Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

HatiRagnarsson

As a martial arts expert, Ragnar knows the human body and its pressure points. He uses electric-charged punches and kicks to paralyze enemies and charges himself to drastically increase his movement speed. Ragnar has a habit of waking up at 6AM sharp every day to start his training. It's not exactly clear how he knows this, but it has saved us from a morning raid more than once. White is always in for a sparring match against Ragnar and uses his sand to negate Ragnar's electricity melee attacks and keep him at bay. This in turn motivates Ragnar to secretly develop a technique to shoot electricity as a ranged attack.

What do I think?  It's fantastic!  It strikes me that I like this to a positively shocking degree!

...yes, yes you can hate me for my terrible puns later.  In all truth it's awesome!  Thanks for setting this up.  

Just started. I'm heading to Aeos, now with the WD 122 in tow. Guys don't forget that extremely missable Recipe Memo 5...

EDIT: I also don't mind having this as my goal for the end of the year. I'm supposed to complete the Final Fantasy trilogy as part of my 2015 New Year's Resolution. Having this plat is probably worth the 3 anyway.

Edited by Edunstar84

I added your intros and I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

@Myst and Shadow: I made you twins, because you signed up almost at the same time and I've had that idea for a while now.

Also Myst who is that in your avatar?

Love the intro I thinks its brilliant! I never thought of being a twin but I really like it :)

Attention Team PSNP:

You can give your opinion on when this Let's Play should end (see OP for more info) until Sunday May 31st 10PM GMT+0. To calculate the time for your own time zone, use this time zone converter.

BEST.INTRO.
#WIN

Whoohoo I have a twin!! Love the intro.  xD

My avatar is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga.

KOS-MOS_zpsjjv3l1ah.png

What do I think?  It's fantastic!  It strikes me that I like this to a positively shocking degree!

...yes, yes you can hate me for my terrible puns later.  In all truth it's awesome!  Thanks for setting this up.  

I'm glad you like them :D.

@Myst: Ok.

@Ragnar: Lol, you're welcome.

It's official, tomorrow, I'll start back up my already 300 hour journey! My goal is to have the Plat done before the end of June. Dunno if I'll be able to make it, but I'll try my damnedest!

Just started. I'm heading to Aeos, now with the WD 122 in tow. Guys don't forget that extremely missable Recipe Memo 5...

EDIT: I also don't mind having this as my goal for the end of the year. I'm supposed to complete the Final Fantasy trilogy as part of my 2015 New Year's Resolution. Having this plat is probably worth the 3 anyway.

Good luck to you both :highfive: Sly really needs to add a saluting smiley.

@Star: Ok noted your vote too. 

Love the intro I thinks its brilliant! I never thought of being a twin but I really like it :)

I'm glad you like it :D.

I've added which trophies count for each reward in the first post (thnx Panda for asking :D). Also the criteria for the Platinum Reward ha been slightly altered: you don't need to get 100% of all battle trophies for that reward, because it seems that is almost always the last trophy people need to get the :platinum:.

Considering the timing, I would personally feel by December 31st would be for the best for completion.  It may be a bit of a stretch but without a deadline like that we may loose focus.  (or at least I may, as I get distracted by every shiny thing that crosses my path)

Once you get to the 2nd planet, you can find a skill manual for “Treasure Sense” in the first dungeon you visit there (it can only be taught to the character you get just before-hand), this skill will show every treasure, harvesting, & mining point in the game on your map. I was able to get every treasure on my first try with this skill.

Here's the exact location if anyone is curious: as soon as you enter Alanaire Citadel go left up the stairs, activate the big stone & continue moving forward, then take a left, then a right, the chest should be right in front of you.

I forgot to mention, but in the case of the character you teach Treasure Sense to ever temporarily leaves your party (like at the 4th location you visit), Treasure Sense obviously won't work, so make sure to keep an eye out for treasure during those times.

I have been thinking awhile on what trophy 10000 would be. I am thinking the SO4 plat would make a nice milestone for that :)

I was kinda hoping to make it my 100th Platinum, but I don't feel like earning 29 more Platinums before I finish SO4. -_-

I was able to make the Welch trophy my 4500th trophy though.

Decided to work on the characters one at a time to get to 100%. First I'll get Meracle done since she's at 96% already. Currently going for her 56th BT- Run 42.195 kilometer in battle... Why SE and Tri-Ace?

lol, I was about to rubber band the controller down for it right after I posted this, and I just got it.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Ok, just beat the first boss and now i'm back at the camp, the guide wants me to collect and fulfil the shops orders, how on earth do I do this? Also its not letting me buy any of the items in the shop :S

Depends on the quest: Some items needed for quest are monster drops, some have to be gotten at harvest/mining points and some have to be made through item creation. Once you have the necessary items for a shop order go back to the shop you accepted the order from to deliver it dood.

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods

Decided to work on the characters one at a time to get to 100%. First I'll get Meracle done since she's at 96% already. Currently going for her 56th BT- Run 42.195 kilometer in battle... Why SE and Tri-Ace?

For the same reason we have to "Roll forward a total of 10km" with Lymle , they like watching us suffer. desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

• Like 2

I forgot to mention, but in the case of the character you teach Treasure Sense to ever temporarily leaves your party (like at the 4th location you visit), Treasure Sense obviously won't work, so make sure to keep an eye out for treasure during those times.

So which characters don't ever leave and can't be missed?

I have been thinking awhile on what trophy 10000 would be. I am thinking the SO4 plat would make a nice milestone for that :)

That would make an awesome milestone.

lol, I was about to rubber band the controller down for it right after I posted this, and I just got it.

Nice, congrats :yay:

Make sure you get that recipe at the very very start of the game otherwise you're screwed. Yeah, a missable in the beginning, awesome stuff.

I hate these kinds of things. Imo RPGs should not have missable things.

Why not just watch anime or go on youtube while doing those BTs? All you have to do is keep pressing the same buttons in a battle.

I have music to help keep me sane, but I should check Youtube for some Game Grumps series I have yet to watch. Anything helps, as long as I'm not just playing the game itself. Gotta do something else to keep my brain from turning into a puddle of goop from the grinding.

So which characters don't ever leave and can't be missed?

Sorry, what exactly are you asking? If it's just when Lymle leaves on the 4th planet, it's only for a short while, you get her back after like 2 scenes.

Ugh, dodging forward for 10km sounds more painful than walking.

What's funny is, when I was going for it, I actually didn't notice when I got it, so I think I probably sat there rolling for like half an hour afterwords. :facepalm:

Meracle was one of my lastest 100% together with Bacchus Edge and Arumat. Her drops were on the top of the worst...  :(

Reimi was my first 100%. Her battle trophes are one of the easiest to 100% and she's one of the best characters overall together with Arumat. Great character for the Chaos run also.