Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

Naughty Bear - redundant comedic awesomeness

Lost Planet 2 - I could appreciate the difference in storytelling. I thought the gameplay was fun and challenging

Rogue Warrior - The script for this game made me laugh for nearly the whole 2 hours it took me to complete it

Mindjack - I loved everything about this game and feel it delivered on the gameplay mechanic's it promoted

Alpha Protocol - One of the most underrated action RPGs ever! I had loads of fun with this game

Venetica - Not the best but not a bad action RPG either.

Quantum Theory - I thought it was a solid TPS. It doesn't introduce anything new to genre but I just didn't think it was that bad of a game

Mass Effect 1 (my favorite in the series) - I always enjoyed the RPG aspects of the series more that the TPS. ME 1 encompasses that

I Am Alive - I'm not  even a fan of the survival genre but this game caught and held my attention all the way through

Knytt Underground - I really enjoyed the exploration aspect of it and the feeling of their being endless secrets to uncover in the game

Hunted: The Demon's Forge - Overall, it was a solid action game and had fun playing it

Bioshock 2 - I don't know why this game gets so much hate. I really enjoyed it, especially the DLC

Bulletstorm - This game was just awesome

Resident Evil: ORC...to a certain extent - While it did suck how Capcom tried to charge full price for half a game, the FULL game itself was decent.

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution - a very relaxing and mellow game to play

Dokuro - a very underrated platformer. The mechanics, art design, and story were all equally as interesting.

Wanted: Weapons of Fate - One of the best movie tie-in games that I have played. I really enjoyed it.

Ride to Hell: Retribution - Not a great game, but I didn't think the console version was as bad as commonly reviewed.

Bodycount - A solid arcade style FPS. It was fun to play

Slam Bolt Scrappers - I really enjoyed the unique mash up of Tetris and Smash Bros. Its a really cool game!

Resident Evil Revelations - My favorite Resident Evil (the last that I played). It has the best balance of action and horror of any of the games in the series that I've played so far

Two Worlds 2 - A solid and fun open world RPG. The magic system was pretty elaborate and fun to tinker with.

Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - A really fun, comical, and overall underrated 2D platformer to play.

Dead Space Extraction - The best PS Move game that I've played so far and a really good addition to the story of the series.

Final Horizon - Even though I'm not in to the RTS genre, I gave this a chance and really enjoyed myself

Dead Space 3 - The "Super Mario Bros 2" of the series. While not a good addition to its series, it was still a fun game to play in itself.

SAO: Hollow Fragment - I really liked and spent a lot time with this game. You really have to explore the Hollows area of the game to get the most out of it.

Of Orcs and Men - Even though its quite linear, its still a very fun action RPG to play and its format takes nothing away from the game imo

Dead to Rights: Retribution - I loved the executions, over-the-top action, and cheesy action movie/game clichés throughout

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

Koudelka on the PS1: Average reception but imo a fabulously creepy RPG. A prequel to the Shadow Hearts series (also criminally underrated). 

Resident Evil 6 on PS3: Yeah, probably the worst in the main series but if it had been released under a different title it would have been better- received imo. 

The Order 1886 on PS4: Yeah it wasn't the longest game and the gameplay wasn't exactly the most innovative, but I enjoyed the story, characters and of course the graphics, would like to see a sequel with more effort on the gameplay. Probably would have liked it less if I'd paid more than a tenner for it.

Dark Void on PS3: Fun, solid third person shooter with an interesting vertical cover system.

Where to start...hmm...

Haze(PS3)- Got a lot of bad rep but honestly it was a pretty good idea just a little flawed.

Assassins Creed(PS3)- The first in the series was great but now a lot of people think it's one of the wort in the series. It's the best in my opinion and the only one I like at all.

Fable 3(X360)- Got a lot of bad rep when it first released. Yet I absolutely loved it.

The Order 1886(PS4)- Get a lot of hate for how linear and shot it was, but it is truly a fantastic game.

Goat Simulator(PS4/PS3)- This one is kinda mixed. A lot of people hated it and thought it was dumb. Yet I had a blast with it.

Thief(PS4)- A lot of people like the older games better and hate this one. It was short but a fun ride too.

Jak II

Jak X: Combat Racing

I Am Alive

Sonic Unleashed

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Dead Space 3

Killzone 3

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Dead Space Extraction - The best PS Move game that I've played so far and a really good addition to the story of the series.

Dead Space 3 - The "Super Mario Bros 2" of the series. While not a good addition to its series, it was still a fun game to play in itself.

That's funny.... but Dead Space 3 was actually a good addition to the series, especially from a story perspective.

^ Yup (sorry can't quote on my work computer). For some reason, I've seen quite a few people have less than positive feedback on SAO: Hallow Fragment. Mainly concerning how short, redundant, and simplistic the game is with very little to do on it....which imo is the furthest thing from the truth. I'll admit that most of the game's "meat" and longevity lies predominately in the Hollows area of the game but then again, besides the high quality visuals, wouldn't the extended play time of the added on Hollows be the main reason why the game was remade for the Vita in the first place?

Edited by merciful84

Assassin's Creed; the whole series. I genuinely think they've gotten better from 3 and going forward. AC Unity in particular gets a lot of undeserved hate.

Spec Ops: The Line is still the greatest military shooter ever made despite all the retrospective flack people throw its way.

The Thief remake (2014) was an honest to god good game IMO. Wasn't perfect; story was awful and it had a lot of technical issues but the gameplay was really well done. Genuinely one of the few pure stealth games out there on the market.

Probably a few more I can't remember.

Driver San Francisco for the PS3. 

Honestly looking back it's the single most aggressively mediocre game. No replay value. That didn't stop me from speed running it with friends and pulling all-nighters playing split screen tag and driving around the city.

• 4 weeks later...