'Tony Hawk 5' - What Do You Want To See?

Half-H3ro

Just had a mad rush to create the Wikipedia page for the game. So, if you're on Wikipedia, why not lend a hand with any information you have on the game!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk%27s_Pro_Skater_5

I'd much rather have a new skate, I have no idea why blackbox doesn't make Skate 4, it's not like they're doing anything special

I'd love a Skate 4 too. Skate 3 was great! and although Skate 2 had it's bugs, it was still a top game. But I started with the Tony Hawk's Series, with good old Tony Hawk's Skateboarding on the PSone, so it's hard for me not to be EXCITEDDD!!!! for this new game! 

DId I mention I'm excited?

• Like 2

Just had a mad rush to create the Wikipedia page for the game. So, if you're on Wikipedia, why not lend a hand with any information you have on the game!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_5

I'd love a Skate 4 too. Skate 3 was great! and although Skate 2 had it's bugs, it was still a top game. But I started with the Tony Hawk's Series, with good old Tony Hawk's Skateboarding on the PSone, so it's hard for me not to be EXCITEDDD!!!! for this new game! 

DId I mention I'm excited?

I love the TH series well, but the last 4 or 5 releases were plain garbage, this seems to be just a money grab for activision, and that's why I'm bitter about it

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/05/tony-hawk-returns-exclusive-first-look.aspx

Some screens from the game :) I'm not sure how I feel about them. It sort of looks like they've gone for realistic skaters in a cartoony world, but it might just be the screens...

thps55.5reveal610.jpgthps55.5revealextrad.jpgthps55.5revealextrae.jpgthps5_beach_laticia_shoveit.jpg

Apologies for the size of the last screen. I don't know why it has to be bigger than the others :P

Do you guys think the levels look a bit too cartoony? Or do you like the way they're looking?

The skaters look really realistic though!

I'm hoping the top one is 'School 3' :P

Edited by Half-H3ro
  • Like 1

I'm actually keen for the trophy list. I've gotten over trophies and 99% of the time I'm playing for fun now, but THPS HD was my first plat, I would love a list of insane dumb things to do, let's just hope it's not easy enough to achieve in one sitting, like the last TH trophy set.

• 1 month later...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/05/tony-hawk-returns-exclusive-first-look.aspx

Some screens from the game :) I'm not sure how I feel about them. It sort of looks like they've gone for realistic skaters in a cartoony world, but it might just be the screens...

thps55.5reveal610.jpgthps55.5revealextrad.jpgthps55.5revealextrae.jpgthps5_beach_laticia_shoveit.jpg

Apologies for the size of the last screen. I don't know why it has to be bigger than the others :P

Do you guys think the levels look a bit too cartoony? Or do you like the way they're looking?

The skaters look really realistic though!

I'm hoping the top one is 'School 3' :P

I like the way they look, I'm just worried about the feel to the skating. In THPS HD, they felt real floaty and like they had no weight to them.

I was reading about it in my issue of GI, and they ARE bringing back Create a Park! Also said that you will be able to change skaters appearance by switching tabs for the head/body/legs and can make some weird combos.

I love skateboarding but tony hawk games have run their course and are no where near as fun as skate 4 would be. Whatever tho I'd still pick up tonk hawk 5 just to have another skateboarding game to play n plat

I love Skate as well, but that doesn't mean there's no room for Tony Hawk. Playing THPS HD reminded me how fun it was to build up those crazy line combos that can take you around the entire level. No matter how fun Skate is, that's something it will never have.

Skate is about realistic lines and Tony Hawk is about ridiculous combos.

I would like them to make a realistic skateboarding game, with similiar controls to the originals. I never liked Skate's controls with the analogue sticks and all. Also an indie soundtrack would be great with a little bit of both punk and rock! Not mainstream bands, I'd rather have an opportunity to find something new instead of listening to something I already know and probably own in my record collection.

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

I would like them to make a realistic skateboarding game, with similiar controls to the originals. I never liked Skate's controls with the analogue sticks and all. Also an indie soundtrack would be great with a little bit of both punk and rock! Not mainstream bands, I'd rather have an opportunity to find something new instead of listening to something I already know and probably own in my record collection.

This is exactly the type of soundtrack they need :D

I love Skate as well, but that doesn't mean there's no room for Tony Hawk. Playing THPS HD reminded me how fun it was to build up those crazy line combos that can take you around the entire level. No matter how fun Skate is, that's something it will never have.

Skate is about realistic lines and Tony Hawk is about ridiculous combos.

I agree with you. I grew up playing every THPS and doing combos through the whole levels and had a blast doing it but after beating the game('s) I always turn to realistic tricks and grinds, cuz I skate IRL. It just kinda bugs me when playing, doing a 360flip down a 30 stair in THPS vs SKATE doing a 360 flip down a 10 stair doesnt have the same rewarding feeling to me. Some times I get so in to the game play I skate as if I were skating IRL and doing my tricks. LoL 

I said the same thing when I 1st started playing SKATE 1 cause I was used to THPS but after a week or so the analogue sticks clicked for me and now I prefer it that way. When I went back to do THPS HD plat. I strugged my ass off at 1st to get used to the controls again haha

Also I like your idea about the puck/rock soundtracks, we need some indie shit in there. I usually play with the music turned off cuz thier soundtrack is played out and play my own punk/rock

Edited by weeztha

• 3 months later...

God this game looks awful.

Always been a big fan and played and 100%ed the first five games, but they got worse every time.

And now the graphics still look like 2002. I'll pass this one for sure. A shame, I wouldn't mind playing a cool skate-game sometime

I completely agree, I was kinda excited when I heard about this game as I love skateboard games but I've seen footage and it looks atrocious.

God this game looks awful.

Always been a big fan and played and 100%ed the first five games, but they got worse every time.

And now the graphics still look like 2002. I'll pass this one for sure. A shame, I wouldn't mind playing a cool skate-game sometime

Yeah man i feel your sentiments. I saw some gameplay video on youtube hoping that I was wrong but it only cemented the fact that this game doesn't appear to look that good. Now before anyone sees this and  says "but graphics don't make a game" you are 100% correct. However its been years since this franchise has been out of commission and if they skimped on the graphics what else did they skimp out on.

Some other concerning signs

• I haven't been following this game but have they added anything new from the previous installments? Open world or still confined to the same spaces?
  • The lack of any sort of review is something to be concerned about especially since there is nothing else notable (that i can think of ) coming out this week

Please let me be wrong, if not.....Skate 4?????

I always loved the THPS series and with the fourth part they gave me the best part of the whole franchise (at least for me) but THPS5

looks like shit and usually I don't really care about graphics. I just can't believe that the developers want to recreate the "oldschool"

feeling by making it look like a ps2 game. That's just lazy. The same goes for the empty level design and the 2 minute missions.

I don't really think that people want things like this in a skating game anymore. And after SKATE, where you basically had a whole city

to explore, it's even more frustrating that they went back to this ps1-kinda-level-design. I'd love to have a great arcade Tony Hawk game

again but not like this.