Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I wouldn't recommend the Earth difficulty route, as it will take an extra 5-15 hours depending on how you play it. Galaxy is easy enough as it is, and the pre-Faize split save is the best way to go. I would basically just look over the Efficiency Guide, as it has a pretty good plan. The main change I'd suggest is to farm Bacchus' robotics drops on the Cardianon Mothership on your first playthrough, as that will take care of a lot of Faize's battles for the 3K battles BT, get one of the most annoying BTs out of the way, and set you up nicely for when you go back to your Faize save to work on his BTs (He and a bunch of your party will be a bit higher level than if you didn't do this. I know it sounds a bit silly to start the BT grinding already on your first run of the game, but I think spreading the grind out makes it easier, and I think doing the robotics drops farming early on helps in the long run, as the mothership is a missable area.

Completely agree. Its not worth going for an extra playthrough on Earth. There's not much difference in terms of difficulty between Earth and Galaxy.

And as you said Cardianon Mothership is definitely the best place to farm Bacchus. The task is boring as hell and it can take around 15 hours to get all the drops so I suggest making a separate save in tha part of the game and come back later to grind just like Faize.

Chaos it is then! :lol:

Ok, changed your choice to "Chaos".

I wouldn't recommend the Earth difficulty route, as it will take an extra 5-15 hours depending on how you play it. Galaxy is easy enough as it is, and the pre-Faize split save is the best way to go. I would basically just look over the Efficiency Guide, as it has a pretty good plan. The main change I'd suggest is to farm Bacchus' robotics drops on the Cardianon Mothership on your first playthrough, as that will take care of a lot of Faize's battles for the 3K battles BT, get one of the most annoying BTs out of the way, and set you up nicely for when you go back to your Faize save to work on his BTs (He and a bunch of your party will be a bit higher level than if you didn't do this. I know it sounds a bit silly to start the BT grinding already on your first run of the game, but I think spreading the grind out makes it easier, and I think doing the robotics drops farming early on helps in the long run, as the mothership is a missable area.

Completely agree. Its not worth going for an extra playthrough on Earth. There's not much difference in terms of difficulty between Earth and Galaxy.

And as you said Cardianon Mothership is definitely the best place to farm Bacchus. The task is boring as hell and it can take around 15 hours to get all the drops so I suggest making a separate save in tha part of the game and come back later to grind just like Faize.

I'll add these to the OP.

My suggestion is actually when you get to the Mothership first thing, you'll focus on getting Bacchus' drops out of the way (with Faize in the party), then move on with the story.

It means you'll have to spend 15-20 hours just killing robots with Bacchus before you are done with that area and progress, I recommend doing it like this for the following reasons:

1.) If you're doing the pre-Faize split save, anything you do before Faize leaves the party counts towards both your Faize BT playthrough and your 'main' BT playthrough. The 15-20 hours you spent on farming the drops before Faize leaves will carry over to both saves once you branch off. There's a few other little things I recommend doing before the Faize split, but I don't remember what they are right now.

2.) 3K battles is a lot of battles. I did lot of the Bacchus drops farming on the mothership during my Faize BT run and it still ended up being the last BT I had to get for him.

• Like 2

My suggestion is actually when you get to the Mothership first thing, you'll focus on getting Bacchus' drops out of the way (with Faize in the party), then move on with the story.

It means you'll have to spend 15-20 hours just killing robots with Bacchus before you are done with that area and progress, I recommend doing it like this for the following reasons:

1.) If you're doing the pre-Faize split save, anything you do before Faize leaves the party counts towards both your Faize BT playthrough and your 'main' BT playthrough. The 15-20 hours you spent on farming the drops before Faize leaves will carry over to both saves once you branch off. There's a few other little things I recommend doing before the Faize split, but I don't remember what they are right now.

2.) 3K battles is a lot of battles. I did lot of the Bacchus drops farming on the mothership during my Faize BT run and it still ended up being the last BT I had to get for him.

Definitely the best way to optimize time. But for someone who's going on his very first playthrough staying in the same area for 15-20 hours killing robots may be a little bit extreme. I know its nothing compared to the 60K kills but for someone who wants to keep going for the story I would recommend leaving it to the post game.

Definitely the best way to optimize time. But for someone who's going on his very first playthrough staying in the same area for 15-20 hours killing robots may be a little bit extreme. I know its nothing compared to the 60K kills but for someone who wants to keep going for the story I would recommend leaving it to the post game.

I agree with this. I did Bacchus robot/ology drop BTs post game on Nox Obscurus and it really yields the same results, being stuck in one area during story does really sucks. Plus battle trophies carry over between saves so really what could be done with this is doing all Bacchus's battle trophies on your first playthrough except the robot/ology drop related stuff then when you go to your Faize split save just do the drops on there. You have to get to post game on Faize's anyway so you can get Bacchus's drops on there post game while getting progress towards Faizes 3k battles too dood, so the efficiency is still there.

My quest has begun, and im really liking the loo of this game so far, battle system is really good in my opinion, although there seems to be a lack of save points at the moment, maybe i'm just used to having too many :)

Just coming up to the first boss, had to save and eat as I was getting a bit addicted :P

• Like 1

If someone wants to record their epic quest, let me know and I'll post it in the OP. I don't have any professional recording equipment, so I won't be doing it. I do think it would be a great idea to record the plat popping. I'm planning to use my mobile phone for that.

My quest has begun, and im really liking the loo of this game so far, battle system is really good in my opinion, although there seems to be a lack of save points at the moment, maybe i'm just used to having too many :)

Just coming up to the first boss, had to save and eat as I was getting a bit addicted :P

Godspeed Precision *salutes* .

If someone wants to record their epic quest, let me know and I'll post it in the OP. I don't have any professional recording equipment, so I won't be doing it. I do think it would be a great idea to record the plat popping. I'm planning to use my mobile phone for that.

Definitely gonna be recording that moment on my phone, too. That moment must be immortalized for each one of us!

• Like 1

I was actually thinking about recording my first playthrough.

• Like 1

Definitely gonna be recording that moment on my phone, too. That moment must be immortalized for each one of us!

Nice :D.

I was actually thinking about recording my first playthrough.

Awesome, let me know if you do it and I'll place a link to your YouTube playlist.

At least take a picture of the plat if you can't record. Here's what mine looked like

6dBtTlt.jpg

That's a possibility too :lol:.

I think the end of 2015 is probably good. I doubt everyone would have platinumed by then, but you don't want it to go on too long as the activity on the thread will have died down.

Yeah that may happen too.

Yo! I want to join y'all on this epic quest! 

Nothing will stop me from this plat. Nothing....Except the difficulty related trophies xD

Nice, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own intro?

Nice, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own intro?

Negative, sir! Choco is unable to match your writting awesomeness! xD

Also, i just checked my save...and this is how my 1st playtrough is going so far:

Cardianon Mothership (Control Tower: B1) 171:59:14

6270 encounters

Battle trophies/Levels :

Edge Lvl 43 56%

Reimi Lvl 43 52%

Faize Lvl 43 55%

Lymle Lvl 43 60%

Bacchus Lvl 25 18%

I'm not leaving this place until either Bacchus reaches level 40 or he achieves at least 38-40% of his battle trophies....whatever happens first xD

Items Created so far:

Custard Pie x 2

Flame Sword x1

Hunting Bow x1

Iron Saber x 1

Oyakodon x 7

Let the grinding continues! 

If joining this masochistic yet epic adventure is still open, I'd like to take the plunge.  I beat the game a few times back when I had a 360 just failing to stick it out for all the battle trophies.  Plat or nothing!

I will join this Epic Quest if you'll have me. I will no longer hide in fear from this game. 

I completed the story on an alt account but it's time to brave those battle trophies. I'll leave the Epic intro up to you.  :D

Hey is it still possible to join? I started this ages ago before I knew about trophy hunting but never finished it. So now would be my chance & help me beat my backlog :D

Yo! I want to join y'all on this epic quest! 

Nothing will stop me from this plat. Nothing....Except the difficulty related trophies xD

I added your intros and I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

@Myst and Shadow: I made you twins, because you signed up almost at the same time and I've had that idea for a while now.

Also Myst who is that in your avatar?

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

XchocomanX

What do you get when you combine a gardner with a mage with someone who is addicted to chocolate? Well you get Choco. He loves chocolate so much, he developed a magic to instantly grow plants from seeds so he can eat cacao beans almost every where at any time. Of course it works with other plants as well, like poison ivy, nettle, vegetables, and the carnivorous Venus Flytrap. Choco is in charge of growing our vegetables, setting up traps, and providing us with an infinite amount of cacao beans. Needless to say Choco is liked by everyone. He also has a chocobo chick in his afro, which isn't made from chocolate. But Choco keeps him because the name resembles chocolate. During his adventures he's always looking for seeds from rare plants and flowers to add them to his collection. His dream is to find the legendary Ethereal Flower, that blooms at the Ethereal Queen's palace and is said to have platinum petals and a gem in the center.

BEST.INTRO.

#WIN

@Myst and Shadow: I made you twins, because you signed up almost at the same time and I've been having that idea for a while now.

Also Myst who is that in your avatar?

Whoohoo I have a twin!! Love the intro.  xD

My avatar is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga.

KOS-MOS_zpsjjv3l1ah.png

• Like 3