Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

The game that immediately came to mind when seeing this thread was Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories (the card system, while annoying at first, actually became very fun by the time I got halfway through my first playthrough - it's one of my highlights for the game overall, it's a shame that it's what puts most people off the game). I also really love Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (one of my favourite games in the series, it's so much fun to play with others) and the Dynasty Warriors series (8 in particular, the soundtrack of which I'm currently listening too  :P. But a lot of people say it's repetitive, an opinion that I don't agree with but I can understand why they think that haha)

• Like 1

as far as i know, i am the only person alive who likes kane and lynch.

kaneandlynch.jpg

I love both Kane & Lynch games, It's not often I get to play as those types of characters. There's a small part of me thats always hoping for a movie for some reason lol

Fallout New Vegas - It's much more of a Roleplaying game than Fallout 3 ever was. New Vegas might've had a few more glitches but a lot more freedom than Fallout 3 ever gave you, 4 major endings + the ability to kill ANY NPC (only 2 NPCs can't be killed or else the game could never be completed). 

MAG - Pretty much is my all-time favorite shooter/game. Such a great community. Proxy Chat. Game is built on the idea that you need a clan if you want to be successful (unlike the hundreds of Cookie cutter games like Call of Duty).

Edited by MafiaBrett

Is it safe to assume that if you've never known anyone else to play a game it wasn't well liked?

The only other person to play this game, that I know of, is the one that let me borrow it.

bujingai.jpg

I played this game and actually really enjoyed it. :)

OT: for me it's Rage - I really enjoyed this game.

I actually enjoyed Dragon Age 2 as well. Not as good as #1 but definitely a great experience.

• Like 1

Surprised to see so many mentions of the Lightning trilogy. Final Fantasy 13. Working my way through the sequel and Lightning Returns afterwards.

The only reason I didn't list the FFXIII trilogy is because it doesn't fit the title. It is well liked by many people. I'm one of them.

Well I really enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever, since it wasn't your average " pop out of cover, kill 1 enemy, take cover again, wait till your health regenerates, repeat process".

Game of Thrones was a really good game in my opinion, yeah it looked like a PS2 game, but it was a awesome PS2 game nonetheless.

PES 11, many people think its a rubbish game, but risking myself to sound like a crazy guy, its my favourite football game ever. One man trash its another mans treasure I suppose. 

Final Fantasy VIII - I was infatuated with this game back in the day, and it still holds a special place in my heart.

In the advent of the internet, it has become one of the punching bags of the series - a position I really don't feel it should have.  The character development I thought was the best the series I'd seen, but it gets overshadowed by perceived plot holes.  Admittedly, the game stretches believability at points, but I'll always cherish it.

I've seen many people throwing shit to the game, but most of the times were due to the junction system, the drawing system and Squall's personality, although I think that the Junction system was pretty cool since I find the traditional lvl system alone to be quite boring, the draw system was the way of grind on the game so I never understood the complains and if you were a super triple triad fan like me it was a plessure to grind the magic trought refining,  I mean its an RPG you are going to be grinding anytime and this is the only game were you can grind the best defensive stats at the beginning of the game (Meltdown) for example, maybe I'm a little to much of a FFVIII fanboy, but I can't understand FF fans not liking VIII.

I played this game and actually really enjoyed it. :)

OT: for me it's Rage - I really enjoyed this game.

I actually enjoyed Dragon Age 2 as well. Not as good as #1 but definitely a great experience.

Rage was actually a lot of fun. I only had one problem with it, the ending, but the game played much better than I expected for the price and lack of coverage. 

I felt the same with DA2. It played MUCH better even though it lacked in story compared to number 1.

I could be wrong but all I ever see is people bashing batman arkham origins "it's not as good as city or asylum" and blah blah blah which is true but this game is SICK! The voice acting is fantastic, especially joker, the combat feels really slick, although the camera angle can screw you over sometimes :( I think the story is by far the best of the 3 batman games. I've had a blast playing this game, I don't get why so many people talk smack about it, each to their own I guess.

I really liked BioShock 2, the gameplay was much faster and action oriented and they went crazy with the plasmids.

Sure, the story is not as good as the original one but you can't compare not knowing the game you are playing is a deconstruction of FPSs to an already established franchise. Besides, BioShock 1 had its flaws related to the story, let's not forget them to make BioShock 2 seem like garbage.

But seriously, fuck the multiplayer mode.

Edited by amilbar15

I've seen many people throwing shit to the game, but most of the times were due to the junction system, the drawing system and Squall's personality, although I think that the Junction system was pretty cool since I find the traditional lvl system alone to be quite boring, the draw system was the way of grind on the game so I never understood the complains and if you were a super triple triad fan like me it was a plessure to grind the magic trought refining,  I mean its an RPG you are going to be grinding anytime and this is the only game were you can grind the best defensive stats at the beginning of the game (Meltdown) for example, maybe I'm a little to much of a FFVIII fanboy, but I can't understand FF fans not liking VIII.

My issue with the criticism of the Drawing/Junctioning system was that it was made by those that don't understand it.  Sure you could Draw magic from monsters until you had your stocks of 100, the same as you could kill Level 1 monsters for hours in any other RPG for the same effect, yet that tessellation was missed on most.  If you were complaining about Junctioning et al then odds you didn't understand how it slotted into the rest of the game - what with, as you mention, card refining a possibility together with spoils of battle refinable also.

What a fantastic option in an RPG, to grind out something completely non combat related to power up your characters for battle.

Squall's personality I thought saw a decent arc - I ignore criticism on that, however, because usually criticism of Squall as a character is uttered in same sentence as "Cloud and Sephiroth are the best characters".

You can't be too much of an FFVIII fanboy as far as I'm concerned, we're so few and far between we can get away with it more.  Might seem hipster though.

In my view, you

WET.

It has its flaws, and you can tell the developers ran out of money and couldn't finalize their vision and story, but it is cool a hell as an adequate hongkong-action with a badass chick as protagonist and good music. Gonna try to plat it someday.

rubi2.jpg

Edited by Guenter_G
  • Like 1

Thief (PS4) I bought it, despite the bad reviews, and I really enjoyed the game, story was a bit weird but I overall had a lot of fun.

Also, DmC Devil May Cry was really fun to me, I remember being blown away by how fun that game was. I hear people talk about it saying it's "not a good game" compared to the rest but I loved it.

Edited by lumphy101