Add 'Rarest Platinum' to Milestones?

If none of your rarest trophies are a platinum then you didn't really work your ass off to get it, now did you?

No, we already show your 5 rarest trophies and we can put whatever trophies we like in our cabinets. I think that is enough spots to show off rarest.

You're wrong and here's why. 

You could boost secret ponchos for example and pick up a few trophies on injustice but not finish it..

Then work your ass of to get the shadow warrior platinum. 

No one's gonna see it though because the it won't show up on the rarest trophies. 

I actually want to see this implemented, it'll be handy to check out peoples bragging rights lol.  

• Like 2

You're wrong and here's why. 

You could boost secret ponchos for example and pick up a few trophies on injustice but not finish it..

Then work your ass of to get the shadow warrior platinum. 

No one's gonna see it though because the it won't show up on the rarest trophies. 

I actually want to see this implemented, it'll be handy to check out peoples bragging rights lol.  

But you can show that nice platinum in your cabinet

While I get where you're going with this, I have to agree with the others.  Your example is technically correct, but if you have a 0.55% plat like Shadow Warrior and a few rarer non-plats from a game like Secret Ponchos, I'm pretty sure displaying that Ultra Rare plat in your trophy case will make most people assume it is your rarest plat.  On top of that, if you have a bunch of UR trophies that are under half a percent rarity, that's pretty damn impressive all on its own, and I wouldn't really sweat it if people didn't drool over your UR plat.

With that said, I definitely wouldn't mind more 'bragging rights' on my profile, though I don't really brag much about my rarest plat and might actually be tempted to find a better one if this idea was adopted, lol.

Sure, but there's no way of knowing that that's your rarest just from seeing it in the cabinet.

No but people will know it is your most impressive or at least the one you are most proud of.

EA Sports Active 2 is my rarest plat which means i have to keep showing that off instead of games like 3D Dot Game Heroes, Resistance 2 or other plats I am actually a lot more proud of. At least Mortal Kombat finally broke into the Rarest trophies but still, rarity doesn't mean difficult.

(P.S - I know it isn't much of a milestone, but neither is 'fastest platinum', so...)

neither of these are really milestone worthy, but you can see someone's rarest by either looking at their rarest trophies section or doing a couple clicks into the trophy log. there isn't really any other convenient way to see their fastest.

neither of these are really milestone worthy, but you can see someone's rarest by either looking at their rarest trophies section or doing a couple clicks into the trophy log. there isn't really any other convenient way to see their fastest.

Wich is why we actually need a new order option, order by fastest platinum/100% time. :P

No but people will know it is your most impressive or at least the one you are most proud of.

EA Sports Active 2 is my rarest plat which means i have to keep showing that off instead of games like 3D Dot Game Heroes, Resistance 2 or other plats I am actually a lot more proud of. At least Mortal Kombat finally broke into the Rarest trophies but still, rarity doesn't mean difficult.

Tell me shadow warrior isn't difficult. 

That's a blanket statement and you're completely wrong. 

Sure in some cases rarity doesn't translate to difficult but it some cases it absolutely does. 

Futhermore I've always considered the cabinet to be the place to show off the platinums you're proud of.

We absolutely need a rarest plat milestone, it just makes sense. 

There's a fastest plat, may as well have the rarest one too; it harms nothing and adds a small level of convenience. 

So true, yet not everyone seems to understand this.

That isn't "so true" at all.. it's a blanket statement and completely false. 

In some cases rarity doesn't translate to difficulty, but in some cases it absolutely does. 

I'd maybe accept that most rare platinums that include multiplayer trophies probably aren't as hard as the rarity gives off. 

But platinums that have no multiplayer trophies at all and are still ultra rare are probably quite difficult and rare for a reason. 

Shadow warrior.. injustice and vanquish for example. 

You need skill to get the platinum, saying it's not hard as fuck is just silly. 

Rarity absolutely translates to difficulty in those cases. 

It's not a one size fits all here.

Edited by Humonic

Tell me shadow warrior isn't difficult. 

That's a blanket statement and you're completely wrong. 

Sure in some cases rarity doesn't translate to difficult but it some cases it absolutely does. 

How am I wrong? I said my rarest platinum was EA Sports Active 2 and that will always be my rarest platinum. But I personally think that 3D Dot Game Heroes or Resistance 2 are better platinums to have. That is "rarest" doesn't mean anything and that is why Sly gave us the trophy cabinets.

You keep saying I am wrong but I am actually agreeing with you...sort of.

You said you don't like that other trophies occupy your rarest trophies section and Shadow Warriors should be there instead...fine...but I am saying rare plats aren't always the hardest plats so while you may get Shadow Warriors I am still stuck with EA Sports Active 2 (because that is my rarest trophy and plat). I then said you can put things in your trophy cabinet to show off because rarity doesn't always mean best, but anyone looking at your profile would see Shadow Warriors in your cabinet and say 'damn humonic got the Shadow Warriors platinum' but again you said that I am completely wrong.

So please explain to me where I am wrong because I am really trying to figure out what your problem is. What I think it is is...I want my rarest platinum to show off and to have people know it is my rarest platinum...but I don't want it in my trophy cabinet because people won't know it is my rarest platinum and Shadow Warriors is really hard. Does that sum it up?

How am I wrong? I said my rarest platinum was EA Sports Active 2 and that will always be my rarest platinum. But I personally think that 3D Dot Game Heroes or Resistance 2 are better platinums to have. That is "rarest" doesn't mean anything and that is why Sly gave us the trophy cabinets.

You keep saying I am wrong but I am actually agreeing with you...sort of.

You said you don't like that other trophies occupy your rarest trophies section and Shadow Warriors should be there instead...fine...but I am saying rare plats aren't always the hardest plats so while you may get Shadow Warriors I am still stuck with EA Sports Active 2 (because that is my rarest trophy and plat). I then said you can put things in your trophy cabinet to show off because rarity doesn't always mean best, but anyone looking at your profile would see Shadow Warriors in your cabinet and say 'damn humonic got the Shadow Warriors platinum' but again you said that I am completely wrong.

So please explain to me where I am wrong because I am really trying to figure out what your problem is. What I think it is is...I want my rarest platinum to show off and to have people know it is my rarest platinum...but I don't want it in my trophy cabinet because people won't know it is my rarest platinum and Shadow Warriors is really hard. Does that sum it up?

If shadow warrior wasn't my rarest platinum, it would be in my cabinet, I'd be proud of that so it would be there. 

Your rarest platinum is your rarest platinum regardless of how proud of it you are.. it should be highlighted with a milestone. 

That way in one quick glance I can see your rarest trophies, your rarest platinum and the trophies you're most proud of. 

From what I've seen most peoples rarest trophies consist of really rare bronze trophies, there's no way to see straight away what someone's rarest platinum is, you have to go out of your way to look for it.

Even if you put it in your cabinet there's no way of telling that's your rarest platinum just by seeing it there. 

I don't see the harm in having an extra milestone..

Edited by Humonic

That isn't "so true" at all.. it's a blanket statement and completely false. 

In some cases rarity doesn't translate to difficulty, but in some cases it absolutely does. 

So how is this different from the part I quoted (rarity doesn't mean difficult)? Mayus said the same thing with those 4 words. 

If shadow warrior wasn't my rarest platinum, it would be in my cabinet, I'd be proud of that so it would be there. 

Your rarest platinum is your rarest platinum regardless of how proud of it you are.. it should be highlighted with a milestone. 

That way in one quick glance I can see your rarest trophies, your rarest platinum and the trophies you're most proud of. 

From what I've seen most peoples rarest trophies consist of really rare bronze trophies, there's no way to see straight away what someone's rarest platinum is, you have to go out of your way to look for it.

Even if you put it in your cabinet there's no way of telling that's your rarest platinum just by seeing it there. 

I don't see the harm in having an extra milestone..

Alright, whatever.

I think we should have less milestones but is just me. i want the fastest and 1337 platinum out of there as well and even the 1st trophy (as that is mostly just a missing timestamp trophy).

• Like 2

So how is this different from the part I quoted (rarity doesn't mean difficult)? Mayus said the same thing with those 4 words. 

It varies case by case, mayus said rarity doesn't mean difficulty.. you agreed. 

I disagreed and gave you my reasons why. 

In some cases rarity don't mean difficult and in some cases it absolutely does. 

Alright, whatever.

I think we should have less milestones but is just me. i want the fastest and 1337 platinum out of there as well and even the 1st trophy (as that is mostly just a missing timestamp trophy).

Sure okay, I don't mind them personally. 

It was good talking to you anyway. ;)

It would be a nice way for people to see the hardest you've worked for a platinum. I know we have the 'rarest trophies' section, but if people are anything like me, none of their platinum trophies are actually rare enough to make it onto there. If you've worked your ass off to get an ultra-rare platinum trophy it'd be nice for it to be properly featured, don't you think?

(P.S - I know it isn't much of a milestone, but neither is 'fastest platinum', so...)

Anyway, what do y'all think of this idea?

You need to get rarer platinums if you want them to show up on there. I see your rarest are in 5% range and OlliOlli2's platinim is .95 ;)

I kind of like the idea of rarest plat milestone but it isn't a big deal. My rarest plat isn't my proudest plat. That still goes to Killzone 2. Heck I have a very rare plat that I am more proud of than my rarest plat.

Kind got off subject with proudest plat.

Honestly I would like to have a option to be able to customize milestones. Like Dr. Mayus said I'd remove my first trophy (no timestamp) and the 1337 trophy.

• Like 1

So I like to drop this in here every time milestones are mentioned in the forums:

"Hey, ya know, Sly should add this button at the top-right of the milestones module (similar to the "Large" button for the trophy cabinet) that goes to this really cool milestones page that shows all of your milestones and even ones that aren't shown at the right side of your profile"

:P