Sony apparently has no plans for the Vita in 2015

Happy

How long did it take Sony to give up on the Vita? Around a year.

How long did it take Sony to give up on the Vita TV? Around a month.

And this is exactly why people should be worried about Project Morpheus. The tech might be the best there is but every time something doesnt go Sony's way they drop support quicker than politicians do their promises. No regards to the fanbase and honestly, I for one am tired of it.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/06/17/sony-no-more-aaa-first-party-games-for-ps-vita/

This is exactly why im no longer going to support Sony.

• Like 3

Sony won't do much in First Party Vita games anyways.

The only games I would want from Sony is just another Uncharted game, Infamous port( 1.5 inbetween game) and Gravity Rush 2.

New YS game, XSEED and Atlus bringing JRPG to vita. Akyks as well.

As long as it is the JRPG handheld king like the PSP...I am happy. Also Indie Cross Buy...on Vita....love playing indie on a vita. 

• Like 1

For a dead/abandoned/legacy(lol) console it sure has been receiving the attention of many for these past few weeks, on various sites.

And even if they discontinue the system completely in the nearest future, the vita games that I wish to play can pretty much satisfy my gaming needs for at least another 3-4 years and I know I'm not the only one who holds that thought.

To add, Vita's portability is overlooked by many imo when it is really convenient because you can pretty much take it anywhere. If not for my Vita I won't be able to play any games since I can't bring my PS3 to college so Vita being a portable system really helps in that sense. Its one of those"Take it out before, during and after class. It's your own freedom to game anywhere you like." kind of thing

Besides, those kind of big budget games or some people prefer it to be called AAA games fits more on a home console anyway and if we're just comparing exclusives, Vita has more exclusives than ps4 so it's fine as it is with the support of third party devs. Still wish Sony would at least advertise the little thing tho

Edited by Risr1s
  • Like 1

This is just my opinion I perfer my PSVita over my PS3 and PS4 and luckly we have third party still supporting it, Hyperdimension series is going strong on it, while Digimon World and Sword Art Online: Lost Song are coming to North America, and Danganronpa is coming in with a third entry meanwhile first party games like Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Little Big Planet weren't my thing but I loved Freedom Wars and Killzone Mercenary, I would be alright with just sequels to these two and it would be amazing if an Infamous game came out, but if doesn't I won't be too sad since I have all lot more games to play with. I still don't know if Sony fully quit making especially when Shuhei Yoshida trolling with Colin and Greg when they asked about the first party support at 28:20 of the video. I don't know if we are getting a Infamous game on vita or not with his answer. :(

Edited by TheVader66

I personally think that Vita is the litter box to throw jrpgs and visual novels into. As long as there are those self proclaimed ´´Otakus`` Vita will stay on solid waters. Those weeaboos will buy anything that has anime eyes, skimpy outfits, annoying voice acting and over sexual characters just to be ´´Otaku`` no matter how bad the game is. Those games also have very easy trophies so Trophy Hunters will buy them for the trophies. Having fanbase and games like that coming it's better not to talk about Vita. Sony doesn't have plans for it because there is no need to. It's really big in Japan aswell so there's no worries.It's also funny whenever Vita is not mentioned. There will be hassle. And everyone starts to scream it's dying. :D

I use it to play while traveling,play when can't on ps3/ps4, remote play and as an extra controller for my ps4. And I don't really prefer any of my consoles now that I have finally found some use for my Ps4.

• Like 1

It's a shame, I'd love to see what Sony could come up with using the Vita's full potential. For some reason, though, Sony has left it in the dark.

Not as bad as it sounds though, the Vita already has some kickass titles! :D

I personally think that Vita is the litter box to throw jrpgs and visual novels into. As long as there are those self proclaimed ´´Otakus`` Vita will stay on solid waters. Those weeaboos will buy anything that has anime eyes, skimpy outfits, annoying voice acting and over sexual characters just to be ´´Otaku`` no matter how bad the game is. Those games also have very easy trophies so Trophy Hunters will buy them for the trophies. Having fanbase and games like that coming it's better not to talk about Vita. Sony doesn't have plans for it because there is no need to. It's really big in Japan aswell so there's no worries.It's also funny whenever Vita is not mentioned. There will be hassle. And everyone starts to scream it's dying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you insulting yourself? Going by how you like anime and jrpgs from your interest.

I do get your point though. I wish there wasn't the cliché sexual characters in a lot of those games :/

• Like 3

The only games coming out for it are weeaboo games anyways. They're not making anything that appeals to me so my Vita is just collecting dust ATM.

Then sell it?

And this is exactly why people should be worried about Project Morpheus. The tech might be the best there is but every time something doesnt go Sony's way they drop support quicker than politicians do their promises. No regards to the fanbase and honestly, I for one am tired of it.

Doesn't matter, once Japan gets its hand on waifu virtual reality, there will be no shortage of games.

This is just my opinion I perfer my PSVita over my PS3 and PS4 and luckly we have third party still supporting it, Hyperdimension series is going strong on it, while Digimon World and Sword Art Online: Lost Song are coming to North America, and Danganronpa is coming in with a third entry meanwhile first party games like Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Little Big Planet weren't my thing but I loved Freedom Wars and Killzone Mercenary, I would be alright with just sequels to these two and it would be amazing if an Infamous game came out, but if doesn't I won't be too sad since I have all lot more games to play with. I still don't know if Sony fully quit making especially when Shuhei Yoshida trolling with Colin and Greg when they asked about the first party support at 28:20 of the video. I don't know if we are getting a Infamous game on vita or not with his answer. :(

FW sequel apparently depends on how much we want it...

over sexual characters

Who doesn't want to touch lolis?

I personally think that Vita is the litter box to throw jrpgs and visual novels into. As long as there are those self proclaimed ´´Otakus`` Vita will stay on solid waters. Those weeaboos will buy anything that has anime eyes, skimpy outfits, annoying voice acting and over sexual characters just to be ´´Otaku`` no matter how bad the game is. Those games also have very easy trophies so Trophy Hunters will buy them for the trophies. Having fanbase and games like that coming it's better not to talk about Vita. Sony doesn't have plans for it because there is no need to. It's really big in Japan aswell so there's no worries.It's also funny whenever Vita is not mentioned. There will be hassle. And everyone starts to scream it's dying. :D

Im an Otaku but not a weeaboo you know, also your theory is based on what? how do you really know who is buying what? hardly doubt this can be relevant to the topic. (just saying...)

• Like 2

I'm a little late to the Vita party. Just picked one up last month. I never thought that I would ever get one...just seemed too small...just like playing games on my phone. But I am happy that I did get one.

Luckily I had be stockpiling Vita titles on PS+ for the last couple of years so I have a library of like 40 games when I picked it up. Sure...there aren't too many AAA titles...but enough to keep me occupied for a bit...while still knocking out trophies on the PS3. Plus...I've checked out a few titles on Vita that I would've never played.

Sure...there is a lack of attention to the Vita...but since it's not my main console...there are plenty of titles to keep me busy. Plus I really enjoy it...lots more than I thought that I would. Love using it while I'm having to grind for a trophy on PS3 or if there is bad weather in the area.

It's a shame, I'd love to see what Sony could come up with using the Vita's full potential. For some reason, though, Sony has left it in the dark.

Not as bad as it sounds though, the Vita already has some kickass titles! :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you insulting yourself? Going by how you like anime and jrpgs from your interest.

I do get your point though. I wish there wasn't the cliché sexual characters in a lot of those games :/

Umm no? I don't buy games for those things and I don't buy crap. Do I claim to be an ´´Otaku``?! I meant the really crappy games that don't make any sense in anything: gameplay, characters etc...and the people who buy everything and watch everything just to be cool and prove something.  I'm not like that at least as far as I know. Even though people may have different opinions about that. Appearently liking jrpgs and means means you're ´´Otaku``. Yuck.Sorry no thank you. I have a life. :/ Thanks for the insult though. I dunno which kind of Otaku you're insulting me to but. Even thought it has different use in western culture it doesn't change it original meaning. :P (not relevant to the topic though)

Im an Otaku but not a weeaboo you know, also your theory is based on what? how do you really know who is buying what? hardly doubt this can be relevant to the topic. (just saying...)

This probably proves my point. Otaku is more like  an insult in japan. (you probably didn't know that) :P Find out what it means first before saying you're not a weeaboo because that's what it basicly means in japan.You must really like Nelson? Huh?(not relevant to topic but just saying) And how do I know who buys what? Well I don't? I never claimed that have I? I won't repeat my point to you, because you probably can read. And I'm not the only one who claims that Vita has too many j-games. But i could say I know from experience? For example? Do you see hardcore fps player playing on Vita? No? They probably play on PC/Ps3/ps4 so on..Do you see someone who screams I'm ´´Otaku Nyaaaaaah! Naniiiiii! I  ai Narutoooo! I bought Criminal Girls so I am more Otakuuu, durrrrr bakaaaa!`` playing on Vita? At least I have. If you can say on straight face that Criminal Girls is an super amazing and unique game worth buying like Persona 4 or Gravity Rush, then I think I dunno which is crap anymore :D

Then sell it?

Doesn't matter, once Japan gets its hand on waifu virtual reality, there will be no shortage of games.

FW sequel apparently depends on how much we want it...

Who doesn't want to touch lolis?

Pedophiles maybe but I don't :P

I dunno which kind of Otaku you're insulting me to but. Even thought it has different use in western culture it doesn't change it original meaning. :P (not relevant to the topic though)

This probably proves my point. Otaku is more like  an insult in japan. (you probably didn't know that) :P

I don't want to overestimate western perception of otaku, but I would be really surprised if someone actually did NOT know that otaku is an insult in Japan.

• Like 1

If you can say on straight face that Criminal Girls is an super amazing and unique game worth buying like Persona 4 or Gravity Rush, then I think I dunno which is crap anymore :D

Criminal Girls is awesome game, starts boring but gets really cool later. i dont care if some ppl have problem with drawn girls. i mean most ppl complaining about a skirt or underwear of young drawn girl, but shooting ppl , killing and slaughter is ok.....

As long ppl are able to draw a line between reality and fiction , i dont care what content the fiction has. it is just a game. young girls, old girls , dragons, cats..... they all fiction in games. Im not buying games like CG because of the punishment scenes, but i dont think every one is pedo because of playing it or have fun with it :).

just my 2 cents for that little topic .... sry that i go little off topic

• Like 2

So recently I've read Shuhei Yoshida reaffirming no AAA-Titles are being developed for the Vita. Again, it's such a shame. The Vita is truly an amazing piece of tech imo.

Well, we're getting God Eater Resurrection and 1 or 2 other good-looking japanese titles (looking at you, Astebreed).

Also this (unless it has been thrown away already): http://www.ign.com/games/project-scissors/vita-20025134

so we got that going so-so.

Still not enough. Again, Sony needs to get itself on gears if we want to see solid games (based on the popular opinions and critics) for the console.

Too much rely on third parties, and what do they say? It's selling good on Asia.

In the end, we'll see how it fares, but those "Steamboy" news are beginning to look appealing :D

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Criminal Girls is awesome game, starts boring but gets really cool later. i dont care if some ppl have problem with drawn girls. i mean most ppl complaining about a skirt or underwear of young drawn girl, but shooting ppl , killing and slaughter is ok.....

As long ppl are able to draw a line between reality and fiction , i dont care what content the fiction has. it is just a game. young girls, old girls , dragons, cats..... they all fiction in games. Im not buying games like CG because of the punishment scenes, but i dont think every one is pedo because of playing it or have fun with it :).

just my 2 cents for that little topic .... sry that i go little off topic

What I've heard and read reviews of it. It's just a very generic game with hot anime chicks. And generic games are the problem of Vita. :P Never called people who play it pedo. Refered to Satoshi's comment. (wanting to touch under aged girls that's were line between fantasy and reality gets wrong even though they are drawn it's still a little sick to show children and teen in sexual poses/clothes) :P Sorry confusing. Anyways. Yeah killing and blood is also pretty disturbing but they have +18 mark usually in them atleast the most gore ones. And rpgs have violence too you beat/kill hordes of enemies to gain exp/stuff. That's horrible when you think about it. Poor monsters where going to buy some icecream with their 15 gil and we just slash and kill them for their money.  I'm just bored of panties and boobs right now. They're everywhere. No wonder moms hate video games. Blood, guns,killing others for silly things, girls with skimpy outfits. 

So recently I've read Shuhei Yoshida reaffirming no AAA-Titles are being developed for the Vita. Again, it's such a shame. The Vita is truly an amazing piece of tech imo.

Well, we're getting God Eater Resurrection and 1 or 2 other good-looking japanese titles (looking at you, Astebreed).

Also this (unless it has been thrown away already): http://www.ign.com/games/project-scissors/vita-20025134

so we got that going so-so.

Still not enough.

Let's see how it fares, but that "Steamboy" is beginning to look appealing :D

Omg! I wish it's going to be as good as the original Clock Tower. I still play it now and then. Sony keeps Vita in dark because that's where they want it to played. :D

• Like 2

Omg! I wish it's going to be as good as the original Clock Tower. I still play it now and then. Sony keeps Vita in dark because that's where they want it to played. :D

I never played Clock Tower, but man, I've read tons of favorable critics and reviews regarding that game, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

There's also another one being made by a company...NIS? I don't remember its exact name, so perhaps it's another potential good title. I don't know its antecedent with Vita though.

Srry OP for getting off-topic :S.

Edit: I guess they're getting comfortable with it selling on Asia only. But what about us? get comfortable with indies, anime games (which I've also read a lot aren't that good), and its possibilities as an extension of Ps4? :|

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

What I've heard and read reviews of it. It's just a very generic game with hot anime chicks. And generic games are the problem of Vita. :P Never called people who play it pedo. Refered to Satoshi's comment. (wanting to touch under aged girls that's were line between fantasy and reality gets wrong even though they are drawn it's still a little sick to show children and teen in sexual poses/clothes) :P Sorry confusing. Anyways. Yeah killing and blood is also pretty disturbing but they have +18 mark usually in them atleast the most gore ones. And rpgs have violence too you beat/kill hordes of enemies to gain exp/stuff. That's horrible when you think about it. Poor monsters where going to buy some icecream with their 15 gil and we just slash and kill them for their money.  I'm just bored of panties and boobs right now. They're everywhere. No wonder moms hate video games. Blood, guns,killing others for silly things, girls with skimpy outfits. 

hm it looks very generic at the beginning , but the battle system is very cool. its hard to explain but you cant really give exact orders what atack the girls do. it ios interesting because you have to do good desicions in battle. :) and the "hot girls" part is very little in this game , its just the only thing what gets advertisment ^^.  i mean maybe im little bit immune of grinding and generic dungeon crawler type game . it is not for every one , but i enjoyed it alot (later game gets more tricky with bosses) .

"I'm just bored of panties and boobs right now."    -> i never get bored of this xD  .  but i dont need it to play a game. it makes not a good game , but it can make a good game even better ;) .

sry that i got you little bit wrong. :)

This probably proves my point. Otaku is more like  an insult in japan. (you probably didn't know that) :P Find out what it means first before saying you're not a weeaboo because that's what it basicly means in japan.You must really like Nelson? Huh?(not relevant to topic but just saying) And how do I know who buys what? Well I don't? I never claimed that have I? I won't repeat my point to you, because you probably can read. And I'm not the only one who claims that Vita has too many j-games. But i could say I know from experience? For example? Do you see hardcore fps player playing on Vita? No? They probably play on PC/Ps3/ps4 so on...

Note that Otaku could be considered an insult but isn't always used that way, you assumed i didn't know that but i do (not all otakus are a weeaboo if you do your research better)

• Like 2

Because Japanese do NOT want AAA titles, they want what Vita offers now :)

i dont need that AAA either ....  most ppl say they want gta/cod/doom/ etc on vita .... but in my opinion shooter are crap on handheld.   only thing i really miss is a good racing game :( wipeout was only good racing game on vita.

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 2

Note that Otaku could be considered an insult but isn't always used that way, you assumed i didn't know that but i do (not all otakus are a weeaboo if you do your research better)

You acted like you don't. Usually they do act like that (people who use it right don't). I still think anyone who claims to be an ´´Otaku`` is a rather silly person because mostly it's used as an insult and they usually claim to be just ´´Otaku``. Not anime-Otaku, game-otaku or pasucon-Otaku etc like in Japan. Not always means it's an exception so its commonly used as an insult like nerd. (i've done my research did you do yours, trying to prove something?) ^_^ I already said I was talking of experience and on my experience all people who claim to be ''Otaku'' are weeaboos, it's my experience it doesn't need research, not all is learned from Google. You can think whatever of these ''Otaku'' but I think it's silly without the prefix and little egoistic if someone calls themselves an ''Otaku'' and thinks of them as a Master or Guru of Anime/Manga. I have my opinion deal with it. People think differently on each other depending on how they present themselves. That's life not everyone likes everybody. But i don't think this is the right topic to discuss this if you wanna discuss it make a new topic with a poll or something. Or you can PM me. ^_^ Sorry to everyone for not staying in the topic. Now let's continue with our lives.   :P

EDIT: Not to mention Nelson that I never said that ALL Otaku are like that, don't make stuff up. Or keep the things in your head by yourself. :P

Because Japanese do NOT want AAA titles, they want what Vita offers now :)

i dont need that AAA either ....  most ppl say they want gta/cod/doom/ etc on vita .... but in my opinion shooter are crap on handheld.   only thing i really miss is a good racing game :( wipeout was only good racing game on vita.

Exactly AAA are over-praised :P

Edited by killivincent

I'm finding plenty of games to play on my Vita. All I want from Sony is Gravity Rush 2 on the Vita and I'll be happy.

Most AAA titles are crap anyways. Much prefer indies or lesser known titles.

Edited by Cobby