Star Wars Battlefront Trailer

This trailer is fantastic, however I can't wait to see some gameplay! 

It looks like they're trying to show off what gameplay is generally gonna be like and that just looks awesome. The part at 1:48 looks awesome, it looks like a Battlefield game where all the players are leaving the base in vehicles but with all the epic Star Wars vehicles. I usually really love DICE games and I can't wait to see what they're doing with this game ;)

Also, it sucks a little bit to see there's no single player :(

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

IGN is just shitting out Battlefront news.

No SP Campaign: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-a-campaign?abthid=553159acadf8e2721000003f

No Prequel Era vehicles/characters or space battles: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-space-battles-prequel-era

Oh, but it does have female stormtroopers: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-star-wars-battlefront-will-let-you-play-as-a-female-stormtrooper?abthid=55315d85adf8e27210000045

This has been a less than stellar day for Battlefront fans. We're getting a lot of whats not in the game and a trailer that just shows in-engine footage. They'll really have to pull out the big guns at E3 to get me excited again. 

Edited by Boooda

Here's what ithink:

Trailer: Beyond amazing.

No SP: Unfortunate. They're gonna have to deliver one massive multiplayer experience to make up for this.

No prequel stuff: Fine by me. There's some cool stuff they could have done with it, but i wasn't looking forward to this for prequel stuff.

Overall, i'm a bit more excited than i was before. But i'll stay wary before i'm shown any gameplay.

Rip in piece my dream Battlefront.

No SP

Only 4 Worlds to play on (Endor, Hoth, That new one, and Tattooine)

Most likely no Galactic Campaign

No Space Combat

Nothing from films 1-3 (I know a lot of people dislike them, but there were a lot of cool vehicles and planets in it)

It's just Battlefield: Star Wars

To me it is a glorified movie tie in game made by DICE at this point. They took all of the cool features from the leaked Battlefront 3 alphas, flushed them down the loo, and then took some of Battlefront 2's features as well. 

Edited by Saltyie

I really would have liked to see a single-player campaign. They could have easily done a story about a soldier that joins the Rebellion. Or even a rogue Stormtrooper. I was already skeptical about it at first, but no campaign, no space battles, and only a few maps (but we know EA will add more in as DLC) is a deal breaker for me. I don't care how flashy it looks.