"Silent Hills" officially canceled.

skateak

I post: That should be "I've posted"; preferably "that I've posted". Referring to past events whilst using the present tense of a verb is, you know, wrong, 

trough: I'm pretty sure you should've typed "through" there, as a trough is a feeding container for cows. 

Sillent Hills: There's one 'l' in the word "silent". 

Look, I can be a pedantic fuck as well. 

Now, this is possibly the first time in about five years I've bothered to correct someone's grammar on the fucking internet, but you caught me on a day in which Silent Hills happened to be cancelled. So, yeah, I'm not in the mood; plus I have a slight hangover, but that's somewhat irrelevant. 

Anyway, the OP's grammar is nothing to give yourself an aneurysm over - there's much, MUCH worse out there. And in the world where punctuation has been gradually thrown out the window, at least he/she even thought to use a full stop. Also, he/she lives in Alaska - it's cold as fuck there, so a full stop is the least of their worries. The one part of the sentence that arrested my attention was the whole SILENT HILLS IS CANCELLED thing, not the '.' at the end. 

I don't know if you have noticed but you're the only grammar nazi around here.

When did I say I was correcting grammar/spelling? I'm talking about punctuaction over here, have you ever seen a game called The Last of Us.? Metal Gear Solid.? Alice in the Wonderland.? No. Why? Because no titles need a period.

As for you being a grammar nazi, I apreciate that you help me improve my second language.

a5PxN2q_700b.jpg

• Like 1

Has Konami said anything about this yet? Because if not, then they will soon because of this tweet and the various news articles to come.

Wouldn't surprise me if Konami tries avoiding making an official comment until either MGS V releases or Kojima's contract expires in December. I know it wouldn't affect sales for Phantom Pain but I could see them just ignoring this in hopes of avoiding negative publicity or having to comment on Kojima's future leading up to MGS V's release. With basically everyone involved in the project confirming it's cancelled, it's basically official anyways.

Disappointed in the news but I assumed this would probably happen when the whole Kojima/Konami rumors started. Like most people, I was excited for this and thought with talent like Kojima, Guillermo del Toro, and Norman Reedus involved, that Silent Hill might finally be good again. It amazes me how far Konami has fallen in the gaming industry. During my childhood they were one of the giants in gaming with huge IP's like Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Contra etc. Now, the only 1 still relevant is MGS and who knows what the future will hold for it when Kojima leaves.

Edited by MStalker58

Has Konami said anything about this yet? Because if not, then they will soon because of this tweet and the various news articles to come.

Can't blame them, I would be embarrassed too if news break out before I could give an official statement on the current situation.

A source claiming to be close to del Toro said that he was miss quoted in the tweet. It's not about about the status of Silent Hills, It's about whether or not Kojima and Toro would be working together on the game.

During a question and answer session last night with fans at the San Francisco International Film Festival, the director commented on his involvement with the project, saying he and Hideo Kojima will no longer be working together on the game.

One fan in attendance tweeted out a statement made by del Toro during last night's panel.

"It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." -Guillermo del Toro

It's important to note del Toro was speaking only on collaborating with Kojima, not whether or not the game has been cancelled. "You'll have to go after Konami for those answers," our source said.

SOURCE: http://ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/guillermo-del-toro-touches-on-his-collaboration-with-kojima

Take it with a grain of salt. This doesn't mean the game is not cancelled. Just that del Toro wasn't talking about Silent Hills itself

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 3

A source claiming to be close to del Toro said that he was miss quoted in the tweet. It's not about about the status of Silent Hills, It's about whether or not Kojima and Toro would be working together on the game.

SOURCE: http://ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/guillermo-del-toro-touches-on-his-collaboration-with-kojima

Konami probably wanted to troll everyone lol. People can be idiots sometimes. 

Konami probably wanted to troll everyone lol. People can be idiots sometimes.

I had to edit my post. The source claims you have to chase after Konami regarding the status of the game. He was just stating that the tweet in question was about Kojima and del Toro working together on the game to which del Toro replied "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart."

I had to edit my post. The source claims you have to chase after Konami regarding the status of the game. He was just stating that the tweet in question was about Kojima and del Toro working together on the game to which del Toro replied "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart."

I'll just wait for Konami's statement. I really hate when people jump the gun with their speculation lol.

This upsets me greatly :/

wait! so Norman Reedus now stuck in silent hill and never gonna came out of that ghost city?

poor guy... :(

What upsets me even more are people who only seem to read the topic title and then post.

*bottom of last page*:

A source claiming to be close to del Toro said that he was miss quoted in the tweet. It's not about about the status of Silent Hills, It's about whether or not Kojima and Toro would be working together on the game.SOURCE: http://ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/guillermo-del-toro-touches-on-his-collaboration-with-kojima

Take it with a grain of salt. This doesn't mean the game is not cancelled. Just that del Toro wasn't talking about Silent Hills itself

What upsets me even more are people who only seem to read the topic title and then post.

Yeah, but your post is on page 3, and of course people are gonna assume that the game is cancelled since the OP of this thread named this thread "Silent Hills "officially" canceled", and concluding with the "proof" that he shared for the story of his post, it does look like Guillermo was hinting at the game being canceled. And the OP of this thread has yet to update the story of this post.

• Like 4

Yeah, but your post is on page 3, and of course people are gonna assume that the game is cancelled since the OP of this thread named this thread "Silent Hills "officially" canceled", and concluding with the "proof" that he shared for the story of his post, it does look like Guillermo was hinting at the game being canceled. And the OP of this thread has yet to update the story of this post.

It seems there were faults on my end to. I just didn't want to create an entirely new topic for it.

I also said it doesn't mean the game is not canceled. PT is being taken down this Tuesday so I'm rather skeptical myself.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the "proof" the OP posted though. It's just a tweet that has an answer with no question. We (myself included) all just assumed that it was real.

Perhaps we should all just wait on Konami's word on it? They'll say something eventually unless they pull a Last Guardian on us.

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 2

It seems there were faults on my end to. I just didn't want to create an entirely new topic for it.

I also said it doesn't mean the game is not canceled. PT is being taken down this Tuesday so I'm rather skeptical myself.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the "proof" the OP posted though. It's just a tweet that has an answer with no question. We (myself included) all just assumed that it was real.

Perhaps we should all just wait on Konami's word on it? They'll say something eventually unless they pull a Last Guardian on us.

I totally agree on this. Not going to believe some tweet until Konami tells it's true. 

It would be wise to wait until Konami makes anything official before you get all worked up. You could be stressing over nothing. If this truly is the case, however, that stinks for anybody who was psyched for this.

Sorry Merry, but members of the interwebs don't do logic. :awesome:

It seems that humans have a real problem of "jumping the gun".

Edited by ZeroXOF

Wow, a petition? No one has ever thought of petitions on the internet before! Thats bound to work!

Wow... Well, RIP in peace Konami - no gamer understands why on earth you're committing company-wide suicide, but I suppose you will always be remembered. *plays trumpet*

Konami doesnt need its game division, it would likely be a much more profitable and stable company without it - therisks involved in game development is, well, risky. Thier Health Clubs and other endevours bring more than enough stable cashflow

Shame,a real shame and they said demo is gonna be removed from the Store on tuesday 29...I just hope the demo is still playable for those who already downloaded.

Why games like stupid COD keeps getting made, and games like this are canceled is beyond my comprehension...can somebody tell this onion ninjas to get lost...

Not too hard to comprehend...money my friend and sheeps who support CoD too.

• Like 2