Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I'll write your guess down and we'l see if you were right :D.

Ok, noted. Approximately 7 hours and 4 minutes remaining to state everyone's opinion about the end date.

Nice :D

No, only the trophies acquired between June 1st 12AM (GMT+0) until the end will count for the rewards. But if you've just started the game, you don't need to hold it off until tomorrow because I'm sure completing the story will unlock some more trophies.

Well, actually it works out. I have another grind point that I'll be doing outside the cave, so that's another few hours then. I might not get the first trophy until mid-week!

I have added a rule to the OP that hackers aren't allowed to join and also added a "Honorable Mentions" section for people who have helped with this Let's Play.

Well, actually it works out. I have another grind point that I'll be doing outside the cave, so that's another few hours then. I might not get the first trophy until mid-week!

Ok, good luck with your epic quest :highfive:.

I'll write your guess down and we'l see if you were right :D.

Ok, noted. Approximately 7 hours and 4 minutes remaining to state everyone's opinion about the end date.

Nice :D

No, only the trophies acquired between June 1st 12AM (GMT+0) until the end will count for the rewards. But if you've just started the game, you don't need to hold it off until tomorrow because I'm sure completing the story will unlock some more trophies.

Shit i got a trophy already, will this affect me?

Maybe I wasn't well prepared in terms of equipment at that point of the game. It took me at least 10 hours if I remember correctly.

Respects on completing Muramasa Rebirth in 2 days and 20 hours. That's some freaking dedication with all 4 DLC. 

I did do my Faize BTs on Earth difficulty, since I did the other BTs on Universe, but even on Galaxy difficulty, only Gabe should take noticeably longer, and it's still no more than 5-6 minutes with the right equips.

As for Muramasa, I had to do a bit of preparation to pull that off, but it turned out better than I expected.

Since this platinum is insane, and we're subjecting ourselves willingly to this nightmare, would the top prize be called "Truly Masochistic?" lol

If you want truly masochistic, there's another RPG that is the very incarnation of that, and it's not this game.

Sounds like someone's working on Edge's kills pretty early.

• Like 1

Shit i got a trophy already, will this affect me?

Only if that trophy is the only one you'll earn until this Let's Play ends. But since you're going for the plat, I highly doubt it'll affect you. I also added which trophies count for which reward in the OP if you're interested.

Aww, you mentioned me in honorable mentions. I'm honored! :blush:

You earned it.

Doubt it, you'll be fine as there's a lot of story related trophies, so you're definitely gonna get one sometime once we officially start.

Yep, pretty much this.

The banner is finished and added :dance:. Huge thanks to Floriiss for taking the time to create it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Here's something you should probably add to your tips section:

If you're going for the Platinum, NEVER sell any of your equipment! There are some items in this game that are either extremely hard to get again, or one time only, these items are required for doing 100% of the quests & item creation. A couple that come to mind are the SRF Protector (Reimi starts the game with this), & the Ancient Cannon (found in the Purgatorium), it might even be best to wait until you have the item duplication skill before you use these & make a copy of them, just to be safe.

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 1

Here's something you should probably add to your tips section:

If you're going for the Platinum, NEVER sell any of your equipment! There are some items in this game that are either extremely hard to get again, or one time only, these items are required for doing 100% of the quests & item creation. A couple that come to mind are the SRF Protector (Reimi starts the game with this), & the Ancient Cannon (found in the Purgatorium), it might even be best to wait until you have the item duplication skill before you use these & make a copy of them, just to be safe.

Great tip, added it :D.

Okay, seem to be having some odd trouble. I'm going for Lymle's "Silence 5/10 enemies in a row" BTs, and I was able to get her 3 one easily by saving after I silenced an enemy, continued, and if I didn't silence it, reload and try again. I'm pretty sure I've done 5 and 10 in a row with the same method, but for some reason, I'm not getting the BTs. Any help?

Edit: Okay, never mind. Apparently, I'm not supposed to kill the enemy with Lymle, or it breaks the chain, for whatever reason.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Yes and no. I'm more interested in getting some of those SPs from being ambushed. But am working on those kills, so far over 100. And of course those blindsides, monster data...

Don't forget to kill those 999 bugs with Fazie while you're still on Aeos.

If it's not too late to chime in on the end date, I say June 1st 2016. I'm gonna be back in college in the Fall, plus it gives me time to take a break or play other stuff.

If you want truly masochistic, there's another RPG that is the very incarnation of that, and it's not this game.

The curiosity is killing me. What game is it?

As far as I know, Mugen Souls is the only RPG that comes close to Star Ocean (in terms of suffering).

what about White Knight Chronicles now that the servers are shut down? Still possible to do but damn near impossible.

Oh and supposedly my copy of the game is sitting at Purolator since Thursday...thanks for leaving a note or calling. Good thing I checked my tracking number.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Attention Team PSNP:

I have a few announcements:

1. After partying at Aexuz's mansion, the epic quest has officially begun (approximately 43 minutes ago). So good luck everyone and I hope you have fun too. All the trophies you earn from now on will count for the rewards.
  2. The end date has been decided: 5 people voted for December 31st 2015 and 6 people for June 1st 2016. Which means the official end date is June 1st 2016 11.59PM GMT+0.
  3. Fellow member CissaNO won't be participating in the Epic Quest anymore. Which means Shadow0988 has been added to the first question in the poll.
  4. There have been many new names added to the poll since this thread has started and it would be great if everyone deletes their vote and votes again.
  5. If someone is recording their playthrough, let me know and I'll post it in the OP. It would be cool to record the plat popping.

That's fine with me I don't post here often just lurk alot so I'm kinda new in a way. I would be honoured if you did my intro plus I'm awful at stuff like that :)

You've been added to the first question in the poll :D, see message above.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

The end date has been decided: 5 people voted for December 31st 2015 and 6 people for June 1st 2016. Which means the official end date is June 1st 2016 11.59PM GMT+0.

Well, that just took a lot of the urgency out of it, at least I don't have to feel rushed now. :P

Don't forget to kill those 999 bugs with Fazie while you're still on Aeos.

There are plenty of places to find bugs later in the game.  The only reason to do them early on Aeos is if you're that intent on getting it out of the way that early.  And you shouldn't -- you'll save a lot of time and effort if you hold this particular BT for a postgame scenario where you can simply LOLstomp a crowd of them in seconds while leaving the rest of your team on Standby when they can't be seriously hurt in the process.

The only "kill XX of a certain species" that I would suggest one needs to be knocked out early in a game would be Bacchus' BTs related to Robotic enemies (kills and special drops both).  Do those when you're on the Cardianon Mothership because you can't return to that area and there are very few Robotic enemies anywhere else in the game.

• Like 1

The curiosity is killing me. What game is it

This

As far as I know, Mugen Souls is the only RPG that comes close to Star Ocean (in terms of suffering).

But Star Ocean 4 is nowhere near as bad, since there are ways to make the grind tolerable. Not so much for the above.

Edited by greenzsaber
  • Like 1

Ooh, now the fun begins. Although, I won't officially start until Wednesday. And also I apologize for not making an introduction since I was too busy with work.

I didn't realize you wanted to join too. As I understood it you hadn't made up your mind yet. I'll add you to the OP too. Welcome to the team :highfive:.