Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

Ride to hell retribution

Damnation

Fast & Furious Showdown

Brink

Magus

Bodycount

Rogue warrior

Call of Juarez the cartel

Far Cry Classic

NASCAR 2011

Soon to be The Rambo game

BRINK WAS AMAZKING. The different class's and guns, so unique.

So far:

Mindjack (loved it)

Quantum Theory

Venetica

Alpha Protocol (very underrated imo)

Lost Planet 2

Dead Space 3

Rogue Warrior (hilarious 2 hours well spent)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Dragon Fantasy Book II

Two Worlds II

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

Bioshock 2

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (with the Echo DLC...5 times better than the base game)

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Games that aren't necessarily good or the best but not as bad as they are commonly made out to be:

Amy

Ride to Hell Retribution

Deep Black (single player...the online MP is every bit of horrible as it comes)

Risen 2

I liked the ideas and the gameplay for awhile but at the end of the day there wasn't enough substance to it once the novelty wore off. Especially, the "final boss fight" (if you'll call it that). Despite this, I still had fun with the game.

How is Ride to Hell not as bad as its made out to be?

The Order 1886.

After hearing people constantly complain about it and telling me not to buy it, I truly have no idea what they were talking about. Yes, I get it, it was super short. But everything aside from that I thought was fantastic. Visually it was the best Playstation 4 game in my personal opinion (I know a lot of people will be like "YEAH! CAUSE IT WAS ALL CUT SCENES!"), but I enjoyed the story a lot. I am really hoping they will make another one here in the future, and yes I do hope it is longer, but mostly, I just want to see where the story goes from here.

• Like 2

The topic title speaks for itself, what games did you like that not many people did? or maybe you just liked a game that you felt was super under-appreciated? A game I LOVED was Final Fantasy XIII-2, time travelling was awesome, the combat was cool, the areas were awesome, the music was excellent and the story was pretty good too (well apart from the ending maybe). I haven't played Lightning Returns yet so please no spoilers! :)

Same here, FF XIII-2 as well. Also really liked that you could have a monster in your team. I didn't like FF XIII though and I still have to play Lightning returns (afraid it might dissapoint me after XIII-2). :P

How is Ride to Hell not as bad as its made out to be?

Most of the glitches that I had seen prior to getting the game, I never encountered when actually playing through it...mind you that there weren't any patches released for it at the time either. I did encounter a few but nothing above average or that did anything like crash/break the game. The story wasn't too hard to follow and the game was surprisingly playable. The controls were solid for the most part and not really broken. If anything, the redundancy of the gameplay can cause boredum in long sessions but I did have a bit of fun with it here and there.

It definately wasn't one of the worse games of all time like a lot of people made it out to be.

Edited by merciful84

I know a lot of you probably like this game and it was received well by critics but none of my friends have like dead space. I personally think it's one of the coolest game experiences I've tried on the ps3 but none of my friends that have tried it (4 of them) have been able to finish the second chapter. They all though it was meh.

Most of the glitches that I had seen prior to getting the game, I never encountered when actually playing through it...mind you that there weren't any patches released for it at the time either. I did encounter a few but nothing above average or that did anything like crash/break the game. The story wasn't too hard to follow and the game was surprisingly playable. The controls were solid for the most part and not really broken. If anything, the redundancy of the gameplay can cause boredum in long sessions but I did have a bit of fun with it here and there.

It definately wasn't one of the worse games of all time like a lot of people made it out to be.

None of those are what turn people of [other than the painfully bad third person mechanics].

The story was never said to be too hard to follow just horrifically bad. The kind of stuff a teenager with only basic grasp of the English language wouldn't write, and the gameplay was sluggish, unsatisfying and clunky as all hell not to forget, repetitive with no redeeming factors.

And having re-read your post, i'm astounded at how you actually found enjoyment in Mindjack.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

None of those are what turn people of [other than the painfully bad third person mechanics].

The story was never said to be too hard to follow just horrifically bad. The kind of stuff a teenager with only basic grasp of the English language wouldn't write, and the gameplay was sluggish, unsatisfying and clunky as all hell not to forget, repetitive with no redeeming factors.

And having re-read your post, i'm astounded at how you actually found enjoyment in Mindjack.

Yeah, but those qualities wasn't enough for me to consider it one of the worse games that I've ever played. Honestly, i enjoyed it more than Tomb Raider: Underworld...now that game was boring as hell.

I LOVED Mindjack :) . The core concepts were awesome and well executed imo. The only issue that I had with the game is that the story just completely fell apart at the end and the twist was pretty bad too. The actual gameplay was fun though. I loved being able to "hack" into other players' games and game over them in the middle of a boss battle or even random shoot out. Or offing a bunch of other players who hacked into my game. The way the online pvp and co-op MP mechanics were integrated into the campaign was nothing short of innovative.

• Jak II (Its few flaws are enough to have people avoid buying the sequel, which is a hasty and bad decision, rage-quit, and end up hating the game.. even after beating it)

Jak 3 (Its shorter story, which is not a big deal at all, ends up getting this game not too much liked, ironically, along with the darker universe, atmosphere, and other aspects, ironically)

Dead Space 3

Resistance 3

Uncharted 3

Sonic Unleashed

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (to a degree)

Playstation Move Heroes (to a degree)

inFAMOUS Second Son

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (to an extent)

The Legend of Korra

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

Yeah, but those qualities wasn't enough for me to consider it one of the worse games that I've ever played. Honestly, i enjoyed it more than Tomb Raider: Underworld...now that game was boring as hell.

I LOVED Mindjack :) . The core concepts were awesome and well executed imo. The only issue that I had with the game is that the story just completely fell apart at the end and the twist was pretty bad too. The actual gameplay was fun though. I loved being able to "hack" into other players' games and game over them in the middle of a boss battle or even random shoot out. Or offing a bunch of other players who hacked into my game. The way the online pvp and co-op MP mechanics were integrated into the campaign was nothing short of innovative.

Its just all bad, really bad. The game isn't even mediocre at anything it does, its just all bad. Its hard to put into words, but all those things when put together make an infuriating experience.

Much like Ride to Hell, I found Mindjack to be wasted potential. The ideas are cool and for then fairly innovative but the execution was sooo poor. Shooting lacked any punch or proper execution, with lack luster level design and the AI is incredibly dumb that it cheapens the whole hacking thing, online lacked any semblance of balance and to top that all off it had a story I could not bother to care for and some low, low production values. Not as bad as RtH though, that's for sure. In my eyes Mindjack is just a really bad game, not nearly unplayable.

• Jak II (Its few flaws are enough to have people avoid buying the sequel, which is a hasty and bad decision, rage-quit, and end up hating the game.. even after beating it)
  • Jak 3 (Its shorter story, which is not a big deal at all, ends up getting this game not too much liked, ironically, along with the darker universe, atmosphere, and other aspects, ironically)
  • Dead Space 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Uncharted 3
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (to a degree)
  • Playstation Move Heroes (to a degree)
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (to an extent)
  • The Legend of Korra

Most of those really aren't games the general populace hate. Most people enjoyed Dead Space 3, alot loved Uncharted 3 and Second Son is generally well received, same with PSASB.

Most of those really aren't games the general populace hate. Most people enjoyed Dead Space 3, alot loved Uncharted 3 and Second Son is generally well received, same with PSASB.

Title is about disliked games that I've enjoyed. Dead Space 3, Uncharted 3, Second Son, and PSASBR especially, especially are disliked.

Dead Space 3 is disliked heavily and by a lot of people for it's universal ammo system (downgrade) (which this only happened because of the dev's small budget for DS3), lessen horror (extremely serious issue across the fanbase) and more action (including the music), and for the benches being removed. Everybody looks and claims Dead Space 2 as the best in the series and that Dead Space 3 was more than just a slightly below non succeeding sequel.

Uncharted 3, similar to Dead Space 3, gets bashed and is consistently hated on for not only having a less impactful and not as good story as Uncharted 2, but also having an inferior and claimed non-balanced MP mode (which I disagree with both of). That's 2 of general game's biggest elements, and with both consistently complained about across the fanbase b a large amount of people, Uncharted 3 is fairly disliked.

Second Son, is also fairly disliked by a lot of people because not only did it fail to surpass inFAMOUS 2, but even when you give SS a break, it barely passes as great example of an inFAMOUS game on the now gen system. Like, alone as a game, it's nothing amazing. I agree partly with the opinions said about SS, but not everything. Yes it was inferior compared to inF 2 and the story and/or universe was not that well constructed, but I personally enjoyed the game enough to be satisfied and give it a 7.0 at the every least (not my official rating).

PSASBR is most definitely disliked AND hated by a lot of people. I've been a witness to this multiple times, in multiple places. A lot of the Smash community hates and bashes on this game, people who have tried this game dislike this game, and a lot of top and skilled players who left the game because of a certain patch, now heavily dislike it. Seriously, this game is liked by a good amount of people, but it's nothing compared to how many hate and dislike this game, especially after patch 1.10 which essentially destroyed the community.

I've been a supporter and important member in the community for 2+ years so I know all of this for a fact. Don't even get me started on the amount of people who have used and abused this game for its platinum trophy then to be done with it completely (I've seen plenty of these comments on that one "Platinum thread"), along with some spiteful or negative comments made alongside their platinum post.

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor
  • Like 1