Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I'll keep that in mind when the time comes.

Ok.

I don't think I will be able to start until July :( Hearts is taking up some of my time and I will be heading out of town pretty soon.

That's ok, I just started yesterday. That tutorial is very, very long. 

Today is finally the day I'll start my epic quest and travel the star ocean. All the necessary preparations have been made and I've written my will just in case. I'm ready B).

It would be great if we'd do a weekly update between Friday and Sunday, so let met know how everyone else is doing.

I wish I had an update for this week, but sadly I've not been able to do much with the game yet. I'm hoping to get some done tomorrow though!

Update time!

I'm on the Cardianon Mothership: Between Control Tower B1 (Save point location) and Subterranean City.
Game time: 189:37:30

Encounters: 7231

Char - Level - Battle trophies' %
Edge  - 46 - 60%
Reimi - 44 - 54%
Faize - 46 - 56%
Lymle - 45 - 61%
Bacchus - 33 - 49%

Bacchus:

Robotic drops left: 233
Robotic enemies left: 117

Edge:
Anthropology drops left: 228
Humanoid enemies left: 368

Lymle:
Incapacitations left: 90

That's it. Still a looooong way to go for those robotic drops, ugh. 

Edited by XchocomanX
  • Like 1

My update..... Well, my order was supposed to be here Friday, but nothing came in then. And I checked earlier today, and still nothing. I checked my order on Amazon, and apparently they missorted the order. Which means it won't be here until at least Monday. So I'm not too happy about it.

I wish I had an update for this week, but sadly I've not been able to do much with the game yet. I'm hoping to get some done tomorrow though!

Ok, me neither. I just crashed on planet Aeos.

My update..... Well, my order was supposed to be here Friday, but nothing came in then. And I checked earlier today, and still nothing. I checked my order on Amazon, and apparently they missorted the order. Which means it won't be here until at least Monday. So I'm not too happy about it.

That sucks.

I guess I could do a little weekend update:

Chaos playthrough, Roak (about to do the Purgatorium dungeon)

Level: 31  Fol: 111,070

Time: 8:07:40 (total: around 250+ hours)

Main trophy progress: 85%

Battle trophy progress: 75%

Currently farming a little Fol via the "Scumbag" method, so I can stock-up on some books, equipment, etc later.

Actually, I've already almost doubled my Fol to 207,564 in 20 minutes, that should be enough to hold me up during this playthrough. :P

Edited by Masamune_316

Anyone ever gotten a Booster Symbol from anywhere else besides the Phantom Dragoon? I literally just need 1 so I can dupe the rest I need. I just gonna skip that and come back to it later tho >_> 

No, sadly, I think the Phantom Dragoon is the only way to get it. I understand how hard it is to get, the drop rate is ridiculous.

Just read that you can also get them from the Spirit Archbishop enemies in the 7SD, but I don't recommend that.

Is there a way to speed up the MP abosortion process with Reimi? She's getting 10-14 per hit..

I'd say wait until end game/post game, I think you need to get 50,000MP absorbed with her, and in the 7SD, I was absorbing anywhere from 1500-2000 each hit. It's all based on the damage you can do to the enemy.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

No, sadly, I think the Phantom Dragoon is the only way to get it. I understand how hard it is to get, the drop rate is ridiculous.

I'd say wait until end game/post game, I think you need to get 50,000MP absorbed with her, and in the 7SD, I was absorbing anywhere from 1500-2000 each hit.

Yeah I literally started to get a headache so I stopped for a bit. 

Thought I might post on how I got some of the high exact damage BTs, since they can be a bit of a pain. Keep in mind, this is on Galaxy Mode, so these probably won't work on other difficulties without a few adjustments. I have the setup of equipment I used to help. but you don't need that stuff equipped, as long as you can get to the attack I had, or a few digits around it, you'll be okay! Also, I have not given any of my characters seeds unless specifically stated. Also, some of the stuff in () may not matter, but I'm writing it anyway, just in case.

Edge

Deal exactly 55,555 damage

Moonstone Sword

None

Kokabiel Spawn Jewel

Berserker’s Scarf

ATK Boost Level 10

Beat:S Rank 20

6533 ATK

Use Max Level Raging Strike against Desert Ogre

Reimi

Deal exactly 11,111 damage

Evil Spirit’s Bow

None

Kokabiel Spawn Jewel

None

Beat:B Rank 20

3986 ATK (Give her 1 Attack Seed to boost to 3990)

Berserk Skill Level 10

Use Max Level Seraphic Thunder on Honeybees, Unicorn Wolves in Tatroi

Meracle

Deal exactly 77,777 damage

Laser Weapon (4x ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%)

Absolute Protector (3x DEF +20%, Nullifies HP damage 25% of the time)

Kokabiel Spawn Jewel

Tri-Emblem

2 Attack Seeds + 1 Potent Attack Seed

ATK Boost Level 10

BEAT:S Rank 20

9746 ATK

Use Max Level Comet Impact on Crater Perytons in 7SD

Lymle

Deal exactly 12,345 damage

Laser Suit (2x DEF +20%, 2x Maximum HP +20%)

Solo Champion Medal

tri-Emblum (Hit +2, Rush Gauge charge rate +3, Grants Immunity to paralysis, MP cost -15% in battle) (I should note this is a super Tri-Emblum, which I synthed 8 Tri-emblems into and then duped the crap out of it, they are super helpful!)

9315 ATK (Or, you could get 7171 ATK and have Sarah use Enhance on you. You'll have about 9322 if you do that, which is fine.)

Use Long range attack on "Bugs, Bugs, Bugs" arena battle.

Arumat (I don't remember much of his and forgot to write it down, so once I test it again and find what I have equipped, you'll know. I'll just put the important things for now.)

Deal exactly 44,444 damage

Laser Weapon (Adds earth element to attacks) Super important

6508 ATK

Use Max Level Aerial Gallows on Crater Perytons in 7SD

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

Thought I might post on how I got some of the high exact damage BTs, since they can be a bit of a pain. Keep in mind, this is on Galaxy Mode, so these probably won't work on other difficulties without a few adjustments. I have the setup of equipment I used to help. but you don't need that stuff equipped, as long as you can get to the attack I had, or a few digits around it, you'll be okay! Also, I have not given any of my characters seeds unless specifically stated. Also, some of the stuff in () may not matter, but I'm writing it anyway, just in case.

Edge

Deal exactly 55,555 damage

Moonstone Sword

None

Kokabiel Spawn Jewel

Berserker’s Scarf

ATK Boost Level 10

Beat:S Rank 20

6533 ATK

Use Max Level Raging Strike against Desert Ogre

Reimi

Deal exactly 11,111 damage

Evil Spirit’s Bow

None

Kokabiel Spawn Jewel

None

Beat:B Rank 20

3986 ATK (Give her 1 Attack Seed to boost to 3990)

Berserk Skill Level 10

Use Max Level Seraphic Thunder on Honeybees, Unicorn Wolves in Tatroi

Meracle

Deal exactly 77,777 damage

Absolute Protector (3x DEF +20%, Nullifies HP damage 25% of the time)

Kokabiel Spawn Jewel

Tri-Emblem

2 Attack Seeds + 1 Potent Attack Seed

ATK Boost Level 10

BEAT:S Rank 20

9746 ATK

Use Max Level Comet Impact on Crater Perytons in 7SD

Lymle

Deal exactly 12,345 damage

Laser Suit (2x DEF +20%, 2x Maximum HP +20%)

Solo Champion Medal

tri-Emblum (Hit +2, Rush Gauge charge rate +3, Grants Immunity to paralysis, MP cost -15% in battle) (I should note this is a super Tri-Emblum, which I synthed 8 Tri-emblems into and then duped the crap out of it, they are super helpful!)

9315 ATK (Or, you could get 7171 ATK and have Sarah use Enhance on you. You'll have about 9322 if you do that, which is fine.)

Use Long range attack on "Bugs, Bugs, Bugs" arena battle.

Arumat (I don't remember much of his and forgot to write it down, so once I test it again and find what I have equipped, you'll know. I'll just put the important things for now.)

Deal exactly 44,444 damage

Laser Weapon (Adds earth element to attacks) Super important

6508 ATK

Use Max Level Aerial Gallows on Crater Perytons in 7SD

Awesome, I'll add this to the OP.

Damn, why are my healers so stupid?! My party members are in a critical state & my healers have full MP but decide to go & try to hit the boss with a stick instead of healing anyone. :facepalm:

LOL Myuria? cause when you turn off Sarah's attack spells she literally stands there and won't do anything but heal, Myuria's AI is just programmed to run up to the bosses and attack for some reason. 

Update 1:

So I've been away the past few days on really awesome trip, but I managed to get 5 hours of grinding done today. Here's where I am:

Time: 17:05:14; Outside Urd Falls Cave grinding SPs

Edge: Lv14; BT 30% (over 700 enemies defeated)

Reimi: Lv14; BT 23%

Unfortunately, I'm still getting used to using the battle controls, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it later with more varied enemies. Some may wonder why I'm still on Aeos. Well, I want to make sure I have everything, and since I gave myself 7 months, I can take the nice and slow approach and just ham later.

Hmmm what else? I've maxed some of their abilities and am left with over 1000 SP for the team. And will try to get to the first boss this week! 

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

I'd say wait until end game/post game, I think you need to get 50,000MP absorbed with her, and in the 7SD, I was absorbing anywhere from 1500-2000 each hit. It's all based on the damage you can do to the enemy.

Thanks! Those BTs were driving me crazy xD

I finally managed to make a start on this last night. This is my first playthrough so I'm playing on Galaxy difficulty. I'm now on Aeos and on my way to get Faize. Been trying to knock out some of Edge's easier BT's and level up a bit before taking on the boss. All going well I should have the boss beat and Faize in my party by tonight.

Well, I reached the x8 ambush fight on Aeos I was worried about... On Universe difficulty I could survive till the final round, then my attacks started doing only 10-20 damage a hit. Now on Chaos, it's like that on the first round... I guess I have some leveling to do. -_-

LOL Myuria? cause when you turn off Sarah's attack spells she literally stands there and won't do anything but heal, Myuria's AI is just programmed to run up to the bosses and attack for some reason. 

Actually, I had both Myuria & Lymle in my party (didn't have Sarah yet), & none of them were really healing when they should have. <_< I guess their Intellect stat doesn't reflect their -actual- intelligence. :P This is what happens almost every boss fight:

Edge: Lymle heal me, I'm almost dead!

Lymle: 'Kay. *goes to hit enemy with wand*

Edge: *Dead* :rolleyes:

Monsters: *laughing*

I'm leveling up in Urd Falls on Aeos, Edge keeps getting defeated all the time. I really need to master the battle system.

Try to master the Blindsiding system asap, it's a must if you're using Edge (or any physical attackers).

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 2