Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I actually earned a trophy on it on my dummy account so maybe I will join in and be that epic person that plats it twice dood MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

You'd rather do Star Ocean again before doing Mugen Souls once!?

45L9c9510.png

How could you resist that face?

Well, I finally started my Universe playthrough, let it begin once again! super-sayan-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292

I'd do the Star Ocean plat over and over for eternity before doing Mugen Souls once dood :P

Poor Chou-Chou... :( Just out of curiosity, did you ever try Mugen Souls Z? It was a lot better & easier than the first.

Well, I finally started my Universe playthrough, let it begin once again! super-sayan-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292

Poor Chou-Chou... :( Just out of curiosity, did you ever try Mugen Souls Z? It was a lot better & easier than the first.

Nah hadn't try it yet but it is on my to do list though dood.

Those are some harsh words xD

Masamune knows my feelings about that game so I'm sure he expected that response dood xD

• Like 2

Masamune knows my feelings about that game so I'm sure he expected that response dood xD

Actually I prepared myself quite well by hiding in my Prinny-proof bunker, guaranteed to block all Prinny explosions up to a x10 chain. :P
  • Like 1

I took a look at your profile and it seems you haven't done the grindy stuff, just completed the game once. So with what specific things could you advise us?

Well I was gonna say stuff about some dungeons, as there are some that are really, really long and only one save point and stuff. Honestly, nothing really THAT significant, but I'd thought I could help wherever needed. No need to put in the official advisor section or anything. I can always just add my two cents wherever possible.

Epic Sir !! Awesome Intro  :highfive:

Thnx, I'm glad you like it. I had a hard time with it, because there wasn't much to go on except for those 2 pictures on your profile.

I've been thinking about it, and I might make Star Ocean  4 a milestone platinum for myself, as in my 150th platinum. I'm trying to get other games done anyway and I wanna put forth all my effort when I can get to Star Ocean. I might be one of the last people to platinum it by then but oh well, I'll hop on it every now and again.

Nice, I've been thinking about that too.

I'd do the Star Ocean plat over and over for eternity before doing Mugen Souls once dood :P

What's so bad about Mugen Souls dood?

Sure, I don't mind. I'd rather not write my own intro as I like seeing people's creativity in action.

Ok, welcome to the team :highfive:.

Well I was gonna say stuff about some dungeons, as there are some that are really, really long and only one save point and stuff. Honestly, nothing really THAT significant, but I'd thought I could help wherever needed. No need to put in the official advisor section or anything. I can always just add my two cents wherever possible.

Ok, if you're cool with that it's fine with me too. Welcome to the epic quest :highfive:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Also, since Monster Data is really the only useful thing that carries over multiple playthroughs, does anyone have any recommendations for the best Monster Jewels?

I know Metal Scumbags are probably best for Fol (+25%), I've heard Ashlay is best for physical attackers, & maybe Ethereal Queen for magic users.

Personally, I liked it. The only bad thing about it was the Platinum was a long, long, painfully boring grind. I think Wdjat said he didn't like the battle system once, it's kinda similar to the Neptunia games, if you've ever seen any of those.

Personally, I liked it. The only bad thing about it was the Platinum was a long, long, painfully boring grind. I think Wdjat said he didn't like the battle system once, it's kinda similar to the Neptunia games, if you've ever seen any of those.

So which takes longer to complete: SO4 or Mugen Souls? I haven't played a Neptunia game (yet?), so I don't know the battle system.

So which takes longer to complete: SO4 or Mugen Souls? I haven't played a Neptunia game (yet?), so I don't know the battle system.

Mugen Souls probably takes a good 400+ hours to plat, so I'd probably say SO4 takes longer.

Mugen Souls is basically like if SO4 had only the two "30k kills" battle trophies, only instead of 30k it's ~200k.  It's just a very long and very tedious grind that consists of doing more or less the same exact thing for a couple hundred hours.

So which takes longer to complete: SO4 or Mugen Souls?

Hard to say when it comes to super long games like these because the time can vary so much depending on how efficient you are.  SO4 took me 475 hours and Mugen Souls took me 510, but I think Mugen Souls is probably the shorter of the two on average.  Mugen can probably be done in around 350 or so if you're efficient with it.

Havent bought it yet but was thinking about buying it from nedgame.nl where i get most of my games.

Ok, it seems there's another used copy for €25:http://www.gamemania.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=88&gmgame=23385

Mugen Souls probably takes a good 400+ hours to plat, so I'd probably say SO4 takes longer.

Mugen Souls is basically like if SO4 had only the two "30k kills" battle trophies, only instead of 30k it's ~200k.  It's just a very long and very tedious grind that consists of doing more or less the same exact thing for a couple hundred hours.

Hard to say when it comes to super long games like these because the time can vary so much depending on how efficient you are.  SO4 took me 475 hours and Mugen Souls took me 510, but I think Mugen Souls is probably the shorter of the two on average.  Mugen can probably be done in around 350 or so if you're efficient with it.

Ok, thnx for the info. It sounds very tedious.

Both games take the same amount of time if you go about them the right way (300-350 hours). Actually, I could argue that this is the shorter game if you are automating your 60K kills and don't count that into your playtime.

I think everyone can agree though that SO4 is the more fun game while the latter is one of the most tedious and boring endeavors for a platinum that ever existed.

Edited by greenzsaber

Both games take the same amount of time if you go about them the right way (300-350 hours). Actually, I could argue that this is the shorter game if you are automating your 60K kills and don't count that into your playtime.

I think everyone can agree though that SO4 is the more fun game while the latter is one of the most tedious and boring endeavors for a platinum that ever existed.

Ok, thnx for the info. 

I was thinking of writing something about moogles and heavy metal, but after reading your awesome intros, I'll let you write it!

Ok, I'll get on it.

I was thinking of writing something about moogles and heavy metal, but after reading your awesome intros, I'll let you write it!

Added your intros, I hope you like them. Let me know what you think.

Dang Aexuz got a mansion, I wish my pension plan was as good as his when I retired from galactic service dood xD

Yeah dood, after obtaining the SO4 plat he saved the princess from Hyrule by beating the 16 colossuses and she was very generous for his help. There are rumors they got engaged too. But you didn't do too bad yourself, having collecting unique treasures too, opening a Prinny dojo, training Clawz in the art of explosions, and spending your days writing down all your adventures and creating a guide for future adventures. That guide will be your legacy that can be used even hundreds of years later and will earn you a place in history too dood.... while Aexuz will be remembered as the prince-consort of Princess Zelda :ninja:.

• Like 1