Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I have music to help keep me sane, but I should check Youtube for some Game Grumps series I have yet to watch. Anything helps, as long as I'm not just playing the game itself. Gotta do something else to keep my brain from turning into a puddle of goop from the grinding.

You could watch Fairy Tail's 400+ and Naruto's 600+ episodes. After finishing that, you should have at least rolled for 5 km with Lymle :P.

Sorry, what exactly are you asking? If it's just when Lymle leaves on the 4th planet, it's only for a short while, you get her back after like 2 scenes.

What's funny is, when I was going for it, I actually didn't notice when I got it, so I think I probably sat there rolling for like half an hour afterwords. :facepalm:

I meant which characters are safe bets to learn the Treasure Sense

• Like 1

Honestly, a lot of the inputs you have to do for most of the BTs are so straightforward, you can multitask and work on them while watching something else. Sarah's jumps, Meracle's backflips, Lymle's movements, even Edge and Arumat's 30k kills I've done while doing something else.

You could watch Fairy Tail's 400+ and Naruto's 600+ episodes. After finishing that, you should have at least rolled for 5 km with Lymle :P.

I meant which characters are safe bets to learn the Treasure Sense

Only Lym gets Treasure Sense. There is no other character (and it's always active as long as she's in the party)

Edited by greenzsaber

Honestly, a lot of the inputs you have to do for most of the BTs are so straightforward, you can multitask and work on them while watching something else. Sarah's jumps, Meracle's backflips, Lymle's movements, even Edge and Arumat's 30k kills I've done while doing something else.

Only Lym gets Treasure Sense. There is no other character (and it's always active as long as she's in the party)

Oh, sorry. Lymle is the only character that can learn Treasure Sense.

Yep, what greenzsaber said. :ninja:

Ok, thnx for clarifying. I thought it was possible to learn it to everyone.

If you doods are dreading those BTs just wait until the 55 girgori and 30k kills BTs xD

Dare I ask what's so bad about 55 Grigoris? Already killed him 3 times in Dragon's Dogma :P.

• Like 1

Reimi was my first 100%. Her battle trophes are one of the easiest to 100% and she's one of the best characters overall together with Arumat. Great character for the Chaos run also.

Really? I never thought she was that good, but I only really used her during the beginning of the game. By end-game, my party is usually Edge, Meracle, Arumat (Dragon Roar :holy:), & Myuria (with Faerie Star).

Edited by Masamune_316

Dare I ask what's so bad about 55 Grigoris? Already killed him 3 times in Dragon's Dogma :P.

You have to beat one of the bonus bosses at least 17 times to get all 55 kills (killing him revives 3 grigoris in the dungeon he's located at, then you kill the grigoris and the boss over and over until you get the BT). They're actually very fun because most of the grigori fights are over in 10 seconds with the right equipment

What's funny is, when I was going for it, I actually didn't notice when I got it, so I think I probably sat there rolling for like half an hour afterwords. :facepalm:

Oh geez. That's why I keep my eyes glued to the screen so I make sure I don't miss it.

Meracle was one of my lastest 100% together with Bacchus Edge and Arumat. Her drops were on the top of the worst...  :(

Reimi was my first 100%. Her battle trophes are one of the easiest to 100% and she's one of the best characters overall together with Arumat. Great character for the Chaos run also.

Well, I decided to change my way, as for Meracle's last 3 BTs, it's the "Deal 77,777 Damage Exactly", "Defeat own Shadow", and "Hit enemies weak point." So I'll save those, most likely, for when I go into the Wandering Dungeon for other things, which I'll have to for many of the 255 drops. I'll work on other characters easier BTs in the meantime. Glad I already got Bacchus and Mracle's 255 drops done.

Eh, wouldn't really be able to pay attention to the anime, which is why I opt to listen to music.

If you doods are dreading those BTs just wait until the 55 girgori and 30k kills BTs xD

Those'll be fun... not! But I'm ready for them, damn it!

wFb86Ck.png

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Ok, thnx for clarifying. I thought it was possible to learn it to everyone.

Is a very tedious battle trophy from Faize. It takes around 12-15 hours in Galaxy mode. You need to kill the Grigori (Bosses) over and over in the Cave of Seven Stars and in order to make them respawn again you need to kill the final boss of the Dungeon Gabe.  You will want to go with the best equipment possible to speed things up.

You have to beat one of the bonus bosses at least 17 times to get all 55 kills (killing him revives 3 grigoris in the dungeon he's located at, then you kill the grigoris and the boss over and over until you get the BT). They're actually very fun because most of the grigori fights are over in 10 seconds with the right equipment

Is a very tedious battle trophy from Faize. It takes around 12-15 hours in Galaxy mode. You need to kill the Grigori (Bosses) over and over in the Cave of Seven Stars and in order to make them respawn again you need to kill the final boss of the Dungeon Gabe.  You will want to go with the best equipment possible to speed things up.

Ok I see, and here I thought it would take about 3-5 hours :S.

3-5 hours sounds about right to me. If you spent time making nice equipment (which doesn't take that long), then all the grigori fights take about 30 seconds. Gabe takes about 2-4 minutes.

3-5 hours really?  That's the fastest time I have heard for the Grigori battle trophy. The Bosses can be killed fast but you need to go through all the levels of the cave and that takes at least 30-40 minutes per run.

3-5 hours really?  That's the fastest time I have heard for the Grigori battle trophy. The Bosses can be killed fast but you need to go through all the levels of the cave and that takes at least 30-40 minutes per run.

I'm pretty sure I did that BT in one sitting and it sure didn't take me 10 hours. You don't have to visit all the floors, just the ones with the grigoris, then you have to sprint through B4 to get to the lower floors which takes about 30 secs. If you know where to go it takes 30 secs to 1 minute to reach the bosses. I also killed the 3 grigoris in the WD and the story with Faize so that helped a bit.

I'm pretty sure I did that BT in one sitting and it sure didn't take me 10 hours. You don't have to visit all the floors, just the ones with the grigoris, then you have to sprint through B4 to get to the lower floors which takes about 30 secs. If you know where to go it takes 30 secs to 1 minute to reach the bosses. I also killed the 3 grigoris in the WD and the story with Faize so that helped a bit.

Maybe I wasn't well prepared in terms of equipment at that point of the game. It took me at least 10 hours if I remember correctly.

Respects on completing Muramasa Rebirth in 2 days and 20 hours. That's some freaking dedication with all 4 DLC. 

Not exactly feeling well, so I'm calling it a day early. I did get some things done, at least. Meracle, Edge, and Arumat's 1,000 Blindside BTs are done, as well as Edge's "Kill a poisoned enemy", and "Stay in Rush Mode for 30/60 seconds" are done. I think tomorrow I'll start doing some Lymle BTs, because there's a lot I can get done with her, and if I work on her all day, I could probably get her into the high 70s to low 80s % range.

• Like 1

I'm following a missable guide on another site. And it says that right before you leave the Exploration Base to fulfill all shop orders. Which I don't even think is possible at this point in the game. Could someone care to explain what is the purpose of these shop orders and if they even matter for anything. This is kinda holding me back at the moment if this is truly some sort of missable.

I'm following a missable guide on another site. And it says that right before you leave the Exploration Base to fulfill all shop orders. Which I don't even think is possible at this point in the game. Could someone care to explain what is the purpose of these shop orders and if they even matter for anything. This is kinda holding me back at the moment if this is truly some sort of missable.

The shop orders count as quest so they are needed. Pretty sure the guide means to do the ones that are possibles before moving on. You have until you have to go to EN II in the story to do the shop orders on Aeos which is still a little ways away dood

• Like 1

The shop orders count as quest so they are needed. Pretty sure the guide means to do the ones that are possibles before moving on. You have until you have to go to EN II in the story to do the shop orders on Aeos which is still a little ways away dood

xD OMG im such an ass. I didnt even scroll that far down in that missable walkthrough. Thanks though for confirming with the info dood.

Didn't you say anything about rewards? Yes I did and here they are:

As you may have noticed the last reward's rank is still hidden. I'll let you guess what's higher than the platinum reward. It will be interesting to see if anyone can guess it (and I'm not doing that because I still haven't thought of a name for it). But for now I'll refer to it as the Epic reward.

Also I have been thinking when to end this Let's Play and have come up with a few possibilities on which I'd like your opinion:

• December 31st 2015
  • June 1st 2016
  • September 1st 2016
  • No official end date

So let me know what you think of the rewards, what the name for the Epic reward is, and which date you prefer. 

Since this platinum is insane, and we're subjecting ourselves willingly to this nightmare, would the top prize be called "Truly Masochistic?" lol

As for a time, I'm in my last year of the RAD Tech program at college, and I basically don't get a break from school starting Monday. I'll get a week between Summer/Fall classes, a small 2-3 week break for the holidays between Fall/Spring, and then a few days on Spring break. Other than that, I'm in school for almost a year straight with no breaks, so I think for me at least, June 1st 2016 is a good end date. 1 year to get this plat. Even then, I'm not so sure it'll be enough for me, but most people should be good with a year I think.

Really? I never thought she was that good, but I only really used her during the beginning of the game. By end-game, my party is usually Edge, Meracle, Arumat (Dragon Roar :holy:), & Myuria (with Faerie Star).

No doubt Arumat is the most overpowered character with his Dragon Roar attack but Reimi was the best and safest character to keep up with the kill chain in the first half of the game.

My Main Party was Reimi, Edge, Arumat and Myuria :)

Okay here's a small update:

I'm still on Aeos, but I have 11 battle trophies. I'm going for several more before I defeat the first boss. Hopefully will do that today as it will mark 7 months I'm giving myself until the plat.

Just let everyone know that I will update you guys once a week! 

@Dragon-Archon I know you said we can start anytime, but would my first trophy count if I got it today or should I hold off until tomorrow?

Since this platinum is insane, and we're subjecting ourselves willingly to this nightmare, would the top prize be called "Truly Masochistic?" lol

As for a time, I'm in my last year of the RAD Tech program at college, and I basically don't get a break from school starting Monday. I'll get a week between Summer/Fall classes, a small 2-3 week break for the holidays between Fall/Spring, and then a few days on Spring break. Other than that, I'm in school for almost a year straight with no breaks, so I think for me at least, June 1st 2016 is a good end date. 1 year to get this plat. Even then, I'm not so sure it'll be enough for me, but most people should be good with a year I think.

I'll write your guess down and we'l see if you were right :D.

Ok, noted. Approximately 7 hours and 4 minutes remaining to state everyone's opinion about the end date.

Okay here's a small update:

I'm still on Aeos, but I have 11 battle trophies. I'm going for several more before I defeat the first boss. Hopefully will do that today as it will mark 7 months I'm giving myself until the plat.

Just let everyone know that I will update you guys once a week! 

@Dragon-Archon I know you said we can start anytime, but would my first trophy count if I got it today or should I hold off until tomorrow?

Nice :D

No, only the trophies acquired between June 1st 12AM (GMT+0) until the end will count for the rewards. But if you've just started the game, you don't need to hold it off until tomorrow because I'm sure completing the story will unlock some more trophies.