgames. One is in production (PS4). SpinOffs dont count theoretically, because come one, Noire-SpinOff is something different, right? Idol-Spinoff is also something different, right? DynastyWarrior-Spinoff is also something different. They just share the name. ... problem? :)

Edited by Neputyunu

11008604_605106346301033_867679008428966

Lets see... Nep-games cost 50% or 33% of an AAA, has no naggy multiplayer, no Seasonpass and has spinoffs which are basicly other games just with the same name, while AC always AC is and CoD always CoD is ... Nope Sir, cant see a milking there. :)

Basicly we can say, there are just THREE Nepgames. One is in production (PS4). SpinOffs dont count theoretically, because come one, Noire-SpinOff is something different, right? Idol-Spinoff is also something different, right? DynastyWarrior-Spinoff is also something different. They just share the name. ... problem? :)

You forgot the porting of the same games from PS3 to PS Vita and I bet you they will do a Re:rebirth for those games again for the PS4. Cause easy money you know.

To be fair the re;birth games are really different from the ps3 version. The story is different, new gameplay mechanics, new characters. Not to mention the first game (re;birth 1) looks like a totally different game. 

But honestly, i can see where you're coming from. They are making a lot of sequels/spin offs off the series, a bit too much for some i assume. Not to mention they really need to update their character models/dungeon models/weapon models etc etc since they are basically the same since mk2.

But as a loyal fan, i still buy every release (sometimes even the LE). Because i still enjoy each game. 

Which kinda brings me to my point. I honestly don't mind milking. I love sequels (to be fair my most anticipated games of 2015 are sequels). I love to get another part of a story with the characters i love, in the universe i've spend so many hours in. And if you get bored of the franchise, just stop buying the games. Developers will notice when fans don't like their games anymore, and they will try other things. After all their game needs to sell.

• Like 2

I'd like them to maybe throttle back a little on the Assassin's Creed sequels, because at this point in the series continuity they're literally raping Desmond's corpse. No seriously, the backstory now is that the genetic material needed to access the ancestral memories after Assassin's Creed III was scraped off Desmond Miles' corpse.

Seriously though, I really don't care. I just wanted a chance to finally use the "literally raping Desmond's corpse" joke I've been holding back on for awhile now.

Edited by damon8r351

Wait wait wait, I have a legitimate answer, all those fucking NBA and Madden and FIFA games they churn out every year with minor crap changed. It's a sports game, how much does sports change over a year that you feel the need to make an updated sequel to bring everyone up to speed? Rosters change, yes, but put that out in a patch or software update. I know they can, I've seen em do it. They couldn't yank Ray Rice out of Madden fast enough through an update after the NFL finally decided to do something about him beating his wife.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

I really dislike this term "milking". If a game is fun, who cares if the games come out yearly? AC 2, Brotherhood and Rev have all been fun, and I would love some of my favourite series to be yearly. Tomb Raider, Sly, Jak, Ratchet, Prince of Persia.

What's wrong with having more to play?

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one said Sonic the Hedgehog. Jeez, talk about a money milker... The quality has gone down tremendously the past several years and their last game (sonic boom) was the worst selling Sonic game of all time! I think it's time for change or go back to the roots that made this once storied franchise shine in the first place.

Very much depends on the game series. If it's an offline game where each game is good, I'm all for it. If the games probably would have been better if they weren't released as often, then I'd prefer that, but that's hard to tell, especially if different development teams work on the different titles. I think it's much worse with a game that is focused on the online. What it usually means is that they kill off the online for the previous game. When there is little new actual content, this is kind of pointless and ruins the previous game for no good reason. This usually only serve to put more money into the pocket of the publisher. It's even worse when they try to sell you more of the content you already bought previous game in terms of it being in the main game or through a DLC, as DLC. I avoid that kind of games. They may earn more money doing it, but hopefully they lose money through less customers in the long run.

Edited by MMDE

Call of Duty has been the best it's been in years recently, and Assassin's Creed is entirely dependent on scope, engine and setting. Assassin's Creed 4 was one of the best, an unity may have had engine problems, but I'm willing to wager that the Victorian Era AC Victory releasing this year will be much better.

I don't think many games are milked. A yearly update in sports games seems reasonable to me, but only if they introduce worthy features. That said, Madden and WWE have downgraded since their last installments, and are just being milked.

EDIT: 

I'd like them to maybe throttle back a little on the Assassin's Creed sequels, because at this point in the series continuity they're literally raping Desmond's corpse. No seriously, the backstory now is that the genetic material needed to access the ancestral memories after Assassin's Creed III was scraped off Desmond Miles' corpse.

Seriously though, I really don't care. I just wanted a chance to finally use the "literally raping Desmond's corpse" joke I've been holding back on for awhile now.

I'd like to change my answer to this actually. Assassin's Creed is having a bit of an identity crisis, it seems Ubisoft want to scale back the modern parts, but don't want to upset fans. So many things haven't been answered yet (E.g Desmond + Juno), and instead we've been given other new things to add to the pile of 'unresolved twists' such as the whole 'sages' debacle. No point in adding new plot devices if you won't tie up your old ones Ubisoft :(.

Edited by Saltyie

People need something to complain about. A bitching gamer is a happy one in my experience.

Are you sure? That sounds so unlogical for me... 

I mean...

In my country - and the neighbour country which uses the same language - you get bitched the whole day. Its even a clichee ... uhm.. no wait, a clichee would be when everyone says it but it isnt true, right? ... How to say... uhm... It seems, bitching around is part of the mentality from my (and the neighbour)country.

Someone who understands german can quickcheck some german FB-sites... seriously. EVERY Topic proofs it.

It doenst matter if its Newspaper, Gamingssite, Techsite, Sciencesite, TVSite, Funsite... People are bitching around everywhere.

This is why I prefer english sites. :) I dont want to sink in this stupid german 24/7-cry/hate-river. ... Who needs german anyway? Wish I can trade in my languageskills, I mean, its my mothertongue and I dont need it... o_o

People dont look happy for me ... Im afraid of them, really, Im just leaving the house when I must. Maybe Im unemployed for ever ...

And you know what? Im more afraid from "my own people" than from muslims, society is making to terrorists. Today Im even afraid of Women. ... Na, not because shyness or else, because of feminazism!

The best part of my life is <sarcasm> when I as physically male have longer hair - I like longer hair! Its going over the shoulders <3^_^ - and Im too lazy to shave my beard off (why this unrelevant shit is re-growing? T_T and Im home most of the time, so why I should?), everyone thinks Im muslim too and is bitching me ... I never saw a whiteskinned and blueeyed muslim, but yeah... but "my own people" are bitching at me and say stuff like I should go where I came from (but I am...) or go outside from their line of sight or they would kill me because Im just riffraff...

... stupid nazis... event cant see "their own people" xD

But, these people are not happy imo ... If they where, I must not be afraid of them, right? RIGHT? °o°

Also, I never throw a controller against TV or other stuff. But Im happy :)

Also I found photos from people who are, but are reeeeally unhappy ... 

11005973_614735258658579_1972801661_n.jp

11004687_614735298658575_816674171_n.jpg

See? SEE? :D

Good that we are in the OffTopic-section, I mean... in an other section probably I would receive warning points for...

But here probably not... I mean ... OffTopic in the OffTopic section? Come on... xD

on topic:

And Im happy to get "milked" by Neptune, if you know what I mean  :awesome:

na, just kidding... These game simply dont get boring for me.

Also AC doesnt.

But as you can see, I never played BF or CoD or other stuff. Because Im not interested in.

Means, as long as Im interested in Neps and AC, it doesnt "milk" me, right?

But I must admit I never would buy AC on release. Its their own fault... expensive as craparonie AND Seasonpass? Go and nep yourself, you meanies! ò_ó

You forgot the porting of the same games from PS3 to PS Vita and I bet you they will do a Re:rebirth for those games again for the PS4. Cause easy money you know.

Sorry my friend, they are not ports. A port is, the same game 1:1 on an other plattform, right?

Then tell me why the story is different on Vita? Why the ending is different and was unexpected?

Why it is Noire, who hated Neptune probably the most, the first of the other CPUs who joined the party?

And why there was a consolewar on PS3?

Edited by Neputyunu

I really dislike this term "milking". If a game is fun, who cares if the games come out yearly? AC 2, Brotherhood and Rev have all been fun, and I would love some of my favourite series to be yearly. Tomb Raider, Sly, Jak, Ratchet, Prince of Persia.

What's wrong with having more to play?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having more to play, but wouldn't you much rather have quality over quantity, I don't mind sequels such as in how Rockstar approaches them, but yearly (sometimes even less) sequels, just degrade in quality with each subsequent release, and millions of people line up to buy this lower quality game showing the publisher that they can get away with half assed games, that's whats wrong with milking.  

Wouldn't bother me any if they stopped making Assassin's Creed even though I have all the main games up to this point. I don't buy them every year or if I don't wait for a price drop on them not going to spend $60 on games that come out every year.

Doesn't help that I bought Rogue last year and Unity just recently.

Call of Duty and the NBA titles. I agree that quality has dropped due to this.

And I don't know if this counts as milking, but there are too many damn colors of Pokemon games, I don't even know which to buy! :P

You racist fuck.

Are you sure? That sounds so unlogical for me... 

I mean...

In my country - and the neighbour country which uses the same language - you get bitched the whole day. Its even a clichee ... uhm.. no wait, a clichee would be when everyone says it but it isnt true, right? ... How to say... uhm... It seems, bitching around is part of the mentality from my (and the neighbour)country.

Someone who understands german can quickcheck some german FB-sites... seriously. EVERY Topic proofs it.

It doenst matter if its Newspaper, Gamingssite, Techsite, Sciencesite, TVSite, Funsite... People are bitching around everywhere.

This is why I prefer english sites. :) I dont want to sink in this stupid german 24/7-cry/hate-river. ... Who needs german anyway? Wish I can trade in my languageskills, I mean, its my mothertongue and I dont need it... o_o

People dont look happy for me ... Im afraid of them, really, Im just leaving the house when I must. Maybe Im unemployed for ever ...

And you know what? Im more afraid from "my own people" than from muslims, society is making to terrorists. Today Im even afraid of Women. ... Na, not because shyness or else, because of feminazism!

The best part of my life is <sarcasm> when I as physically male have longer hair - I like longer hair! Its going over the shoulders <3^_^ - and Im too lazy to shave my beard off (why this unrelevant shit is re-growing? T_T and Im home most of the time, so why I should?), everyone thinks Im muslim too and is bitching me ... I never saw a whiteskinned and blueeyed muslim, but yeah... but "my own people" are bitching at me and say stuff like I should go where I came from (but I am...) or go outside from their line of sight or they would kill me because Im just riffraff...

... stupid nazis... event cant see "their own people" xD

But, these people are not happy imo ... If they where, I must not be afraid of them, right? RIGHT? °o°

Also, I never throw a controller against TV or other stuff. But Im happy :)

Also I found photos from people who are, but are reeeeally unhappy ... 

11005973_614735258658579_1972801661_n.jp

11004687_614735298658575_816674171_n.jpg

See? SEE? :D

Good that we are in the OffTopic-section, I mean... in an other section probably I would receive warning points for...

But here probably not... I mean ... OffTopic in the OffTopic section? Come on... xD

on topic:

And Im happy to get "milked" by Neptune, if you know what I mean  :awesome:

na, just kidding... These game simply dont get boring for me.

Also AC doesnt.

But as you can see, I never played BF or CoD or other stuff. Because Im not interested in.

Means, as long as Im interested in Neps and AC, it doesnt "milk" me, right?

But I must admit I never would buy AC on release. Its their own fault... expensive as craparonie AND Seasonpass? Go and nep yourself, you meanies! ò_ó

Sorry my friend, they are not ports. A port is, the same game 1:1 on an other plattform, right?

Then tell me why the story is different on Vita? Why the ending is different and was unexpected?

Why it is Noire, who hated Neptune probably the most, the first of the other CPUs who joined the party?

And why there was a consolewar on PS3?

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Personally, I couldn't care less about "milking" games. If I enjoy a game in a series, I'll buy that game. If yearly releases make it so the games development is affected, I won't purchase the game until it is patched.

I do think that the term "milked" gets thrown away way too often though. I've heard people claim that Sony is miking Gran Turismo when they only release two games per console generation. 

Parker

• Like 2

[...] but yearly (sometimes even less) sequels, just degrade in quality with each subsequent release, and millions of people line up to buy this lower quality game showing the publisher that they can get away with half assed games, that's whats wrong with milking.  

Then tell me why every Nepgame gets better ... :P

Compare the PS3 Versions eg... there it was clearly visable.

Which AAA I must play to see this level of improvement?

You racist fuck.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Personally, I couldn't care less about "milking" games. If I enjoy a game in a series, I'll buy that game. If yearly releases make it so the games development is affected, I won't purchase the game until it is patched.

I do think that the term "milked" gets thrown away way too often though. I've heard people claim that Sony is miking Gran Turismo when they only release two games per console generation. 

Parker

I'm not sure why but that picture just keeps making me laugh after that long ass rant, it was just so perfect, and I agree that the term milking does get thrown around a lot unnecessarily