Sony apparently has no plans for the Vita in 2015

Happy

It also depends on the car. I cant drive eg Koenigsegg Agera ... it has a horrible handling imo.

I cant drive it in any game ... In GRID2 I kissed nearly every wall with that car. xD

I think I only used that for the Needle Point (on both versions). I liked the BAC Mono, I got the plat on both versions using it.

GRID 2 is like Pinball Simulator if you have the habit of wall scratching. Fun game though.

It also depends on the car. I cant drive eg Koenigsegg Agera ... it has a horrible handling imo.

Agera was good in NFS, try it once on DRIVECLUB, that is terrible handling =D (Oh yea, by the way, I was capable of flying with it. Because why not)

You certainly didn't play NFS: Shift 2!

Nope.

Have you seen the Trailer for the new NFS? THIS looks like a Drifting Simulator xD

Because it's pretty much DRIVECLUB =D

Agera was good in NFS, try it once on DRIVECLUB, that is terrible handling =D (Oh yea, by the way, I was capable of flying with it. Because why not)

In GRID2 (it was in Plus somewhen, you should have it) I abused Ageras horrible handling and lightweight to fly around corners using the plank ... Remember that when you are doing 

Aussie Rules

You beat a lap time of 01:39:00 at Bathurst. (Excludes drift events)

Spa Time

You beat a lap time of 01:49:00 at Spa-Francorchamps. (Excludes drift events)

it took me like a million flashbacks, because Agera is awfull  xD

Today I read in a german gamesmagazine that Vita is still a flop and it is currently dead as never before. xD

... I have no idea what they want, but Im unable to catch up in buying Vita-games, because they are so many. :D

... Im going to put 110€ worth of Vita-games in the currently JapanSale, because... everything is digital only -.-

Edited by Neputyunu

We should create Vitaland in the middle of Europe.

Then we talk with Japan for exclusivity of localizations because it's not like anyone would mind.

Accepting citizenship now.

I suddenly had a vision... HanaKana is going to be the goddess of our countries religion, right? ^_^

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/24/this-week-in-sales-is-sanity-the-price-to-pay-for-power/

Just another jab at how Vita is dead and so on.

2 times sales of PS4. Still on pair with PS4 sales per week. Definitely a dead console.

And also why Japanese games are on Vita and not on PS4. Because Vita just sells while PS4 does not.

In one country, not the whole world. Japanese games (As good as some them are) don't dent console sales or produce systems sellers for the world. Also why didn't you talk about the mega sales Xbox one is making? 201 sales is awesome! :awesome:  

I feel like I post this video waaaay too often...

Relevant to the OP, Sony has clarified what it meant when House referred to the Vita as a "legacy" platform.

It seems like a bit of face saving to me, but hey-ho.

BTW, I'm a happy Vita owner, but I'm able to recognise that the platform has not done well enough to attract enough games that people want to play on a mobile platform.

I think this video really hits the nail on the head. It's always baffled me that the vita didn't do as well as they hoped. Though when you say it like "It was too good for it's own good." I can sort of understand. xD I'd like to think they'll remedy the situation somehow, but I'm not quite sure how they would do it.

One senior even slipped the word "legacy" about the Vita. Says a lot.

The PS4 is about the only real success for Sony in a long time now, so it's no wonder they focus their efforts on that. Most other divisions are just doing damage control.

"---" is just a separator. I wanted to address you and Goro, but I didn't want to start my post with quotes, so I put them after the text. I used "---" to separate those two quote from the rest, so there wouldn't be any confusion about what I really answered and addressed, since I wanted to answer some other stuff too. But it looks like I failed :P

And not your everyday senior: http://www.destructoid.com/sony-exec-calls-vita-a-legacy-platform--292873.phtml

On the other hand, yet another testament is shown on the link above by saying Ps4 has been the fastest selling piece of hardware in Sony's history. Also, it's funny how the company tries to clarify this by stating it was solely directed at the older models. Sadly, I can't find the vita sales charts, only people's everyday news: the situation on the west isn't the same as Japan, or Asia in general.

No problem ;)

:lol: nah, don't worry. It was just...unusual :hmm:

Well, I can't find anything else to add. I gotta hand it to you, it's nice remembering and learning more about Sony's reasons for lack of support with the Vita.

Cheers.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

In one country, not the whole world. Japanese games (As good as some them are) don't dent console sales or produce systems sellers for the world. Also why didn't you talk about the mega sales Xbox one is making? 201 sales is awesome! :awesome:

If the country is Japan, it IS the whole world xD

And for Vita, even more. Vita is not for west, therefore the world is Japan for her :P

As for Xbone, I'm waiting for double digits :awesome:

Just like my 3DS, i didn't bought the PSVita for triple A gaming, like FPS or other big budget games. I bought my Vita for the vast quantity of japanese/niche games and thank God, there is a strong 3rd party support from Japan.

Funny things is that many are bashing it, due to the lack for triple A games... Since when portable gaming was about triple A gaming?

Edited by G3n3raL986
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Like others have said, the Vita was really managed poorly.  They did not shore up confidence in the West for the system and marketed it wrong.  People will just game on their tablets and phones or go with 3DS which is more kid friendly.  When I was in university just a little over a year ago on the packed buses there were always people on 3DS.  Sony needs to hire some actual gamers for consulting, they have good systems on their hands but are missing key things that will help them be more appealing.

• Like 2

Like others have said, the Vita was really managed poorly.  They did not shore up confidence in the West for the system and marketed it wrong.  People will just game on their tablets and phones or go with 3DS which is more kid friendly.  When I was in university just a little over a year ago on the packed buses there were always people on 3DS.  Sony needs to hire some actual gamers for consulting, they have good systems on their hands but are missing key things that will help them be more appealing.

You're exactly right. When traveling I consistently see people with 3DS's. I'm usually the only one with a Vita. Except most recently when flying back home, the gentleman next to me was playing final fantasy on his Vita, while I played Dragon's Crown on mine. That was pretty sweet. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Funny things is that many are bashing it, due to the lack for triple A games... Since when portable gaming was about triple A gaming?

Since Sony promised me Console Like games on the go. Had I know that wasn't going to be the case I would've never bought this crap. Yes I even bought the 3G model because I was supposedly able to play online on the go. Sad to say, that was never the case, I paid well over $400 with games and memory card at launch, now it just sits collecting dust.

Edited by Demigod
  • Like 2

lol I think back to when this console was revealed and there were articles about how it was the 3DS killer... man were they wrong.

The system is awesome, but there just doesn't seem to be any support.  I've been buying JRPGs for this machine because that is all it is good for once you've played everything else.  Basically the only genre that is released every Tuesday.

Very disappointing, but we will see if they make a new hand held here soon.

Not surprised. Vita has been useless (me not included) for a long while..

I mean ffs, they fucked off on LBP by pulling the DLC off the store.

In short, I agree with what most people are saying... The console is surviving on indie and JRPG titles.

• Like 1

Very disappointing, but we will see if they make a new hand held here soon.

Why would they do that? 

They have successful one.

There's no reason to create a new one.

lol I think back to when this console was revealed and there were articles about how it was the 3DS killer... man were they wrong.

It is a 3DS killer. If you want J-games, you obviously go for Vita, not for 3DS.

'3DS Killer'? The sales tell a different story. If you want Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros etc... You go for a 3DS. I'm sorry but the PS Vita is as good as dead. Yes there are still Games being released but compared to the 3DS there really isn't that much and nothing much that would appeal to a large range of people to buy the Vita. However should this be the other way round and the PS Vita was the Portable Console with the larger sales numbers then this Forum would be covered with '3DS Is Dead' or 'Nintendo In Trouble' Topics. Face it, Sony don't care about the Vita now. You can't flog a dead horse.

• Like 1