Hi everyone! (returning to Playstation)

Raitandrul

Hello everyone, for the last generation of consoles I bought a PS3 (fat 80gb model) and stuck with it from 2010 to 2011. Then I took a different path in gaming and got quite ''addicted'' to CoD multiplayer since 2011 and bought an Xbox 360 Elite model.

Now I've had my dose of Call of Duty (ghosts was ok, but Advanced warfare died really quick) and woud like to focus more on singleplayer videogames like I did in the PS1 and PS2 eras.

Since I sold my fat ps3 years ago I don't remember my username :facepalm: , but it didn't have many trophies, not even 1 platinum. 

Now I want to buy a PS4 but I would like to replay the games I have for the PS3 and try to earn the platinum trophies before moving to the current gen.

The first console I ever played on was my sister's SNES, playing Super Mario Bros All Stars, Asterix, Prince of Persia, Toy Story, Yoshi world and a few others I don't remmeber.

Then I got a PS1 my jaw dropped when I first played some games with beautiful graphics (compared to the SNES), the best ones I have in my collection are Crash Bandicoot 2, Metal gear solid 1, Syphon Filter, Tony hawk, crash team racing, tekken 3, moto gp and Tomb Raider II.

After that the PS2 came and I have little over 170 games for it.

And now, I bought a slim ps3 model and I'm starting my trophy collecting carreer before I move to the current gen and continue gettting trophies there.

:wave:

• Like 2

Hello there, I'm Michael and let me welcome you to PSNP. Hope you have a wonderful time here. If you need help, we can show you some of the finest guides and gaming sessions around. Looking forward seeing you around the forums. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I already used two trophy guides to achieve two platinum trophies, but I see this website doesn't have Trophy Guides to some games, is it because it was an old game?

The gaming sessions seem to be a cool place to find other people to game with, nice!

Welcome to the site :wave:

Hello there my friend, that's an awesome introduction right there! 

If I were to recommend one game for you, the entire God of War series. (6 Games with a 7th in production :D) Now you might have played them a bit seeing as you had 170 PS2 games. But you should totally play them all :)

Thank you, it could be even more thourough (other consoles, tv shows, music, etc) but I think I will put that info in my profile page, if I can

To be precise, the last time I counted, I had 177 PS2 games. Yes I have God of War 1 and 2 for the PS2, they were (and are) awesome games/frachise, if you take a look at my psn profile you'll see I've already taken care of two GoW games, but I do plan on achieving platinum on them all! :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome! I already used two trophy guides to achieve two platinum trophies, but I see this website doesn't have Trophy Guides to some games, is it because it was an old game?

The gaming sessions seem to be a cool place to find other people to game with, nice!

We only got the guide system I think in 2013-2014. It will take some time but we aim to please and more guides will be coming. You too can also submit a guide as well. 

Welcome!

You said that you want to play single player games like you did in the PS1 & PS2 era. That's great because the PS3 has plenty of PS2 HD remakes that are worth playing such as Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Okami, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

I think that'd be a good place to start (which it looks like you have!).

• Like 2

Welcome to psn profiles! I see you got spec ops the line! Great game, go get that platinum!

Just got it! It's the hardest platinum I achieved.

All trophies are easy except one: complete the game on Fubar difficulty. Some chapters did give a me a challenge!! But I eventually did it with preserverance

Welcome, newcomer! :wave:

Thank you !

Welcome.

Welcome!

You said that you want to play single player games like you did in the PS1 & PS2 era. That's great because the PS3 has plenty of PS2 HD remakes that are worth playing such as Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Okami, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

I think that'd be a good place to start (which it looks like you have!).

Yeah, I bought Final Fantasy X l X-2 HD last week and intend to earn the platinum for it, I also have MGS HD, Jak, Okami and Hitman. I may re-buy Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet again, but this time in HD and with trophies :)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...